• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2D, 3D, 4D Tri-Bore For Sale and MAG Head Finning Available

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jesus , I have an unusual request.

I would like a section (or several pieces) of Mag C tube threaded on the outside so it will fit into mag C head.

I want to make more of these "screw in modules":
(This piece was made using the threaded section of Mag C tube)

_MG_5944.jpg

That piece is about 10mm long. So either a piece of tube about 200mm long would allow me to make several , or some smaller sections - whatever is easier or more convenient for you.

Notsure Fire

Enlightened
Oooh screw-in modules sound REALLY good. I've been wondering about them a while ago. I'dlike to see that made.

kkara4

Newly Enlightened
Hello Jesus

I am new here, so please be patient with me if i post in the wrong place or do something wrong.

Firstly, Is it possible for you to bore and fin a 4D maglite either Tri or Quad to accept 3 or 4 18650's respectively? I know two will fit side by side easily when bored, but I'd rather have 3 or 4.

If so how much would it cost inc shipping to Brisbane australia (either via USPS or UPS)?

How easy is it to bore yourself at home, and what equipment do you need (i understand if you dont want to answer this though!)? How do you do all the cool finning patterns?

Thankyou very much for your help, much appreciated sir.

kkara4

Newly Enlightened
Hello Jesus

I am new here, so please be patient with me if i post in the wrong place or do something wrong.

Firstly, Is it possible for you to bore and fin a 4D maglite either Tri or Quad to accept 3 or 4 18650's respectively? I know two will fit side by side easily when bored, but I'd rather have 3 or 4.

If so how much would it cost inc shipping to Brisbane australia (either via USPS or UPS)?

How easy is it to bore yourself at home, and what equipment do you need (i understand if you dont want to answer this though!)? How do you do all the cool finning patterns?

Thankyou very much for your help, much appreciated sir.

Similarly, what would be the situation for this to be repeated for a Maglite 6D?

By the way, in both cases, I don't think i will be using a holder for the batteries, I am just going to stack them in there and mod the tailcap/switch base appropriately.

Jesus Hernandez

Enlightened
1D - $65.00 + shipping
2D - $55.00 + shipping
3D - $66.00 + shipping
4D - $76.00 + shipping
6D - $100.00 + shipping

If you supply the hosts, the price to tri-bore, dual-bore, or quad-bore is:

1D - $25.00 + shipping
2D - $35.00 + shipping
3D - $45.00 + shipping
4D - $55.00 + shipping
6D - $75.00 + shipping

For the 18650 batteries I can only Dual-Bore these. You can not put 3 or 4 side by side. You can only put two side by side.
The top prices are if I get the Mag here and sent it to you.
$25.00 to fin the Mag Head.
Shipping to Australia is around $15.00.

Similarly, what would be the situation for this to be repeated for a Maglite 6D?

By the way, in both cases, I don't think i will be using a holder for the batteries, I am just going to stack them in there and mod the tailcap/switch base appropriately.

kkara4

Newly Enlightened

For the 18650 batteries I can only Dual-Bore these. You can not put 3 or 4 side by side. You can only put two side by side.
The top prices are if I get the Mag here and sent it to you.
$25.00 to fin the Mag Head.
Shipping to Australia is around $15.00.

Just to clarify, if i wanted you to get me the mag 6D and bore and fin it, it would cost me 100 + 25 + 15 shipping = 140 bux? ie your 25 dollar for finning is extra?

If 3 or 4 18650 is not possible, what would be the best battery option to have the max possible current capacity in a given length? For example, 2 18650 side-by-side in parallel would give me 5.2Ah (in the case of AW 2600MAh 18650's)..Ive seen some 18650 protected offering 2800MAh now as well (ie soshine ones).

What I'm suggesting is, are there shorter but fatter batteries that are protected and can give me higher than 5200MAh? Or is there a parallel combination I could use that would give me more than 5200MAh in the same 65mm length as the 18650's?

Thanks a lot for your replies jesus, much appreciated. I will definitely be getting you to buy the Mag for me, price in Aus then shipping to you is much more expensive. However this won't happen for 2 months or so, because that's when our end of semester vacation starts, and torch building begins :grin2:

Xuen7

Newly Enlightened
Re: 2D;3D;4D;6D Dual,Tri,Quad-Bore For Sale and MAG Head Finning Available

HI,

I need those mag D extensions, PM sent with details,

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2D;3D;4D;6D Dual,Tri,Quad-Bore For Sale and MAG Head Finning Available

:paypal:

for plain mag 2D shimmer blue with tri-bore
plus shipping to UK (as discussed through email communications)
total = $70

thanks