• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 1450L M*g 2-1/4D 8x14670

Action

Enlightened
Thanks, if the reflectors are coming the the next week or so, could you delay shipping on this until I can combine everything together into one working light?

If I can get a couple of reflectors, I would also be likely to purchase another boro lens, your 9x14500 adapter, another socket, and a WA1185 as well.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Got my light today, and it is beautiful. Waiting on batteries, then I'll give a report. In the meantime, luckily I had a LOP aluminum reflector that has a larger bore...because the smaller, typical WA bore size .377" is too small for these 14.8V Carley bulbs. Need the .472-.5" size reflector bore. I took a couple shots of these bulbs compared to a WA 1111 bulb.

c43b.jpg

c43a.jpg

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info Lux, appreciated....question...would I be able to drill out a bigger hole in an existing reflector myself...or do you think that is something for a more experienced person should attempt? Thanks..choppers

LuxLuthor said:
Got my light today, and it is beautiful. Waiting on batteries, then I'll give a report. In the meantime, luckily I had a LOP aluminum reflector that has a larger bore...because the smaller, typical WA bore size .377" is too small for these 14.8V Carley bulbs. Need the .472-.5" size reflector bore. I took a couple shots of these bulbs compared to a WA 1111 bulb.

c43b.jpg

c43a.jpg

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I had that very question in the past, and was told it is very easy to mess up the polished reflector surface if not done right and centered properly. It seems like it would be easy enough to do if it was secured in a soft surface vice, and drilled from the bottom end...but maybe someone who knows more about it can speak up, as I have not done it.

PursuitSS

Newly Enlightened
I'll take the following:

#7 HA Gun metal gray 2-1/4D M*g @ $135.00

4 - Bi pin 14.8V bulb @ $10 each = $40.00

1 - Boro lens $5.50 each

EDIT - Forgot socket............

1 - Gold ceramic bi-pin socket - $30.00 (Additional $30.00 sent, Sorry)

Shipping $10 for 1 set

TOTAL: $190.50 (NEW total - $220.50)

PayPal Sent

PursuitSS

Last edited:

rkonieska

Newly Enlightened
Fivemega,

Recieved mine on saturday :grin2: . Nice job, thank you for prompt
service and great light. Waiting for batteries now.........:huh:

:goodjob:
rkonieska

rkonieska

Newly Enlightened
I hear that, tracking said mine was in sat. morn. picked mine up right away
monday morning.............saw the post master driving around and jumped him.
Some benifit to small towns.

Whew.............now where are those Batt.'s:sssh:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
LuxLuthor said:

Ah, bummer

Looks like I'll be waiting for more than batteries then.

I have a big-hole reflector but you loose way too much output with those things...

Did you find a solution?

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just got mine in red and....and....and boy oh boy is it a beauty I mean a real beauty!!! I'm charging up my batteries right now but they still were partially ready for a try and, click and BAMMO!!!! She just turned right on!!!
FM, another (didn't I just say that some time ago??) yep, ANOTHER winner!!!
Keep 'em comming!! :goodjob: :rock:

Stupid me though, I shoulda ordered another reflector or two!!

Karl

Last edited:

Action

Enlightened
Got mine today, looks fantastic, unbelieveably quick shipping! Waiting on batteries and a charger. Any chance of some reflectors coming soon?

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kensters E check payment went through 2 days ago so his lights can ship now please.:eek: I am very anxious to see these lights!:rock:

Thank you,
Ken

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to get a decent DMM one of these days. I've been threatening to do so and just haven't opened the wallet. I'm not getting quite the same intense beam out of this beautiful red machine that I get out of my other FMs and I am wondering if I may have a bad cell. No way to test it though so far....Just doesn't seem to be quite up to par. Any chance I'm doing something off-kilter again?

Karl

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
karlthev said:
I need to get a decent DMM one of these days. I've been threatening to do so and just haven't opened the wallet. I'm not getting quite the same intense beam out of this beautiful red machine that I get out of my other FMs and I am wondering if I may have a bad cell. No way to test it though so far....Just doesn't seem to be quite up to par. Any chance I'm doing something off-kilter again?

Karl

Karl, well the good thing is you are not Redbird, so you are not Jinxed like he is. LOL! But one thing you are doing that is off-kilter is not having a decent multimeter. Even this $20 "El Cheapo" from Radio Shack will give you the basic information on number of volts that you need to know per battery & for the battery pack. With 4 x 3.7V cells you should be getting at least 16.2V in the battery pack when they are charged...since they charge up to at least 4.15V each.

To answer your question, I did find an extremely pathetic, yellow/orange light...at which point I assumed I had either a bad battery, bulb, or something. On testing, I did find one of the new AW cells I got only registered a 3.4V charge, and individually would not take a charge from my Pila or DSD charger. I'll see how this bulb looks once I get the replacement from AW.

I even decided to buy a Meterman 631 Light Meter to see how my various lights compare. $85 from this website.

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, I'm not Redbird but, I just may be in the running for whatever "contest" we're in!! :awman:

LL, your not the first to tell me I'm in dire need of a decent meter. Another CPF member whose opinion I respect has been bustin' me for some time to get one but, I don't always listen, that's all!

In lieu of a meter, I decided to go for the old college try and clean the contacts---duh!!! I did and, cleaned the battery contacts as well and, slapped 'er back together---click, nuttin'!!! Took another look at the batteries and then reinserted them (in the CORRECT direction this time!!). Click, and, while it did turn on but, with a rather yellowish pale beam I'm afraid, nothing like my other FMs. Now I'm using the 14.8 volt custom lamps. I tried to use one of the potted 1131s I got but, I need a bigger hole in the reflectors I have so, I can't say for sure if the difficulty may be the batteries, the 14.8 volt bulb...or what.

I'll keep all of you posted on my progress though....Happy Trails until then!

Karl

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
So you are willing to spend this amount on all these lights, but not a lousy $20 for a Radio Shack tester? There is no way you can figure anything out without doing that...including the per battery voltage, and total output of battery pack.

Hopefully, others will chime in once they get theirs working about output. Remember at almost 1500, this should easily blow away any 1185 Maglite.