1xAAA chinese e-bay light partII

mosport

Enlightened
Hello,

My ebay clone arrived yesterday and I'm using Panasonic's new Oxyride AAA (spare batteries from my ARC AAA v4).

Eventhough I had to slightly straighten out the LED in order to center the beam, then add a rubber washer over the battery, I'd purchase 5 more if someone is willing to organize a group buy.

Melven

Newly Enlightened
I would be willing to buy 5 if someone wants to put together a group buy.

gnef

Enlightened
i would also be interested in at least 5, maybe 10.

anyone actually going to do this though?

lebox97

Enlightened
looks like there is more than enough interest - I'd do the group buy if I knew how to contact SE (balazer send me a PM pls)...

I'll get a quote for the light and average USA first class postage... and let you know what light + S&H would be... if everyone is still game - I'll do it.... :)

Last edited:

Ledean

Enlightened
I got mine today. It is shorter and thinner than arc. Not bad for a few bucks.
i am interested in the group buy.

p0tempkin

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, new member, long time lurker here. I bought several from the seller on eBay that was linked on this forum previously, and then I stumbled upon this thread. Only $2.50 each? That's a steal compared to what I paid on eBay.

Anyways, I would be willing to organize the group buy, make the purchase, and ship out the items (that is if you guys are willing to let me).

I was thinking about ordering 80 units and selling them with a minimum quantity of 5 units. Shipping would be through USPS Priority Mail w/ Delivery Confirmation. I would charge the actual cost of the lights + the actual cost of shipping + whatever processing fee there is for payment (credit cards are 3%, money orders are 0%). No need to make a profit off these; just giving back to the community.

Either way, these would make some righteous stocking stuffers. I might even do a group buy of the foam donut gasket if someone wants to tell me where to find them at Lowes.

These are the committments I've gathered from the thread so far.

1. txmatt - 10 units
2. notrefined - 10 units
3. voodoogreg - 5 units
4. snoofer - 5 units
5. Nell - 8 units
6. NotEnoughLight - 5 units
7. FRANKVZ - 5 units
8. StevieRay - 5 units
9. mosport - 5 units
10. Melven - 5 units
11. cmendoza - 10 units
12. gnef - 5 units

Total: 78 units

On second thought, maybe I need to place a bigger initial order :)

If you see yourself on the list, please *Post A Confirmation Reply* in this thread that you would like to purchase the stated quantity.

If you want to be added, deleted, or want to change the quantity you wish to order, please *Post A Reply* in this thread.

I will leave this up for a week while I contact Sona Enterprises using the information provided earlier in the thread by balazar. Right now we're assuming a price of $2.50/unit, but I will let you know if that is correct once I contact Sona Enterprises myself.

I will purchase the lights from Sona Enterprises with my own money, so please use the honor system and be firm about your order once you make it.

Thanks!

EDIT: I have made a thread in the "Group Buy" forum on this same topic; you can find it here:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1132348

Last edited:

balazer

Enlightened
p0tempkin,

Thanks for your offer to do a group buy. Don't forget that lebox has already offered to sell some. If you are going to take orders, you should start a new thread in the group buy forum.

gnef

Enlightened
hm, depending on shipping costs, i would be interested in upping mine to 10

p0tempkin

Newly Enlightened
gnef said:
hm, depending on shipping costs, i would be interested in upping mine to 10

Does anybody who ordered one off eBay know the package weight? I can calculate shipping online for quantities of 5 and 10 units.

balazer, I will start a new thread in the group buy forum, but I will still take updates from this thread. I don't think I will place an initial order for more than 120 units (based on the $2.50/unit price quote) so I just wanted to make sure the people who were most interested in this light (i.e. replied in this thread) were included first.

BTW, is the 800-number you posted earlier in this thread the one I should call?

lebox97

Enlightened
p0tempkin
at this point balazer and I were awaiting the results of a preliminary order to see if these are the actual lights we are thinking of (as in "the bay lights"), to verify legitness of the supplier, and to verify the costs involved, etc...
if you want to proceed with this -
then I won't waste any time on it...

balazer

Enlightened
I tried the light with an Energizer lithium cell, and it worked fine. Current through the LED was perhaps a little bit high with a brand new cell. But given the voltage drop you'll see with a lithium cell, I would not be too worried about lumen maintenance with this light. For casual users, the battery will probably out-last the light anyway.

Per chevrofreak's run-time graph, the light output curve with alkaline cells is decent for such a small and inexpensive light. It should stay bright longer with lithium cells.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/89632#post1069540

Energizer lithium AAA 4-packs are $4.01 at Office Depot through the end of the month!