$45,000 to be won-which flashlight would you use?

SneakyCyber

Newly Enlightened
A Local Jeweler in Toledo, Ohio did a Diamond dash this summer where they hid a 10,000 dollar diamond ring in the city. There were thousands of participants. I would take my Surefire G2 and my P7 Mag with me.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today's clue........

MrOilDropG3C3-v2.jpg

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Ronin28 are you still around-I need a little help.
Here's today's clue......

MrOilDropG3C4.jpg

I can't seem to load the bonus clue but it is a picture of a calender with Sunday the 12th crossed out.Any help would appreciated.

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
Hey Andreas, yeah I'm still around and have been thinking about these clues to no avail. Let's see, we have a sign which looks to be near a park/river and basically says "stay on walking path". We have balloons, a crown, and a red square. And a bonus of a calendar with Aug. 12 crossed out.

Now the crown made me thing of the Royal Crown revolving restaurant downtown...not sure why, but I thought of that.

Argh, this is driving me nuts, lol! When is the final day of this one?

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I searched royal and winnipeg I got the Royal Winnipeg Ballet?? Not sure if that is near a square and would have anything to do with the crosswalk balloons etc

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
Andreas, I was just looking at Assiniboine Ave. right near the Royal Crown Restaurant, and on Google Street View there is a point on the street where if you look north, you can see the "Crown" and if you look south, there is a "River Walk" sign next to Bonnycastle Park. Now I've done a search for Aug. 12 and can't find anything with regards to that date. As for the balloons, not sure. Maybe it's not the balloons themselves but one of the colours. You'll notice the colour red continually comes up, in the crown, square, red ballon.

Now there is McFayden Playground directly south of the Legislature Building. From there you may be able to see the "Crown", may be designated walking areas, and maybe there is some kind of party happening there on the 12th?

Hmmmmmm..........

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I searched royal and winnipeg I got the Royal Winnipeg Ballet?? Not sure if that is near a square and would have anything to do with the crosswalk balloons etc

Thanks for the help.Only problem is that the Ballet performs in a neighborhood so nasty the police avoid it after dark!

Now I've done a search for Aug. 12.......
You'll notice the colour red continually comes up, in the crown, square, red ballon

The calender doesn't say Aug-in fact it has no month on it.It is the second Sunday of the month and Easter falls on that day in April.Might mean that it is hidden in the East part of the city.The fact that red comes up so much might be important.

I just search the area around Rougeau Plaza near Transcona(East Winnipeg).Rouge is french for red and plaza is a synonym for square-red square!It is located on Regent which is synonym for King(the crown)It is near Royal Chrysler and a party supply store with balloons on it's sign.There is also a rather large shoe store in the strip mall which might explain the first clue.

After you roll these clues around in your head hour after hour-day after day you start to go a little crazy.
sick2.gif

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last certificate has been found and the game is over for this year.

The other paper-The Winnipeg Sun-should be announcing their game in about 4 weeks.Six more games of $5000 each.

A big thank you to everyone who offered suggestions on lights and clues.lovecpf

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man. Sorry you didn't find any of the certificates in this years game. Where did the last clues indicate?

Good luck on the next games!

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would probably take my Nichia modded High CRI light and my lumens factory/AW soft start 6P in case I need a little more light.

It's all about seeing, right? :)

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the town I grew up in the newspaper had games like this, but the clues were so odd that I would never be able to figure them out.

It would be like, "A place with a weird car." or something.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did the last clues indicate?

The money was found on a bridge next to an ice cream shop(named the BDI).The bridge spans The Red River.As Ronin28 pointed out the color red was prominent in the clues.The bridge joins Jubilee st.(the balloons) on one side of the river to Kingston Row(the crown) on the other.

As you can see you can interpret the clues many different ways.

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
Darn Andreas...sorry I wasn't more help. This was a lot of fun though...you should do the same for The Sun's contest, i.e. post clues here, etc. There's still a chance for you to go to Cuba!

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Winnipeg Free Press has announced it will be playing this game again this year starting this coming Monday.Four games of $5000 each.Just like last year if the money isn't found in 5 days it will be added to the next game.If the money for the first 3 games is not found in the 5 days allotted than the last game will be worth a cool $20,000!

Like last year I'm hoping for some flashlight suggests from my fellow members.I have my eye on the SC600 from ZebraLight but I see it's on back order.

I also wouldn't mind some help with the clues again.

The other paper chose not to hold their game last but I'm hopeful it will be back again this September.They usually play 6 games of $5000 each so that would be a total of 10 certificates worth $50,000 hidden over the next 4 months.This is going to be a great summer!

Z-Tab

Enlightened
A high quality UV light might be good for this sort of thing. Nearly everything would be in total darkness, except for the "Gold," which should light up very nicely.

herosemblem

Enlightened
Will the Winnipeg Press "be playing" this game again this year, or will the Winnipeg Press simply "play" this game again this year?

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Game On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually game over.The first certificate was hidden two days ago and has already been found.The first two clues were incredibly easy and the search turned into a foot race.

The next game starts Monday and there's still time to order a new light.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Game On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....The next game starts Monday and there's still time to order a new light.

Wow, what a cool game. Wish we had that going on here.
I'd recommend a headlamp for hands-free like the Zebralight H31 (maybe even the neutral white edition for better color rendering - H31w) and a handheld for throw like the Quark 123x2 Turbo X. Both are really small, and really bright. The Zebralight has 8 output levels range from a very low low to a very bright 220 lumens on a single CR123 or a rechargeable RCR123. The Turbo X is the smallest & brightest in its class with amazing throw for such a small light. It runs on two CR123's or two RCR123's or best on one 17670 Li-ion rechargeable.

I'd think the headlamp would get the most use, but the throw on the Turbo X could help you scout out the area quickly giving you an advantage that most won't have. Both lights are pocketable, and shouldn't slow you down.

Last edited:

Latest posts