150 lumens+ LED flashlight

tman11

Newly Enlightened
wintermute-get the WE d26 HO 170 lum for your surefire. YOu will not be disappointed. It fits any surefire that accepts the p60 bulb.

wintermute

Enlightened
wintermute-get the WE d26 HO 170 lum for your surefire. YOu will not be disappointed. It fits any surefire that accepts the p60 bulb.

Not for me - I am trying to make recommendations for the original poster. I've been asking about the WolfEyes drop in and there's only been crickets. Thanks for the final review. :)

wintermute

Enlightened

Spypro

Enlightened
Thanks !
The only draw back I see with this light is that I don't know what is coming within the package and if it can use rechargeables CR123A. And also there is no belt clip.

wintermute

Enlightened
Thanks !
The only draw back I see with this light is that I don't know what is coming within the package and if it can use rechargeables CR123A. And also there is no belt clip.

Considering it can use LRB168A rechargeables, I would assume that RCR123s could be ok - but I'm sure you can PM that individual who's info I posted above, or search the forums on those WolfEyes.

Spypro

Enlightened
I'll do that.

There is SO much possible choices !
I really want a Surefire... but I can have a much powerful light for less.

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
I'm kind of in the same boat. I think I've narrowed it down to the Lumapower M1 or a WE D2/Sniper. WE's site is really confusing! Do they have more throw than the M1?

wintermute

Enlightened
I'm kind of in the same boat. I think I've narrowed it down to the Lumapower M1 or a WE D2/Sniper. WE's site is really confusing! Do they have more throw than the M1?
Don'y deny the WolfEyes stuff. All of their tact stuff looks excellent. I am in no way affiliated with Mike @ PTS or PTS itself, but after I looked at the site, I was really impressed. If I remember correctly, the CPF discount was substantial.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
+1 for the WE gear, i must admit i haven't used the Lumapower products though and since i have a great WE dealer in Australia it is unlikely that i will change in a hurry since they are such a great product. Try the PTS website if the WE one is to confusing or even the Quarterflash wesbite.

Spypro

Enlightened
What do you think about WE reliability ?
There is not much informations on PTS nor on Quarterflash about what is in the box when you bought it. And there is no belt clip on the lights.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you think about WE reliability ?
There is not much informations on PTS nor on Quarterflash about what is in the box when you bought it. And there is no belt clip on the lights.

I cary my WE and SF lights in my pockets.......the bigger lights I carry in a pouch/holster on my belt......If you use the clips on some lights on a belt, you will break them on the first day out.....the clips are there to hold your light in place inside your pocket, a bit like a pocket clip on a folder.

Spypro

Enlightened
I think I misspelled something.. I was talking about a pocket clip sorry ;)

The 170 lumens WE DefenderII look very interesting.
Any people here who owns this light ? Any comments ? Recommandations on battery ?

Thanks!

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
One thing that impressed me about the Lumapower M1 is the time until 50% on high is about 4 hours using an 18650. For the WE I see a lot of different numbers... I'm not sure which one is accurate.

Spypro

Enlightened
It would be nice to see comments from owners of WE lights.

From Batteryjunction for the Lumapower M1:
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Runtimes: -2 Primary CR123A 1:20/High; 6:10/Low.
-2 Rechargeable RCR123A :40/High; 3:00/Low.
-1 18650 (Lithium-ion rechargeable)4:10/High; 25:00/Low

Look interesting. I wonder how much time it is taking for the output to drop below 100%.

I will buy my light this weekend but there is so much choices :eek: I would like to have them all but I can only afford one ! The question is: which one ?

[/FONT]

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
It would be nice to see comments from owners of WE lights.

From Batteryjunction for the Lumapower M1:

Look interesting. I wonder how much time it is taking for the output to drop below 100%.

I will buy my light this weekend but there is so much choices :eek: I would like to have them all but I can only afford one ! The question is: which one ?

[/color][/size][/font]

They get their stats from here: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/lumapower_m1.htm

Using an 18650 it doesn't stay at 100% for long... slowly dips until the 4hour mark then dies off.

Using regular CR123A's it stays at full 100% for over an hour.

Would like to know how the WE lights do using regular CR123A's and also an 18650.

EDIT: Taken from: http://www.wolf-eyes.com/ (4 hours to 30 minutes???)

D2AX-Ⅱ(Cree P4)
OPTIONAL PARTS:---Cree P4 HO -LED-lamp assembly 3.7-6.0V D26
[ High stage------170 lumens/80minutes with regulated output; 4hours with unregulated output
Low stage-------20lumens about 50 hours ]

D2AF-Ⅱ(Cree P4):
OPTIONAL PARTS:Cree P4 HO -LED-lamp assembly 3.7-6.0V D26
---[ High stage------170 lumens/110 minutes with regulated output; 30 minutes with unregulated output
Low stage-------20lumens about 25 hours ]

Last edited: