2018 FENIX TK75 IS RELEASED! USB CHARGING AND 5100 LUMENS!!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
PaladinNO. We hope this gets all your questions and concerns answered. Fenix has replied with this. We believe we've covered all the questions now. Thanks for your interest in Fenix lights.

------

Sorry for the confusion and unclear information in my previous explanation. Actually, Fenix has released only one TK75 runtime kit, whose current item number is AER-TK75 and can be compatible with the old and new versions of the TK75.

Here you go…
http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=77&tid=39&cid=34#.WjyvXzS-vs0

The information that I wanted to tell the customer was that the battery carrier included in this runtime kit is not able to be compatible with the new TK75 tube but not the kit itself. That means, only the new battery carrier with USB charging is compatible with the TK75 2018 but the AER-TK75 is also compatible with the new TK75. And the old battery carrier in the AER-TK75 is compatible with the runtime kit only. It may work in the new TK75 but is not recommended as explained previously due to the different structures and sizes, which would probably cause a short circuit or any other problems.

Please kindly note of the above revision. Thanks for your kindly attention and support!

Merry Christmas!

I get a clear sense of me overstayng my welcome here now...

Well, to keep it simple: I tried the TK76 tailcap by coincidence, having placed both next to each other, and not remembering which belonged where.

Long story short: As I did have problems with the light, I started experimenting to find out what was needed to make the light work with 2 carriers.
As I understood a previous post here, using the TK75 2018 tube and carrier FIRST was essential - and then add more tubes and carriers after.

BUT to make the light work at all with any 2 carriers, I have to use the TK76 tailcap.
However, I did not use the 2018 tube with a AER-TK75 carrier on its own - that caused the carrier to rattle around, and I didn't try the light without a second carrier.

I've know there is some design differences between the AER-TK75 and the current TK75RK extension kits - in your promo picture in this thread, fenix store,
you posted a picture of the TK75 2018 with original carrier + 3 extension kits...can I safely presume those extension kits were the TK75RK?
Do you happen to have some of the older AER-TK75 kits laying around to test with as well?

Because I get a feeling here my issues are simply due to a slight incompatibility between the designs of the older carriers and the new light.
Using the later TK75RK's might solve my problem, but that would be a gamble, as I'd then have to buy one of them to test with - if I could know for sure beforehand, I will jump right on it, and get one of them.

So if you could tell me why my TK75 2018 doesn't work with the original tube and carrier + 1 AER-TK75 kit - or better yet, tell me what I need to do to make it work - I'm all ears.

CyberCT

Enlightened
Hi FenixStore. Could you ask the manufacturer:

1) The screw heads (hardware) that bolts the new switch into place ... are they stainless steel or another type of steel that can rust? I bought the TK35 when it first came out and when the black screws (torx?) on the tail end were exposed to water they rusted. I would HOPE the screw heads or all exposed metal on this new TK75 were stainless to avoid any rusting? This is a VERY important question to me

2) I have the first released TK75 and the battery tube. After reading Fenix's responses on this page, yes the old tube and battery cradle will work as long as the 2018 version's battery tube and cradle are always directly connected to the new light head. Great news. Now, if the entire light were kept cold (50-60F at all times (like in freshwater right at or below the surface), would the turbo of 5100 lumens be prolonged with 2-3 battery extension tubes and the constant cool temperature?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We got the questions sent and will post answers when we hear back from Fenix. Thanks for great questions!

1) The screw heads (hardware) that bolts the new switch into place ... are they stainless steel or another type of steel that can rust? I bought the TK35 when it first came out and when the black screws (torx?) on the tail end were exposed to water they rusted. I would HOPE the screw heads or all exposed metal on this new TK75 were stainless to avoid any rusting? This is a VERY important question to me

2) I have the first released TK75 and the battery tube. After reading Fenix's responses on this page, yes the old tube and battery cradle will work as long as the 2018 version's battery tube and cradle are always directly connected to the new light head. Great news. Now, if the entire light were kept cold (50-60F at all times (like in freshwater right at or below the surface), would the turbo of 5100 lumens be prolonged with 2-3 battery extension tubes and the constant cool temperature?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
There are 4 emitters. How about making 1 of them NW, and allowing it to be turned on by itself. NW is most useful for closer distances, and you don't need all 4 LEDs for closer distances.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
If you are waiting for an answer from the Fenix engineers, they will be on a business trip for 2 weeks. We will get more answers when they return.

If you sent a suggestion, if they have a reply for you, we will post here. Fenix always appreciates your suggestions. Thanks

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor

1) The screw heads of the new TK35 are stainless steel. And all the exposed hardware parts of the lights meet the requirements of the 24-hour salt spray standard.

2) The runtime kit (extra battery tube) can help with the runtimes to be prolonged but not the temperature, which would just help keeping the specific output level.

ndfan77

Newly Enlightened
Just got my 2018 TK75, and it's awesome. But what strikes me as odd is the apparent oversight of not being able to buy an additional (2018) battery carrier?

(I've looked, and looked, and can't find an anybody that carries the 2018 TK75 Battery Carrier separately -- but would gladly be willing to hear I missed something!)

It can't be just me that sees what an awesome utility value this would add?

A second, additional 2018 TK75 battery carrier would allow:
  • Quickly (very quickly) changing all four batteries when needed.
  • Being able to keep a set of batteries charging/charged while using the other set.
  • Not having to remove the 18650 batteries individually in order to charge (which isn't the easiest task)
I hope Fenix is/will consider adding an option to buy just the 2018 TK75 battery carrier as a separate SKU from the flashlight.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
If you send your information to [email protected], we will assist you in locating a Fenix seller in your country.

I am VERY interested! I've been wanting a throw-monster, and as I own a TK76 with battery-extenders already (being somewhat of a Fenix nut), I've settled on the TK75 (have almost bought the 2015 version three times now), so this is very good news!

However, anything shipped to Norway valued at above ~43 USD gets a Customs and handling fee, plus +25% on the whole thing, including the shipping.
Can that part can be..."handled" somehow?

If the shipping to my address is 15 USD, the light is 220 USD, that's 235 USD. x 1,25 = ~294 USD when I receive it. I ain't paying that. The government doesn't deserve it.
235 USD for a parcel labeled "20 USD" and checked as "Gift", and I'll buy it tomorrow.

Godzilla.

Newly Enlightened
Great flashlight, but it need some improvement
After about 1:45min with turbo mode
The flash light automaticlly goes to lower mode 2000lm
If i start the turbo mode again it stays 20 secs to drops to 2000lm again
So its actually 2000lm not 5100lm

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The drop down is an indication of two things:

1. the batteries don't have enough power to sustain the Turbo mode. Does this drop down happen when you have fully charged batteries that you know are healthy?
2. the drop down is also a safety feature for overheating. This time depends on your environment. Environment plays a factor in how fast the head heats up.

If you think the light is malfunctioning, you can give us a call. 800-616-1326 We can explain this further.

Great flashlight, but it need some improvement
After about 1:45min with turbo mode
The flash light automaticlly goes to lower mode 2000lm
If i start the turbo mode again it stays 20 secs to drops to 2000lm again
So its actually 2000lm not 5100lm