List the bands or music that you may be ashamed to admit to liking....

bykfixer

Flashaholic
. .
"Charlie Brown Music" as in Vince Guaraldi's soundtracks for the Peanuts cartoons? So do I :wave:

That's the one.

At a time, fate had me living in a motel in Greensboro NC. One afternoon I got yelled at by the hotel manager for playing Charlie Brown Christmas music too loud.

As it turned out the hotel was a local brothel and it was turning off the customers. lol.
I packed up my little belongings and split that place. But when I first arrived in Greensboro some coworkers had not warned about the nearby motel 6. It was cheap and near my job so I stayed there like 2 nights.

Looking back, when I saw their rates included hourly I shoulda paid more attention.....

I am not ashamed of any of the music I like[Rock/Jazz/Blues/Classical].

If I liked rap or country[especially rap],,,,then I would be ashamed!:D

^^^

It is a matter of preference and opinion like so many things. Mine will never change about country or rap. I do not even consider rap as being music!

The country song was manageable.

I see no use for that rap song,,,,,,,,,,musically it is talentless.The lyrics are inferior to all other kinds of music.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
That's the one.

Look up Vince Guaraldi's Cast Your Fate to the Wind. It was his one big hit on the radio in it's day, and it has those distinctive Guaraldi chords in it. This is the song that got him on the radar of the producers for the first Peanuts special, so it actually landed him the gig for the soundtrack. The rest is history.

BTW my current favorite from the Guaraldi Peanuts genre is The Great Pumpkin Waltz.

scout24

Flashaholic
I grew up on a household where my mother would play Chopin, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, and Mozart. My father liked country, Willie Nelson in particular. Naturally, I gravitated to rock, everything from pop-rock 80's (Journey, Styx, Foreigner, etc.) to AC/DC, Led Zep, etc. Actually saw about a dozen Dead shows over the course of two years or so in my youth, also. I think. :) My Wife's a big country music fan, so we go back and forth with country and classic rock on my Spotify. With some power ballads thrown in. Hair bands rule.. Lol. I may even admit to toe tapping and knowing a 50 cent lyric or two.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Puuuuh, i have to confess KISS really run me close to :barf:

You can hear their "I WAS MADE FOR LOVING YOU" on literally every single wedding eve party around here. That's always the moment for my mantra "nothey´renorockmusicnothey´renorockmusicnothe....." and grabbing a bottle of Bourbon from the bar...

Saw a Las Vegas show of them on TV last New Year´s Eve and couldn't remember ever having seen such a so very rather poor show from any band.

Even Ritchie Blackmore in his most bored moments playing his cheesiest Rainbow-Disco stuff appears to be a sparkling volcano of inspiration compared to that...

And I have to admit I saw many shows of him, playing many bands...

Well, since Ritchie Blackmore was infused into the thread, we absolutely cannot move on to other subjects without giving him props for his unquestioned loyalty to his bandmates, resulting in a stable, consistent group of happy musicians in Rainbow. Thank God he had the foresight to ensure that consistency, which led to the band having ONLY 4 different lead singers over their incredibly long 7 year career!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Can't bring up KISS and instability without mentioning Vinnie Vincent, and I may be ashamed that I think his later band's one single is pretty solid for 80's movie-heroes-high-five-and-freeze-then-credits-roll-over-them music..

Say what you will about rap, (it's mostly true) however, the sheer amount of lyrics and the speed of their delivery are damn impressive. I'm not a fan, but I do marvel at those that are able to create it.

~ Chance

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Say what you will about rap, (it's mostly true) however, the sheer amount of lyrics and the speed of their delivery are damn impressive. I'm not a fan, but I do marvel at those that are able to create it.

~ Chance

Agreed but.....

When I hear those 'songs' they remind of a girl in high school who yack, yack, yack'd constantly like a 33 rpm record on 45 and after about a minute of that I think "SHUTHUH****UP!!"

markr6

Flashaholic
Just this morning I loaded a bunch of old MP3s onto a SD card, since I realized my new jeep has a slot for that. Seemed pretty cool, so I wanted to make sure it worked.

5 minutes into my ride to work, NWA was playing. Wow, it's been a while! I had to roll up my windows not only for the colorful language, but to prevent any embarrassment it would have caused. A 37 year old white guy dressed up driving to work playing that on a stock audio system...that's messed up.