3x123 kpr112 runtime?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
ELM,
You're speaking Greek to this chemical engineer but I'm glad it's working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm going to go the regulated route for better control. That and someone else can build my controller to suit the exact voltage needs. I bet it costs more than a diode or shottky though.

Icey,
You've got to try the ultimate bulb alignment tool/method. I can't take credit for it but I can pass it on. If you have a donor Mag from which you've removed the switch body, take the bulb attachment collar and the heavy tubular piece it screws into. Unscrew tha collar as if you were going to put a bulb in but put it in upside down so the PR base is sticking out where the bulb capsule normally should be. Now look down the other end of the metal tube and you'll see the filament. Just rotate the tube and observe which way the filament wobbles to. Grab the base gently with a pair of pliers and bend the base in the other direction. Repeat until perfect. You have centered the filament by adjusting the flange. While the capsule may still look way out of whack, the filament will be dead center.

Wilkey

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
just for the record, I used a Mag 4cell Xenon bulb with 3-to-Ds and it was nice and white. It was bright but I can't say since I've never had a KPR112 mod. Tried 3x123 with the MagXenon, it was hella bright but zapped instantly. Today I got a hold of some RS 112s. Wish I had that MagXenon to compare them to. txs