14500 In A Toothbrush?

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
This leads me to ask one question ... how bad are our teeth to require such a powerful toothbrush? :crackup:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use 14500 in my toothbrush. It really does turn your $6 toothbrush in to the same $100 "Sonic" toothbrush.

I notice seems to dislodge more stuff than normal. Also gets rid of more plaque under the gums.

I'd say the real advantage I've noticed is now I don't have to floss as carefully.

Doug

Enlightened
Ok, finally got around to trying a 14550 in a toothbrush.... I was startled at how loud it was! It nearly jumped out of my hand.... it felt like it was going to explode/shake apart! Awesome, eh :)? I should try running the battery down.... I really do not care if the toothbrush dies, after all I tested it on an old toothbrush I have been using for cleaning grout....

Doug

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to www.toothbrushoverclockers.com for your answer!

At first I was just trying to be funny but if you actually do go to the link, the first link on the page will lead you to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNv5TMwAZlc

Who would've thought that there actually are toothbrush overclockers in the world! :laughing:

Haha this is really funny! I can imagine a similar situation on those forums, if someone asks which flashlight to buy. "Just go to your hardware store and buy a Maglite, it will serve you for the next decades", while someone else replies "You can look at candlepowerforums.com for your answer, who on earth would have thought there are actually people in the world who 'overclock' their flashlights!"

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use 14500 in my toothbrush. It really does turn your $6 toothbrush in to the same $100 "Sonic" toothbrush.
I notice seems to dislodge more stuff than normal. Also gets rid of more plaque under the gums.
I'd say the real advantage I've noticed is now I don't have to floss as carefully.
You'll go through a lot of $6 toothbrushes if you overdrive their motors with 2.5 times the rated voltage.

When those battery powered Mach3 razors came out way back, I put the L92 in it.
Really makes the razor more nimble.
Those would probably last even shorter, they have tiny pager motors inside whose brushes really don't take kindly to overdrive.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those would probably last even shorter, they have tiny pager motors inside whose brushes really don't take kindly to overdrive.

Now a days I guess I would probably use an Eneloops.
But I use the regular sensor3 blade.

Do you know if Gillette upgraded the motor for the 'second generation' mach3 (the one with a built in timer/battery meter)?

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll go through a lot of $6 toothbrushes if you overdrive their motors with 2.5 times the rated voltage.

In many cases they underdrive the motors in the $6 brushes compared to the "Premium" "Sonic" brushes.

For $6 I don't care any way, I haven't killed any brushes. Most of the time I just demote my toothbrush to an electronic scrubber. They are great for getting wire grid style aluminum wheels clean.