#4 FOURSEVENS Quark Smart QSL !

scout24

Flashaholic
I am very interested in seeing the implementation of the ramping mode, as well as the Android app. Question for 4Sevens: This can be set up using as many or as few of the available modes as the user chooses? And I was not clear on mode memory. Thanks!

jimahi

Newly Enlightened
After reading the description that has been posted on 4Sevens site, I'm confused about the tail switch. I assumed it was a clicky, but the description implies it is only a momentary type switch.

David - What is the feel of the tail switch? Does it actually click, or does it only push in without any click?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading the description that has been posted on 4Sevens site, I'm confused about the tail switch. I assumed it was a clicky, but the description implies it is only a momentary type switch.

David - What is the feel of the tail switch? Does it actually click, or does it only push in without any click?

It's a momentary signal switch but it can behave like a clicky or momentary tactical depending on how you set it. By default it's tactical.
Mechanically you feel a slight "click" when you press it.

:)

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a momentary signal switch but it can behave like a clicky or momentary tactical depending on how you set it. By default it's tactical.
Mechanically you feel a slight "click" when you press it.

:)

Its been asked a few a few times but haven't since a reply yet, how does the ramping mode work? Can you share some insight into this? Looking at getting my first foursevens light but would like to know how the ramping mode works first before doing so. Thanks!

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its been asked a few a few times but haven't since a reply yet, how does the ramping mode work? Can you share some insight into this? Looking at getting my first foursevens light but would like to know how the ramping mode works first before doing so. Thanks!
Final code is not finished and may not be by the time they ship. I didn't want to demonstrate before final software is ready. Even if they ship first there is no problem since the firmware is easily updated through the app. We're working on making the ramp up and down smooth and inverse log so it looks linear to the eyes. Once we have something final I'll make a video and post here. :)

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Final code is not finished and may not be by the time they ship. I didn't want to demonstrate before final software is ready. Even if they ship first there is no problem since the firmware is easily updated through the app. We're working on making the ramp up and down smooth and inverse log so it looks linear to the eyes. Once we have something final I'll make a video and post here. :)

Sounds good looking forward to seeing the results! Also if it could somehow incorporate a shortcut to the max high and low mode that would be a great feature, similar to the Piston Drive lights years ago (which btw 47's was where I read about and ordered my first true flashlight the Nitecore D10). That way users can ramp to any setting they want then quickly shortcut to turbo or moonlight as needed. A great useful feature and would love to see a similar concept incorporated in one of these! Would buy several if that's the case.

sandalian

Enlightened
First thing that came into my mind after seeing this flashlight is a bunch of ideas of how to bluejack (hijack) the communication between flashlight and smartphone.

A neat product, though.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping day! w00t
Unfortunately we need a few more days to button up the software. We're update them wirelessly just before they ship out.
We've updated the ship day to be Friday so they will ship Friday at the latest.
Thanks for you patience.

First thing that came into my mind after seeing this flashlight is a bunch of ideas of how to bluejack (hijack) the communication between flashlight and smartphone.

A neat product, though.
Communication is secure and encrypted.
Sounds good looking forward to seeing the results! Also if it could somehow incorporate a shortcut to the max high and low mode that would be a great feature, similar to the Piston Drive lights years ago (which btw 47's was where I read about and ordered my first true flashlight the Nitecore D10). That way users can ramp to any setting they want then quickly shortcut to turbo or moonlight as needed. A great useful feature and would love to see a similar concept incorporated in one of these! Would buy several if that's the case.
Yes there are a few short cuts - lots of little easter eggs :p

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the questions of special run ww, nw and whatever varieties the answer is no. None planned in the near future. The XM-L2 we are using is well spec'd and is 85 cri which is plenty neutral enough for me.
I think you're confusing CRI with tint. And 85 CRI is fairly typical for a cool-white emitter and really nothing to get excited about. Too bad, because they look like neat flashlights otherwise, but I know you guys have had trouble moving neutral and high CRI stock in the past, so really can't blame you for not offering it now.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you're confusing CRI with tint. And 85 CRI is fairly typical for a cool-white emitter and really nothing to get excited about. Too bad, because they look like neat flashlights otherwise, but I know you guys have had trouble moving neutral and high CRI stock in the past, so really can't blame you for not offering it now.

I've been in the light business for over 10 years. No confusion here. I didn't say "neutral white." I said neutral. CRI is the ability to show all the colors evenly - 85 CRI incredible feat given the the improvements over the years. Just three years ago 60CRI is more typical. Remember white led's are really blue led's with a thin layer of phosphor converting the blue light into the rest of the spectrum. If you take a spectrometer you'll see a spike in the blue spectrum. As CRI approaches 100 (sunlight) the spectrum is more evenly filled. You can actually get pretty poor CRI from "warm" or "neutral-white" led's. I'm rather proud to have sourced 85 CRI parts.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been in the light business for over 10 years. No confusion here. I didn't say "neutral white." I said neutral. CRI is the ability to show all the colors evenly - 85 CRI incredible feat given the the improvements over the years. Just three years ago 60CRI is more typical. Remember white led's are really blue led's with a thin layer of phosphor converting the blue light into the rest of the spectrum. If you take a spectrometer you'll see a spike in the blue spectrum. As CRI approaches 100 (sunlight) the spectrum is more evenly filled. You can actually get pretty poor CRI from "warm" or "neutral-white" led's. I'm rather proud to have sourced 85 CRI parts.
i somehow missed this nugget of information earlier. 85 CRI should be shouted from the mountains! are these led's exclusive to the quark smart or is it being used on the new pk light and preons?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
i somehow missed this nugget of information earlier. 85 CRI should be shouted from the mountains! are these led's exclusive to the quark smart or is it being used on the new pk light and preons?
LOL They're in all the new lights