500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigma

Newly Enlightened
Suppository sized..... for those with their head up there *** there may finally be a light at the end of the tunnel :) I know so so wrong but I had to say it.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alllllrighty then! Guy, I think we need some pics of circuit boards and diagrams of thermal circuitry or something to keep some of these folks occupied! lol

But I already am busy! I like making my own entertainment
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Hey that's not funny . . .
I think your on to something there . . .
How to keep to kernals from popping out the top?
Guy tell "Scotty" we'll need all the batteries have got :p
Gourmet popcorn in 8 mins., MmmmMMmmmm

or Perhaps "MBCSI" MatchBox Culinary Service Instruments. :thinking:

Yes, I guess I am also one of those who needs to be occupied. :shrug:

MBCSI... You pinned the name down

I seem to remember this from an old "Saturday Night" Live episode. The product was called "New Shimmer" .It went something like this: It's a flashlight, no it's a popcorn machine. No, it's a flashlight that just happens to make popcorn. No really it's a flashlight and a popcorn machine combined!

Hmm! Now wait a minute, I think Cataract and Got Lumens are on to something. First it was just a flashlight(all right not just any flashlight) powered by ordinary batteries, then it was a flashlight that could be powered by a special battery called a "nuke". Suddenly it can make popcorn too. Add it all up what do you have: a "nuclear" powered flashlight that makes popcorn in it's own special case.

The secrets out now TGWNN, It's a flashlight, it's a popcorn machine. No! it's a flashlight that combined with it's case and a "nuclear" battery becomes the world's smallest microwave oven. How's that for innovation! TGWNN your a genius.

An you sir, beat me to the concept :twothumbs

This portable popcorn machine can pop corn in less than 15 seconds (don't touch the flashlight "element") PLUS, it's easy to sneak into movie theaters even if you don't carry a handbag; I won't tell you how... but it has a flashlight to help you find your seats. And if the crowd is too loud, you can blank the film for a few seconds and bring everyone back to order. It's also a defence tool in case the bad husher comes to take you out. Blind that husher and run for the fire exit. And if the crowd gangs up against you, just use the special extreme output and aim it at the screen while shielding your eyes. It'll be like walking past zombies after that. Buy our special launcher adapter and it becomes a real torpedo you can fire at the police, helicopters and especially the government submarines chasing you in your escape boat. The basic all-in-one survival tool costs as little as 109.99$, including 3 nukes. Buy the launcher adapter at the same time and save over 30% for a total of only 8399.99$ You will never want to leave home without it ever again.*

*Special approbation might be required and some government issued licences might be necessary to acquire this product. Check your local state laws. Warning: firing live ammunition in a non-designated zone is highly illegal and could be enforced with a sentence to life in prison or worse yet; immediate and sudden death. So is popping your own corn in a movie theater. Shootin at representatives of the law is a crime not tolerated by any country in the world and we are not responsible for the consequences insued by use of our product. In case of actual use of our product, we will deny ever selling it to you and any knowledge of your existence. Your file will be deleted. This message will self-destruct in ten seconds. Good luck, Jim.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some interesting uses for the Torpedo and case, even beyond what I had imagined :crackup:

As I'm still in haywire mode, no time to quote the posts but some real beauties amongst them!
... and I thought I was creative.

hoping to reach the end of the tunnel very soon myself!

tgwnn

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some interesting uses for the Torpedo and case, even beyond what I had imagined :crackup:

As I'm still in haywire mode, no time to quote the posts but some real beauties amongst them!
... and I thought I was creative.

hoping to reach the end of the tunnel very soon myself!

tgwnn

:D Just don't take the torpedo or the HF out when your proctologist says "just a minute, my light just died" or he might lose it where it doesn't feel good. On the bright side, the sun WILL shine. The Core Ti is better suited for that... can't fit a square inside a circle (I think I should switch to light popcorn)

You'll get there, Guy. I know the feeling of trying to reach the end of the tunnel and those times are not about fun, but they don't have to be painful, for pain is only a perception.

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end"

The beautiful part is you're sharing the journey with us, not just the destination.

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cigma, you really cracked me up with that one!

And nice quotes there Cataract, so true. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. The Torpedo will be terrific dessert to the HF and CoreTi :)

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Will there be an option to only have the AAA body in the package? If someone doesn't have 10250lion and don't plans to buy those?
Are you only planing on a XM-L version or is a Nichia219 conceivable?

I know to ask for an ETA is quite impossible, but can you give a rough percentage how much of the development is done, with 100% being able to sell the lights?

Thanks in advance.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some Lighter Popcorn . . .
Inspired by Cataract. Some gourmet light, eats a little slower too.

