2018 FENIX TK75 IS RELEASED! USB CHARGING AND 5100 LUMENS!!

Capolini

Banned
This light looks great! :) I allready own the TK75 2015, and i have waited along for an upgrade to this light. I think i will sell my TK75 2015,and buy this TK75 2018 instead! Will it be availably at Ebay soon?

I have som questions. Just want to clarifie that this light does not require any proprietary battery pack,and that i can use any 18650 batteries i want? Does the extension tube at the old 2015 fit to this 2018 verison? I find it a little hard to read the runtime data. How long can the light maintain 5100 lumens before it steps down, and after that what lumen does it steps down to? And this light has SOS besides of the strobe? I missed the SOS at the old 2015 version.

Hi David!

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-tk75-led-flashlight-2018-edition-5100-lumens/

It does NOT require proprietary battery pack. You can use your own. It is a battery carrier w/ USB.

TK75_2018_BATTERY_CARRIER.jpg

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
It would seem it steps down to 50% (about 2500 lumens) after a few minutes, I presume you can step it back up each time it drops.... or until excessive heat or low battery voltage take effect?

Capolini

Banned
I am NOT a fan of proprietary battery packs. Do not own one and never will. I will say, at least for that you do not have to remove the batteries or carrier. Just hook up the charging system.

I do not get this USB battery carrier charging.You have to remove the batteries and carrier from the flashlight in order to charge them. You may as well put them in the charger. Two more simple steps.

This method there is no way to check the "Individual health" of each battery unless you remove them. These voltage meters in the light are checking the status as a whole.

The only benefit I see from this charging system is it can help in the pinch and be used for people who do NOT have a charger! I do not know any enthusiast who that would apply to.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
If we haven't responded to your comment/question, that means we have sent them to the Fenix engineers. We are waiting for their answers.

Concerning the requests for a neutral white TK75. Around January, there will be another neutral white light released. It won't be a TK75 but it will be another best seller. Watch for that announcement around January.

ven

Flashaholic
Rc40.......???
Hopefully the tk75 as well, imho it makes more sense with best selling lights. Especially lights that don't just have throw , but have lots of bright useful spill. Just makes everything easier on the eye. The tk75 with NW xhp35 HI's would simply be amazing, quite possibly the most attractive fenix light out of the box IMO.

Its great news fenix are starting to use the NW LEDs more...big thumbs up :thumbsup:

markr6

Flashaholic
Rc40.......???
Hopefully the tk75 as well, imho it makes more sense with best selling lights. Especially lights that don't just have throw , but have lots of bright useful spill. Just makes everything easier on the eye. The tk75 with NW xhp35 HI's would simply be amazing, quite possibly the most attractive fenix light out of the box IMO.

I agree. Too bad this one sounds like it won't have the NW. I like everything else about it, so I may just give in...wear yellow glasses when using :)

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Hi David!

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-tk75-led-flashlight-2018-edition-5100-lumens/

It does NOT require proprietary battery pack. You can use your own. It is a battery carrier w/ USB.

TK75_2018_BATTERY_CARRIER.jpg

Thanks for the info,Roberto! :)

I am not a fan of proprietary battery packs either. I dont own any light with such. I avoid them at all time.

^^^^

No problems with the switch for me in the winter!

Turn on Turbo,,,turn off!

Thats right! Turbo all the way. :thumbsup:

Fenix:what can one expect from these xhp35 LEDs performance? I dont own any light with this diod. Is it better for throw or flood,or a good combination of both? :thinking: Can you also please further tell more about how the stepdown works on the TK75 2018. For how long can it keep 5100 lumens before it stepps down, and to what output does it have when it has stepped down to lowest?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix response:

From the user manual, we can see the below information about the intelligent protection, either of which can make the stepping down happened.

Intelligent Protection
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at Turbo mode. When the light is overheated up to 65 or above, the flashlight will automatically downshift the output to 2500 lumens;
when the temperature is lower than 65 , after 3-minute working on Turbo, the light will slowly downshift to 2500 lumens within 30 minutes, to protect from high surface temperature.

Please look at the image below: It will step down to the 50% (about 2500 lumens) from 5100 lumen (first line on the top) when either of the above two conditions happens, and it will stay for a long time (about 2 hours) until it step down to 20% (about 100 lumens).

