4500K Gu10 Decent cri and beam angle available?

Paul Baldwin

Enlightened
Hi,

can anyone recommend any for me for reasonable money? I'm in the uk so need 230v and don't fancy paying £150+ for 6 bulbs. They are for a kitchen and I personally prefer white to the typical blue or yellow white. Non dimmable is fine. :)

Ta

Paul.

Ps, no plastic bodied bulbs obviously.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
I just bought these to replace 8x gu10 50w halogens in my kitchen. They are metal body warm white 2700k, almost identical colour temp to the halogens they replaced. They appear just a tad brighter too. Ive been looking for led gu10's for ages and was pleasantly surprised by these. Made by Osram - http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/...0-W-ATTCALCEEK-A-Reflector-bulb-Content-1-pcs

They do them in 4000k too by the looks of it - http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/...LCEEK-A-Reflector-bulb-Content-1-pcs?ref=list
£43 for six posted.

Fiver off with code "BUY5UK" if you spend over £50 before postage.

I bought a few spares too. Had them couple of months so far and none have died yet. Supposedly have 3year warranty.They had them in wilco's for double the price but cant see them on their website so don't know if they still stock them. We bought one from wilco to see how it was and then ordered the rest online.

Last edited:

Paul Baldwin

Enlightened
Brickbat, I've seen the Soraa stuff but there's no way I can justify £27 or over $41 USD per bulb! As for decent cri I would have thought over 80 would be classed as decent'ish? 90 ideally but that seems to be really top end stuff?

Cheers Papalumen. The price is definitely more affordable but they are only rated to 15,000 hours and there's absolutely no sign of any heatsinking on the bulb exterior, cri isn't rated either but that's pretty much standard from the searching I've done already, hence asking here :) Ta for the link to the Conrad site tho, it's not one I've come across before :)

Marcturus

Enlightened
Osram 4052899902268 are 8 EUR/apiece. You decide if they're powerful enough for your application.

Anders Hoveland

Enlightened
As for decent cri I would have thought over 80 would be classed as decent'ish? 90 ideally but that seems to be really top end stuff
Generally 85 CRI is appropriate for an office space, you would not want to go below 80 for indoor use. For restaurants or residential use you would more likely want 90. 93 CRI LED spotlights are common in department stores to showcase clothing.