4Sevens Maelstrom S18 (SST-90, 6xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

anthony lumens

Newly Enlightened
Tete said:
Got this a while ago from 4Sevens with the 30% discount. I'd been wanting this light since it came out, but waited to get the price down a bit, because I knew I have to pay the 23% VAT when getting it through customs.:(
I'm very happy with it and like the UI very much. Only downside is that the Xtar RCR's I have, don't fit to the battery holder..:mecry:
But thankfully the 4Sevens CR123's aren't all that expensive...:p

Eagletac rcr123s Also fit in this light

Tete

Newly Enlightened
Better stock up fast on cells, the shipping bans' about to go into effect!

So, what is this exatly? Is it going to be impossible to order lithium cells from anywhere? Because one U.S. place I tried to order some lithium AA's replied saying they can't ship them via airmail, so they don't ship them outside U.S. at all... And from couple other places, i.e. 4Sevens, they do?:thinking:

Eagletac rcr123s Also fit in this light

Maybe I have to try them then.. They seem to be quite reasonably priced too.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The ban, when it goes becomes active, will stop legal shipping of lithium cells overseas...until it kicks in, of course, some suppliers will still ship, while others have already stopped in anticipation.

Tete

Newly Enlightened
Damn! Here for example the CR123's can cost up to 6 euros a piece, so it has been quite good way to aquire them...

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn! Here for example the CR123's can cost up to 6 euros a piece, so it has been quite good way to aquire them...
From what I read the shipping ban is from the US to overseas: you can buy them from many EU countries from 1.5 to 2 euros each depending on the brand.

snoopy8622

Newly Enlightened
It will be even nicer, if it can take 2x 26650 battery instead of 6xcr123. I will definitely get one for such a great light with good throw. :thumbsup:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
does it make sense to buy this light nowadays? it's only about 1.5 years old as a model (came out in August 2011 right?) so not too bad. is it worth spending the cash on?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
does it make sense to buy this light nowadays? it's only about 1.5 years old as a model (came out in August 2011 right?) so not too bad. is it worth spending the cash on?

I was wondering that the other day.

It is a great light...but, as with all LED lights now a days....progress marches on.

Latest posts