Music - Just plain bad.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Honestly, I pretty much feel most of the sampled-then-reconstituted re-run type music just doesn't cut it. For one, the originals that they're dishing on are, from what I've seen, almost always better, and the add-on crapola they add to make it contemporary just gets in the way. Either it's egregious and pointless computerized electronica overlaid on top of the good stuff, or its vastly inferior vocals and other instruments with precious little of the original's quality left.

Word to modern "artists": if you are, then craft your own; leave the work of other artists alone ... and theirs.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything in the 'country music' aisle.
If someone should ask my musical genre preferences, and I am in a leg-pulling mood, I'll say "country disco" and "gangster rap" .Not being much of a country fan, there is some truth to it, but there are exceptions., some recent songs from Kylie Minogue with a distinctly country sound (but that's a different thread...).

Dave

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Gangster rap.... There was an actual song, instead of just a rap one that a "gangsta" made sooo many years ago that simply consisted of lyrics in which he used his Glock to end people. The lyrics were crap, and repetitive. But it had a surprisingly good beat. For obvious reasons, I'm not going to link to that video.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if you must listen to this music just turn on any FM radio or DAB if you are European and just spin the dial.

Or here is a list.

1. USA National Anthem
2. Any OneDirection song.
3. Hip Hop/Rap in English since Crunk was invented.
3. Country music since the 90s.
4. White Power rock music
5. music in Hindi in general
6. remakes of music from the 60s and 70s, sure it is a great song, so lets keep it that way by not trying to ruin it.
7. anything by Queen
8. pop music past 2001 or so
9. most forms of metaln especially the edgelord ones
10. Eurobeat when it is clearly a remake of an American rap song.

Well if you must listen to this music just turn on any FM radio or DAB if you are European and just spin the dial.

Or here is a list.

1. USA National Anthem
2. Any OneDirection song.
3. Hip Hop/Rap in English since Crunk was invented.
3. Country music since the 90s.
4. White Power rock music
5. music in Hindi in general
6. remakes of music from the 60s and 70s, sure it is a great song, so lets keep it that way by not trying to ruin it.
7. pop music past 2001 or so
8. most forms of metaln especially the edgelord ones
19. Eurobeat when it is clearly a remake of an American rap song.
FIFY 😁

TPA

Enlightened
If you thought Disney's "It's a Small World" was bad... this just made it far worse:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
@TPA a buddy of mine and I had a chance to buy a low power FM station that had tried their hand at church radio. It was for sale, cheap. We had an investor willing to put up the initial cash. The idea was to build up a following, sell it a larger company and start another one somewhere else. Then do that again and again until we ended up owning one at the outter banks of North Carolina.

The music was going to be cutting edge, just arrived at the record store rock and roll. Like a college radio station. But we could not agree on the first song to play. We agreed it would be a Ramones song. He wanted to play "I want to be sedated", me "Spider Man theme". One evening we agreed to disagree. The next evening in a drunken stuper we ended up hurling insults at each other. Next evening we were fist fighting over it. We didn't speak for weeks after that.

One afternoon he called me out of the blue on the phone to say the investor had backed out because "you two idiots can't agree on the first song, what else are you going to fight about?" Shortly after that somebody bought the place and sold the antenna for scrap metal, then built a car wash on the land.

We got past it and laughed about it for years. When I got sober we went our separate ways. But we remain friends to this days.
Wow, what a story. How strong was their signal?