LightPopcornSlow.gif
LightPopcornSlow1_5x.gif
LightPopcornSlow2x.gif

I would like the option AAA option too.
No worries, the Torpedo will come with a battery tube to take AAA(10440) standard :D
GL

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D Just don't take the torpedo or the HF out when your proctologist says "just a minute, my light just died" or he might lose it where it doesn't feel good. On the bright side, the sun WILL shine. The Core Ti is better suited for that... can't fit a square inside a circle (I think I should switch to light popcorn)

You'll get there, Guy. I know the feeling of trying to reach the end of the tunnel and those times are not about fun, but they don't have to be painful, for pain is only a perception.

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end"

The beautiful part is you're sharing the journey with us, not just the destination.
Hi Cataract,

These days, pain is just an illusion :D
Focus, focus, focus....

Holding off on any new announcements until the HF's are a little settled and then its back into HIGH gear ;)

Cigma, you really cracked me up with that one!

And nice quotes there Cataract, so true. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. The Torpedo will be terrific dessert to the HF and CoreTi :)
Thanks DBC,
desert for the dessert :D

Will there be an option to only have the AAA body in the package? If someone doesn't have 10250lion and don't plans to buy those?
Are you only planing on a XM-L version or is a Nichia219 conceivable?

I know to ask for an ETA is quite impossible, but can you give a rough percentage how much of the development is done, with 100% being able to sell the lights?

Thanks in advance.
Hi nutcracker,

The 10250 (adjustable) body is the default, but I can remove it from your package if you like :)
Nichia219 is very, very conceivable and should fit in nicely thanks to the regulated current/voltage.

The only gating item right now is completion of a circuit that works to spec.
Beyond that, the only other thing I want to see improved is the clip which was not quite as firm as I'd like in the last prototype.
The circuit is >90% done.
The functionality is all there now, and its just tweaking the power output and sensitivity of the sensors to respond to the selector ring.
Everything else is complete and on standby.

I agree. I only plan on using aaa or 10440.
Hi gunga,
Thanks for the post.
The torpedo is quite slick even at the 10440 size but I do like the very small size too :)

Some Lighter Popcorn . . .
Inspired by Cataract. Some gourmet light, eats a little slower too.

LightPopcornSlow.gif
LightPopcornSlow1_5x.gif
LightPopcornSlow2x.gif

I would like the option AAA option too.
No worries, the Torpedo will come with a battery tube to take AAA(10440) standard :D
GL
Thanks GL ;)

Wow. I didn't realize that I needed amothed light until I found this thread
ironhorse,
Welcome to the club :D
As climberkid mentioned, its starts with just one more (LOL)

Yes, welcome to the addiction.
Thanks Alex,
took the words right outta my mouth :D

tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx for the reply, I see a new Christmas light coming :D

Hi nutcracker,

You are most welcome of course :)
I'm hesitant to make any guess on timing until the circuit is fully working,
but once it is, then it should be doable within about 60 days.

There is nothing I'd like more than Torpedo's ready for Xmas :twothumbs

tgwnn

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi nutcracker,

You are most welcome of course :)
I'm hesitant to make any guess on timing until the circuit is fully working,
but once it is, then it should be doable within about 60 days.

There is nothing I'd like more than Torpedo's ready for Xmas :twothumbs

tgwnn
~85 Days to go.
It's still doable :thumbsup:
Positive thoughts to those helping you get this done :)
GL

waywardgeek

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like there's some great innovation going on here! I want my AAA light to adjust when turning the head, without this rotating back and forth hack. Running off either standard 1.2V AAA or 3.7V 10440s is a no-brainer good thing. One issue though that concerns me... I want a SS light, because I want it to be small and beautiful. Am I correct in thinking the SS version is identical in size to the aluminum version? Wont that make it a pocket crusher?

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is always "only one more"... :D
Hi GIR,

very well said :D

~85 Days to go.
It's still doable :thumbsup:
Positive thoughts to those helping you get this done :)
GL
Thanks GL,
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
:twothumbs

That is if they try to get it right of course ;)
Of course they will :D

wait.. are those the cases that come with the torpedo? if so can i have some info on them or be directed where to find info on them?

Hi mr.lumen,

Nice hunting and yes, those are the cases.
Some info in one of the old subscriber updates but not sure if the subscribe archive to that is available as I merged lists sometime ago.
If you send me a mail I can try and track it down, then forward it to you.
In the meantime, maybe these can help spark your imagination a little.

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Sounds like there's some great innovation going on here! I want my AAA light to adjust when turning the head, without this rotating back and forth hack. Running off either standard 1.2V AAA or 3.7V 10440s is a no-brainer good thing. One issue though that concerns me... I want a SS light, because I want it to be small and beautiful. Am I correct in thinking the SS version is identical in size to the aluminum version? Wont that make it a pocket crusher?
Hi waywardgeek,

Thanks for posting.
SS version, all versions, same size.
The silver looking one is raw aluminum.
SS would be heavy but not overly.
Rather nice I would think.

I really wish the torpedo's would be ready very soon!!!

tgwnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts