#5 FOURSEVENS Navi Smart!

fordcappy

Enlightened
Right, and because of the battery level you can not restore the navi. I'm heading out to the store and I'm going to pick up some batteries. The ones in the light are about 2 weeks old and we're reading 87% before the update. Maybe some brand new ones might give me enough of a boost to be able to restore the navi.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
​My Navi is eating batteries like mad, and I am not even using the thing. The BT is killing the batteries on mine.

ftjandra

Newly Enlightened
We found a bug in the bundled Navi firmware. A new app/bundled firmware version is pending approval from Apple.

The firmware was tested with the Navi connected to a bench psu, which did not reveal the problem. Lesson learned.

If any of you affected are interested in getting the new version right away, I can add you as a 'tester' to TestFlight (Apple's platform for testing apps). I'd need you to PM me your email address.

--Ferdi

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the info. on the Navi. bug. I really appreciate that.

ftjandra

Newly Enlightened
New app version (1.2) has just been approved by Apple, which fixes the Navi firmware bug that was in version 1.1.

--Ferdi

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My iPhone keeps telling me that my Navi is out of range, even though on the app. on my phone, I have it checked to NOT notify when my Navi is out of range. It had been doing THAT since that last firmware update. Very weird.

ftjandra

Newly Enlightened
My iPhone keeps telling me that my Navi is out of range, even though on the app. on my phone, I have it checked to NOT notify when my Navi is out of range. It had been doing THAT since that last firmware update. Very weird.
I just tried to quickly reproduce that with my own Navi and could not. Could you try resetting the light back to defaults from the advanced menu and seeing if it still does that?

Also, are you saying that it did not do that with the original firmware? As far as I know, that part of the firmware has not changed, but I will double-check.

--Ferdi

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct, with the original firmware, it did not do this. With the update, BOTH lights started doing this. I am hoping that this firmware update WILL fix this strange issue.

abras

Newly Enlightened
I don't see any customer reviews of Navi Smart in youtube. Why ?
[h=2][/h]

PTT

Newly Enlightened
Having had a Navi Smart since it first came out, I still do not have a good feel for what button click actions do what, or at least what they are supposed to do. For instance, sometimes it turns on with one click, sometimes with two, sometimes with a momentary click and hold, etc. Also have similar problems turning it off, and switching modes. And I even have had inconsistent results using the app on my wife's iPad.

Does anyone have any documentation that has this type of info, even something like the tap codes shown in the QuarkSmart QSL thread?