100W-equivalent price trend?

beamis

Newly Enlightened
I don't notice any flicker on my 40w or 60w WW Crees. And I'm usually pretty good at sensing this on Xmas lights and other LEDs too.

It's a pretty fast flicker (120Hz on US electricity grid). You wouldn't detect it unless something was moving fast. I notice it on ceiling fans. I don't know why, but it bugs me. I really like most aspects of these bulbs, but that flicker just gets to me. Luckily I have a stash of the Philips L-prize bulbs that don't flicker at all. Hopefully they will hold me over until someone comes out with a 85+ lumens per Watt A19 LED without flicker for this price point.

BLH

Newly Enlightened
In the summer when I had a table fan running. You could see the strobe effect of the fan blades. If my overhead lights with Cree 60 watt 2700K bulbs was On.
I use a small Radio Shack battery operated amplified speaker and a photo cell as a signal source. I can hear the 120 cycle noise.

DoorCountyGuy

Newly Enlightened
I just snagged one the other day when I saw the price drop. It's the 'alien head' form factor with the white lenses. I've got it running in the ceiling lamp in this room and so far I like it. My only complaint is that the beam pattern is meant for a table lamp, so there's a null in the light distribution at the top of the lamp. Thus the brightest part of the room is a couple of feet below ceiling level. The color temperature appears slightly cooler than the 2700k CFL that it's running next to, which is good.

Well, here's to resurrecting a dead thread.

Just got back from War-Mart; The War-Mart brand 60W equivalents are down to $1.97, and the 100W equivalents are down to $7.42. I was a little peeved that the 100W bulbs were almost 4 times as expensive as the 60W bulbs. Equivalents.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I use the 60 watt's from Orchard Supply. Really bright. Was going to get 100 watt bulbs but more expensive due to needing more heat sinking.

Bill