*2016* ZebraLight SC63 and variants like the SC63w

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps the new styling would resemble the curved tapering head of its bigger brother and the area around the switch would be made more flush with the rest of the head for a more streamlined look.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Looks like I will almost definitely be skipping this generation... the output of 63w is not perceivably higher, especially since I mostly use my 62w on H2 or lower modes, which are about the same as 63... runtimes are slightly better (on paper), but I'm always able to charge my battery when it drops to ~50% for this light... and then there's the battery compatibility issue... when does the SC64w release?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battery restriction is a big minus for me as well. Is there a possibility that newer, higher capacity unprotected 18650s in the future would need to be longer? Hate to have a light that can't use newer batteries.

That 90 CRI potential does draw on me strongly though. Hope that materializes.

Enlightened
The battery restriction is a big minus for me as well. Is there a possibility that newer, higher capacity unprotected 18650s in the future would need to be longer? Hate to have a light that can't use newer batteries. That 90 CRI potential does draw on me strongly though. Hope that materializes.
Is it confirmed anywhere that it will be 90 CRI or does the possibility of ZL using the higher output 80 CRI ones still exist? I have no issues with the batteries. Most of mine are already unprotected hybrid 18650s.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4500 kelvin XHP35 being used in the SC600 MK3s is already at 80cri, so I hope the high CRI strictly means 85 or greater.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it confirmed anywhere that it will be 90 CRI or does the possibility of ZL using the higher output 80 CRI ones still exist? I have no issues with the batteries. Most of mine are already unprotected hybrid 18650s.

From what they told me it sounded like the SC63c/d series, if they release them, would be 90 CRI and likely 4K and 5k options. They haven't officially decided on it yet though because the process they use is time consuming and right now their production is dedicated to the MK3 and SC63 preorders. I imagine in February or March they may release them if they decide to, I certainly hope so as a 90+ CRI SC63 in 5k sounds nice.

RNLAF

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of buyinga SC62 or maybe, if I'm able to remain patient, the SC63.
Pulled the trigger on the SC62w neutral white today. Also ordered the Xtar VC2 Plus Master and a KeepPower 18650 3500mAh. Seems like the new SC600 Mark III has some issues although not everyone seems to think so. As a flashlight newbie I will probably be very impressed with the output of the SC62. Besides, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the output of the 62 and 63 unless maybe I was able to put them side by side.
I'm not afraid of unprotected cells but it's my guess that the 63 will be as picky about batteries as the 600 Mark III. Something I don't have to worry about with the 62.

If you need me, I'll be waiting by the mailbox...

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pulled the trigger on the SC62w neutral white today. Also ordered the Xtar VC2 Plus Master and a KeepPower 18650 3500mAh. Seems like the new SC600 Mark III has some issues although not everyone seems to think so. As a flashlight newbie I will probably be very impressed with the output of the SC62. Besides, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the output of the 62 and 63 unless maybe I was able to put them side by side.
I'm not afraid of unprotected cells but it's my guess that the 63 will be as picky about batteries as the 600 Mark III. Something I don't have to worry about with the 62.

If you need me, I'll be waiting by the mailbox...

You'll enjoy the SC62w, until the SC63w is released and shows otherwise I still consider the SC62 as the best compact 18650 light, hands down. Great UI, NW and CW options, well made and durable.

markr6

Flashaholic
You'll enjoy the SC62w, until the SC63w is released and shows otherwise I still consider the SC62 as the best compact 18650 light, hands down. Great UI, NW and CW options, well made and durable.

Yes...such a tough one to beat. I wish they would put the darn SC63 photo up already!!! 3D drawing...sketch on a napkin...something!

fnsooner

Enlightened
Yes...such a tough one to beat. I wish they would put the darn SC63 photo up already!!! 3D drawing...sketch on a napkin...something!
Heh heh, not only do I want to see what my hard earned cash has bought, I worry that if they can't get a picture yet, can they meet their shipping date of Jan 31.

Life on the cutting edge, I guess.
:shrug:

holygeez03

Enlightened
Maybe ZL is waiting to take the photo until after they make a last minute decision on whether or not to ship with the new pogo-pin contacts or use SC62 tailcaps...

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone needs to email them about it today so we can find out about the picture lol :) I've emailed them enough about future SC63 models so it's someone else's turn to bug them!

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Someone needs to email them about it today so we can find out about the picture lol :) I've emailed them enough about future SC63 models so it's someone else's turn to bug them!

Another participant in the marketing strategy of "... how to create consumer demand, and get him to spread the word for free....."

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
Is this officially the first pre-order for a flashlight without a photo of the light?

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Planning on a photo of this light tomorrow. I hope...

Did they tell you this or just guessing? They do seem to update things on Friday so maybe... I'll just send them an email this weekend if it's still not up and see what they say.