TK752018_-_14__91789.1507904468.1280.1280.jpg

It would seem it steps down to 50% (about 2500 lumens) after a few minutes, I presume you can step it back up each time it drops.... or until excessive heat or low battery voltage take effect?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix response:

As for the comparison of TK75 2018 VS TK75 2015, please see the image below for more details. The new TK75 has 6 output levels and SOS mode but the old one has only 4 outputs without SOS.
TK752018_-_15__98477.1507904468.1280.1280.jpg

:caution:The extension tube can be used with the new TK75 but please kindly note that the battery carrier being used in the extension tube should be the previous carrier but not the new one. That is, the USB battery carrier in the new TK75 is not compatible with the extension tube.

This light looks great! :) I allready own the TK75 2015, and i have waited along for an upgrade to this light. I think i will sell my TK75 2015, and buy this TK75 2018 instead! Will it be availably at Ebay soon?

I have som questions. Just want to clarifie that this light does not require any proprietary battery pack,and that i can use any 18650 batteries i want? Does the extension tube at the old 2015 fit to this 2018 verison? I find it a little hard to read the runtime data. How long can the light maintain 5100 lumens before it steps down, and after that what lumen does it steps down to? And this light has SOS besides of the strobe? I missed the SOS at the old 2015 version.

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix Response:

[FONT=&quot]It depends on various demands from different customers. Now users can take out the battery carrier with batteries included to be charged directly via USB cable instead of removing the batteries one by one from the carrier to be charged in the charger, which is more convenient for customers. And we also have the blue button as attached for users to check the battery status with battery level indicator displayed. So customers can know the battery status well in this way when they are in need of the light.

[/FONT]
I am NOT a fan of proprietary battery packs. Do not own one and never will. I will say, at least for that you do not have to remove the batteries or carrier. Just hook up the charging system.

I do not get this USB battery carrier charging.You have to remove the batteries and carrier from the flashlight in order to charge them. You may as well put them in the charger. Two more simple steps.

This method there is no way to check the "Individual health" of each battery unless you remove them. These voltage meters in the light are checking the status as a whole.

The only benefit I see from this charging system is it can help in the pinch and be used for people who do NOT have a charger! I do not know any enthusiast who that would apply to.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of good info here, so thank you for answering people's questions, Fenix! I'm also glad you're keeping the TK75 around. It's still my go-to light for requiring pretty serious amounts of lumens and throw.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Please email [email protected] and we will assist you in locating a Fenix seller in your country.
Thanks!

Thanks for the assistance. I've just sent a mail to Fenix Support.

But I fear finding a retailer won't be nearly as hard as finding a retailer with that same promotional sale.

Update:
I am prepared to go through with the purchase in the Fenix online store, but I have a concern: In case of product failure (forgive my words, but I have heard too many horror stories of "newly released and not suffiently tested" hardware, including flashlights), what would the return process be?

And I was certain I read this somewhere, but just to get it confirmed: Are the existing battery extender kits (AER-TK75) compatible with this model?

EDIT:
...I trust there won't be any issues with anything, anywhere, ever. Because I've just ordered this light. :popcorn:

All that remains is updating the list now. ^^
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?87150-list-your-lights&p=5108586#post5108586

I am SO gonna get kicked out of my own house if I keep buying flashlights.
...which I do keep doing.

So I better not tell.
xD

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Fenix response:

The extension tube can be used with the new TK75 but please kindly note that the battery carrier being used in the extension tube should be the previous carrier but not the new one. That is, the USB battery carrier in the new TK75 is not compatible with the extension tube.

Thanks! I suspected that. Hoping to see a review of this light soon.

Fenix: Included in the box with the TK75 2018 is the new USB battery carrier. If i want to buy an extension tube for the TK75 2018, will an extension tube with the new USB battery carrier be available to buy separately? Since the extension tube with the old carrier is not compatible with the USB carrier, then there must be an extension tube with the new USB battery carrier included. I cant find that accessory available. If i understand it right, two USB battery carriers will be compatible with eachother? :thinking: Can you please explain this further?

