1200 Lumen 2D Maglite Mod

jonnywoods

Newly Enlightened
So far its a mash up of stainless steal pipe fittings and shop extras. I have just about every tool except a lathe unfortunatly as what ive got so far could be alot lighter

Last edited:

jonnywoods

Newly Enlightened
image.tiff

image.tiff

jonnywoods

Newly Enlightened
klem I was not looking to by pass reading or doing my own research I was mearly asking your opinion, as in witch switch do you find the best and where do you get it but I also respect you for wanting to keep that a secret if you like.

Klem

Enlightened
It depends on your budget, what sort of use you expect to put it through and the circuit it's going into.

Do you need momentary ON, or does it have to stay latched/closed for the time you want it on?

You can use a magnetic reed switch for either momentary ON or latched. No need to worry about waterproofing the switch as it operates by a magnet on the outside of the torch.

A piezo works nicely underwater. They are normally momentary but if coupled with a toggle circuit you can make them latch.

Plain old mechanical switches work. As long as you think about how the changing water pressure is going to affect them and also how to waterproof them.

jonnywoods

Newly Enlightened
I would like to use the piezo switch with the circuit you described because I like the cleanliness and simple method of water proofing and function. It would not get caught on anything or tear or leak. I would be going no deeper than 100' . It seems like a much better switch than a clicky switch or a toggle on a dive light. the light im building is a simple single emitter (xml-2) with a 2.8a driver 7135 based 5 mode with a single 18650 no reflector as im building it for use with a gopro so maximum flood is the best and throw is negligible. I supposed I could use a clicky switch with some rubber bands or something under the cap to make it stiffer so it does not turn off from water pressure upon descending. a toggle is only an option if I build a canister for battery pack. I thought I would start with a basic all in one unit first.