4Sevens Mini Turbo MKIII

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The body looks much bigger in diameter. Is that the case or am looking at it all wrong?

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
The body looks much bigger in diameter. Is that the case or am looking at it all wrong?

Correct, the grip section is a straight OD with flutes. The early versions had the dogbone shape which gave your fingers a better place to grip. Personally I found it to be quite slippery compared to the dogbone shape. The flutes being lengthwise makes them minimal in benefit for grip, features perpendicular to the central axis instead would likely have been more beneficial.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. Yes, that appears to be the case. I figured it would be fine to share the graphical information in a way that didn't use CPF's bandwidth.
I post pics with Tapatalk and it cold not be any more simple,really.

scout24

Flashaholic
The subscriptions allow a limited amount of direct photo ATTACHMENTS from your phone or computer. There is no fee to post from flikr, imgur, etc. Afaik, no real limit to the number of pics you can put here hosted by those sites. People have posted photos here forever without supporter subscriptions, myself included.

Thanks, CG. A magnet is a non-starter for me personally. I was thinking it would be a cool spot for some glow material. 

Possible offering -
0Nw2Non.jpg

Probably depends on interest/demand.

~ Chance

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Mine is scheduled to be delivered today. Looking forward to comparing to the Mini Turbo MkII.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Received mine today. Really nicely made with a very strong clip and bright two-stage driver. Not sure yet about the magnet but it holds very well thanks to the barrel fluting.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I love the original version. Not sure about the body changes. Looks much fatter and flutes are going the wrong way for grip

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
The magnetic tail cap is kind of a deal breaker for me too. Making the magnet removable so a plug can go in is smart. Making the magnet removable so a Kappa QR can attach the light to you keys just like a Beta is brilliant.

koziy

Newly Enlightened
Why the aversion to the magnetic tail-cap? There are more than a couple of members stating as much. :confused:

~ cG

I have no need/I don't find myself needing to stick my flashlight onto metal surfaces, and the downside is that it sticks to all sorts of stuff in my pocket or on my desk that I don't want it to stick to.

Latest posts