Last edited:

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Fenix: Included in the box with the TK75 2018 is the new USB battery carrier. If i want to buy an extension tube for the TK75 2018, will an extension tube with the new USB battery carrier be available to buy separately? Since the extension tube with the old carrier is not compatible with the USB carrier, then there must be an extension tube with the new USB battery carrier included. I cant find that accessory available. If i understand it right, two USB battery carriers will be compatible with eachother? :thinking: Can you please explain this further?

So, if I understand this correctly, I can either use the included USB carrier OR my two older battery extender tubes (the first version, AER-TK75) with their own, older battery carriers?
But if I cannot chain all three extenders, that's not much of an upgrade. :(

I use a separate battery charger anyway (having bought a Nitecore i8 pretty much specifically for the Fenix 8x 18650 lights), so while a USB rechargable carrier sure is nifty, it doesn't offer much in the practical area.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We have emailed you concerning a Fenix seller in Norway. Concerning your question about the return process, returns always have to go back to the seller. Please read the FIRST post on our wall. The post concerning the Fenix Warranty process. We are emailing your about the order you placed this weekend. Thanks!

Thanks for the assistance. I've just sent a mail to Fenix Support.

But I fear finding a retailer won't be nearly as hard as finding a retailer with that same promotional sale.

Update:
I am prepared to go through with the purchase in the Fenix online store, but I have a concern: In case of product failure (forgive my words, but I have heard too many horror stories of "newly released and not suffiently tested" hardware, including flashlights), what would the return process be?

And I was certain I read this somewhere, but just to get it confirmed: Are the existing battery extender kits (AER-TK75) compatible with this model?

EDIT:
...I trust there won't be any issues with anything, anywhere, ever. Because I've just ordered this light. :popcorn:

All that remains is updating the list now. ^^
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?87150-list-your-lights&p=5108586#post5108586

I am SO gonna get kicked out of my own house if I keep buying flashlights.
...which I do keep doing.

So I better not tell.
xD

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The battery carrier question is a good question. We will see if Fenix has a plan in place to address the battery carrier/extension tube for the new light.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We have sent a message to Fenix to see if they are going to release an extension tube with a rechargeable carrier.

In the meantime, we wanted to make sure you knew this extension tube IS COMPATIBLE with the new TK75.
https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-tk75rk-runtime-kit/

What is important to know is the rechargeable carrier that ships with the TK75 2018 CANNOT be put in the spare extension tube. When you purchase the accessory extension tube, it ships with a battery carrier that IS NOT rechargeable. You can't remove that battery carrier and insert the rechargeable carrier in that extension tube. The rechargeable extension tube can be used ONLY in the TK75 2018.

Does this make sense?

PaladinNO

Enlightened
In the meantime, we wanted to make sure you knew this extension tube IS COMPATIBLE with the new TK75.

What is important to know is the rechargeable carrier that ships with the TK75 2018 CANNOT be put in the spare extension tube. When you purchase the accessory extension tube, it ships with a battery carrier that IS NOT rechargeable. You can't remove that battery carrier and insert the rechargeable carrier in that extension tube. The rechargeable extension tube can be used ONLY in the TK75 2018.

Does this make sense?

I get a sense that my intelligence could be justifiably questioned here, but...

As I understand it then, the included, rechargeble battery carrier MUST be used with the TK75 2018 included extension tube.
BUT the older AER-TK75 AND the current AET-TK75 extension tubes, with their own carriers, can be ADDED to the TK75 2018.

In other words, this chain is possible:

https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server...52018_-_5__03644.1507904468.1280.1280.jpg?c=2 -> https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server...ET-TK75-1__88547.1473863238.1280.1280.jpg?c=2 -> https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server...it__03382__78628.1443047762.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
[Light head] TK75 2018 tube and 2018 carrier -> TK75 2015 tube and 2015 carrier -> original TK75 tube and original TK75 carrier [end cap]

Am I right?

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
We have sent a message to Fenix to see if they are going to release an extension tube with a rechargeable carrier.

Does this make sense?

Thanks for explaining!

So if i buy the TK75 2018 with the usb battery carrier and an extension tube with the carrier that does not have the USB they will be compatible with eachother? I am going to load my batteries sepparately in my chargers anyway. But you are saying that the tube and the USB rechargeable carrier can work together with the non rechargeable battery carrier + tube?