500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
A swivel clip accessory; not enough of those out there...
Hi Cataract,
I found the smallest and best were those supplied from McCarr Master. They are Brass Nichel plated Miniature Swivels. I have very good successs with the 12lb and 15lb versions :). It's a great idea that I feel Guy should explore or offer as an accessory in the future ;).
GL

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
A swivel clip accessory; not enough of those out there...

Hi Cataract,
I found the smallest and best were those supplied from McCarr Master. They are Brass Nichel plated Miniature Swivels. I have very good successs with the 12lb and 15lb versions :). It's a great idea that I feel Guy should explore or offer as an accessory in the future ;).
GL

I do have a swivel clip in planning for something else I'm working on....
will see if it works out though.

Tgwnn

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, in keeping with the conversation at the time perhaps Cataract was asking for a clip to attach the light ie: hat brim, belt, shirt pocket that itself would allow a swivel to place the beam in the desired location?? Whether or not that's what he was asking, such a thing might be a nice accessory indeed!

Dale

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, in keeping with the conversation at the time perhaps Cataract was asking for a clip to attach the light ie: hat brim, belt, shirt pocket that itself would allow a swivel to place the beam in the desired location?? Whether or not that's what he was asking, such a thing might be a nice accessory indeed!

Dale

Yup, you got it right. It would possibly work for the HF as well.

Photon Freedoms come with one. Very practical, but works better on hats and backpack straps than shirts that tend to give into the weight. They also have magnets underneath. If the light was strapped with velcro, it could accomodate a variety of light sizes. The flashlight pal is made for bigger lights only, which might be too heavy for many applications.

Can't find the one you're talking about on McMaster Carr, though

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't find the one you're talking about on McMaster Carr, though
Hi Cataract,
No they were not the adjustable ones, simply a swivel for the McGizmo clips attached to a light, Sorry.
To find them type in minature swivels in the search box at the top of thier page.
Here's the link.
GL

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see now. That is nice, and I might try to find a way to incorporate that into my super secret HF accessory, but not what I had in mind.

Here is the photonlight version of what I mean:
http://www.photonlight.com/led-flashlights/photon-freedom-micro-led-keychain-flashlight/

SoRry if it does not create an actual link. I'm still learning the bulkberry's possibilities while drinking at a bar (this time doing work for one of the big manufacturers of defense airplane parts. Crap! I sound like one of both nations most important person! Maybe I shouldn't mention drinking! Not good for Mr. everybody's confidence! I'm definitely not as important as my clients, but I guess I'm rising in the shadows. Kinda emphasizes my flashaholism. O.K. I'm drunk :drunk:)

P.s. : rest assured that if I (and many other people in the same field that I know) can afford to drink 6-8 beers the night before doing what we do is because we are professionals. Do not try this at home. We could do this in our sleep, but it's much more fun to do it on a hang-over and drink afterwards. Doing this at home could get you on the dog bed. There are no dog beds in two double bed hotel rooms when you're on your own.

PPS: we are also heavily trained drinkers, but more importantly (seriously, much more importantly - just in case my boss knows my nickname) if our job wasn't done right -trust me, our clients evaluate our work closely- we'd be doing something else, like fixing draft beer systems or something. Seriously, cheaply stolen beer is the best alternative to a decent salary.

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Cataract, shh, see that guy over there? The one that looks like he's not really there to drink? No, the other guy. He's been watching you! Shhh!

Dale

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Cataract, shh, see that guy over there? The one that looks like he's not really there to drink? No, the other guy. He's been watching you! Shhh!

Dale

Thanks for the warning. HF to the rescue! Now only the barmaid can drive home.

Last edited:

taratata

Newly Enlightened
Got Lumens? could you please tell which bins are these for the XMLs on your photo ??

Status
Not open for further replies.