3 Piece Rock Bands

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
I love "I'm Freaking Out", and luv Dreamtheater - Saw them just once.

That's great that you got to meet Steve. I have some of his instructional vids, and you can tell he's down to earth. I got some good tips from those vids that I put to use, regarding amps and sound.

Yes, total bummer about Neil. My friend that I was in a band with caught one of Neil's sticks - it actually practically landed right in his lap. He had it hanging in the practice room where we jammed. Then one day all of the drum sticks were broken, and he started using it. I tried to talk him out of it and told him that Neil put every nick in that stick. He started using it, then broke it, and I don't know what ever became of it. That dude never took care of anything.
T'were I, that stick would have been under glass with an armed guard! That's a cool souvenir!!!!

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
T'were I, that stick would have been under glass with an armed guard! That's a cool souvenir!!!!
I know. If we weren't young & broke teenagers at the time, I'd have slapped down a 50 dollar bill and bought it from him before he started smashing cymbals with it.

I guess I can't say much. My same friend who knows Skip gave me a piece of Ritchie Blackmore's guitar cable that he got when Blackmore smashed a guitar in front of him, because he knew I was a Blackmore fan at the time. I ended up putting plugs on it and using it, and then it got lost in the shuffle of doing band gigs. Young and dumb.

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
I know. If we weren't young & broke teenagers at the time, I'd have slapped down a 50 dollar bill and bought it from him before he started smashing cymbals with it.

I guess I can't say much. My same friend who knows Skip gave me a piece of Ritchie Blackmore's guitar cable that he got when Blackmore smashed a guitar in front of him, because he knew I was a Blackmore fan at the time. I ended up putting plugs on it and using it, and then it got lost in the shuffle of doing band gigs. Young and dumb.
I always dug Blackmore, particularly his work with Rainbow. That's some refined playing!