4 Sevens (Lithium Primary) Moonlight Runtime Test

Darvis

Enlightened
Ok, Tuesday... since I have three or four quarks to play with; I'm going to kick off a low (as in not moonlight) runtime test. I'll pit my last lithium primary against the 2xAA with alkalines and a 1x123 and see what they bring. Will keep this thread going while the SAFT continues on annnddd that should round out our quark results.

Last edited:

Xak

Enlightened
Fantastic. I'm interested in a QAA with 14500, lithium AA, and alkaline AA on low. I'm sure your lights, batteries and time are limited, though.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, the killer combo is the single AA with a spare 1x123 body, tactical UI and flat tail cap... run on anything from a AAA on up, super compact, lightweight... killer runtime. Sweet.

I guess what we REALLY need is a 17500 tube for the Quark. Or heck, use the 18650 one and a series of spacers and put any common cell into the light.

AA, AAA, CR123, RCR123, 18650, CR2...

...I bet a silver oxide hearing aid battery would fire up Moonlight mode for a few hours.

yifu

Enlightened
Really impressed with the runtimes. Now i just need to be stuck in a cave/mine for a couple of weeks to make use of this :) (not really)

Latest posts