• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 3rd Run: MC-E + 18650

nitewind

Newly Enlightened
Hi Download,
:paypal: for payment + sapphire crystal + 3%
Thanks
Nitewind

Now the waiting begins:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

KSC001

Newly Enlightened
Hi Download,

Please send light with optional sapphire crystal. Paypal sent. Thanks.

gessner17

Enlightened
Paypal sent for light+extra $10 for sapphire lens. Where are these shipping from?

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received payment:

3. motorhed66 - OP reflector, Green tailcap
4. sprinkle - OP reflector, black tailcap
6. gessner17 - OP reflector, any tail cap
7. nitewind - OP reflector, Green tailcap
8. KSC001 - OP reflector, Green tailcap
9. FRANKVZ - OP reflector, Green tailcap
10. rkjr - OP reflector, Green tailcap

Ship from Hong Kong within 24hrs.
:thanks:

gessner17

Enlightened
Should I buy protected 18650s or non for these lights? Do they work better with batteries that have a button top or is flat fine?

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both button top/flat top and unprotected/protected 18650s can be used.
Some protected 18560 may too long like 3000mA one that can't use.
Suggested AW protected 18650s, can handle max. current better.
:)

Sober

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:Unique Transaction ID #6AF040494S5406124

Paypal sent for light+extra $10 for sapphire lens + 4%

Regards

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow that is a beautiful flashlight. I have been searching the forums for a good *flood* light and this might be the ticket.

1.)what type batteries are needed
2.)will you be offering another run for these?

thanks

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:
1. Li-ion 18650 3.7V,

2. Let all receive their lights first then will start another run.

gessner17

Enlightened
Anyone get theirs yet? Seems like it's taking a long time to get here! :)

motorhed66

Newly Enlightened
They tried to deliver mine today, but , Im at work.Hey, real quick, anyone have a place they like to get these batteries from?

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
Received mine, and like it fine. Kudos to download!

There was a big black spot in the center of the beam, and it was too pronounced for me to ignore. I tried a layer of screen saver on the lens but it was not enough. A layer of Scotch Magic Tape got rid of the spot.

The clicky is too stiff for me, but seems to be loosening up a little. It certainly will not get pressed in a pocket, and this light is a pocket light. End of gripes.

I like the interface, with hi-med-low and mode memory. It works fine as a twisty, too, just by backing off the tail cap. Threads are smooth and precise. It tail stands. There is a lanyard slot in the ring protecting the clicky. There is no brand name on the body anywhere. Mine is more a dark silver than the gold tint in download's photo. This is a very nice looking light.

The output, even with the diffuser layer on the lens, is great. It was a flood before the diffuser and is a floodier flood with the tape. I like a floody beam, but with the tape the spread is actually too much for even me. It's great for close up use, however. The output is so high that there is still enough throw for me, and in a pinch I could always just pull the tape off for more throw. The color temp is whiter than my Sabrewolf mini-EDC, so that puts it above 3500k, but it's not as white as the original SSC's. The color does not change much as you cycle through the high-med-low modes.

The head quickly gets hot on high, a testament to good heat sinking in an MC-E light this size. The body of the light gets warm but not too hot to hold. I will try to run a temperature series with a thermometer and see how hot it gets. My hand works fine as a heat sink on the body. I will be using it more on medium beam than high or low. I have not done any run times yet.

The size is fine for my jeans pocket, smaller than a drop-in. I plan to carry it in my pocket at night and when we are at our cabin. I am running it on an AW IMR 18650 cell, charged by a solar setup so the beam is stored sunlight.

Glad I bought this one. It will do me well until I find one with a slightly warmer beam and no black spot. I am not ready to change my signature line yet. I probably would have bought one of Sabrewolf's 18650's if he had offered this UI.

Again, thanks to download for a very nice light. :goodjob:

Randy

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
Good and Bad News...

Well good news is I finally received my light after a battle at the post office. They close before I get home from work and when I finally talked them into holding it for me I had to leave town for a few days and then had to go through the process of them holding it again for me. But well I got it yesterday!

Now on to the bad news... I got my light out of the packaging (admiring it for a while.) I put a AW18650 in the light and turned it on. The light is bright! Though not quite as bright as I had expected (possible reason for that below.) First thing I notice is of course the dark spot in the center. Knew it would be there and wasn't shocked and not really disappointed. I doubt it would bother me much in real world usage. Well I decided to cycle through the modes and everything seemed to be working fine, nice range of outputs... this will be a great addition to my growing light collection.

Ok so know you are probably asking where's the bad news... well I decided to see about the memory mode as I will be using the light on medium mode mainly and going to high only as needed as I know this thing will get hot. So I put it on medium mode and let stay for a few seconds to make sure it was set and turned it off. Turn it back on and hmmm it is on high mode again... weird. Ok try it again... same thing. So maybe I am not keeping it on long enough for it to set into memory mode. So I get in on medium mode again and let run for about 5 seconds and it automatically switches itself into low mode... again hmmm weird. Try again a couple more times and its the same. Ok I didn't really have a whole lot of time to mess with it right then so I decided to just see how bright it really was, so I take it upstairs to a dark room and turn it on to really get a feel for it. Turn it on and within about 2 seconds the light output starts turning really blue and dimming. It then quickly turns a pretty green then a flash of purple and then :poof: no more bright light! It was still running but like only one of the 4 dies (think that is the termanology) was running. It will now only just barely output and flicker... in other words the LED is dead :mecry:

I think this light looks great and have been really looking forward to it but it saddens me to think that with under 1.5 minutes of total run time that it is dead.

So I guess my thoughts now are:
download, how can we go about making this right? Your workmanship looks great and I assume it was just a faulty LED. How do I go about getting this replaced or fixed? You can either post on here or PM me. I really really want this light and hope we can work something out so that I can get it back in a reasonable amount of time.

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
sprinkle,

Really sorry about that, I think the MC-E is overdrived by the battery.
Is it IMR 18650?

Don't worry, I will take care of it.
PM is coming.