Must run but we are now ready for X.

Thank you for all the support :bow:

Tgwnn

And so how long is that one?
Just wondering if it will look natural in my pocket! :D

Alan.. Sent with Tapatalk 2

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news! I have been looking forward to this.
Thanks JetskiMark :thumbsup:

And so how long is that one?
Just wondering if it will look natural in my pocket! :D

Hi Windy,

The photo is with the 10440 body and length is (from memory) 84mm

Hey, that looks familiar!

Nah, too thin even if it was long enough. I say stuff your pocket with a banana instead

:crackup: Me baaaaad!
Nice one Cataract
:crackup:

Yeah! Where can I order it?
Hi tino,

Please hold them horses,

ETA is about 60days for the X's to land.
Though it might just co-incide with an overseas trip in the works so perhaps when I get back from that.

The very good news though, is that I have given the go ahead to the workshop and now just confirming some of the fine print.

Tgwnn

sassaquin

Enlightened
ETA is about 60days for the X's to land.
Though it might just co-incide with an overseas trip in the works so perhaps when I get back from that.

The very good news though, is that I have given the go ahead to the workshop and now just confirming some of the fine print.

Tgwnn

Hi Tgwnn -
Congratulation on the commencement of the Torpedo X run. It must give you so much joy (and relief) to finally make this announcement.

It is hard to believe that the Torpedo journey began in August 2011 when you first let us in on your dream of a 500 lumen AAA light. Having been a subscriber of this thread since the beginning, I have really enjoyed watching this little light develop and evolve into something really special and can hardly wait to order one of my own.

Even though this is still an experimental version that might have a few hiccups that need resolving, you should be very proud in bringing the Torpedo one giant step closer to the first production run.
Bravo Tgwnn. :thumbsup:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wooohooo! I told you good things happen while I fly. Congrats, Guy.

My only question is, that overseas trip isn't to our side of the world is it? I hope it is!
I'm heading your way-ish in a couple days for a short TDY. Kadena is one of our destinations. (Along with Guam and Hawaii)

Esko

Enlightened
M y . P r e c i o u s . . . :drool:

Nice work, Guy. :thumbsup: The light looks just like expected and it is good to hear that it functions well, too. Conga rats!

(click the pic for music)

Unfortunately, due to financial and some other reasons, I think I will "have to" skip the X run (some 50 applications this year, still no regular/full time income; luckily my expenses have never been big either and I like to keep it that way). Still following the threads regularly, even though I haven't posted much. I am anxiously waiting for the regular bare metal runs and of course, the mysterious new flashlights too. :thumbsup:

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a few drop tests today (unplanned).
3 drops onto a wooden floor from a height of 70cm.

The Torpedo survived well.
The floor now has a ding (the wrath of the Torpedo tail).

I'm greatly overstretched for time this week but a video of the latest Torp will come in the next few days.

Hi Tgwnn -
Congratulation on the commencement of the Torpedo X run. It must give you so much joy (and relief) to finally make this announcement.

It is hard to believe that the Torpedo journey began in August 2011 when you first let us in on your dream of a 500 lumen AAA light. Having been a subscriber of this thread since the beginning, I have really enjoyed watching this little light develop and evolve into something really special and can hardly wait to order one of my own.

Even though this is still an experimental version that might have a few hiccups that need resolving, you should be very proud in bringing the Torpedo one giant step closer to the first production run.
Bravo Tgwnn. :thumbsup:

Hi sassaquin,

Thanks for the very kind post. :mecry:
Finally, we are at the first version or at the very least now have a real timeline towards it.

The mode changing is not 100% as I'd like yet but for the most part, that is the only thing.
Its now very stable and smooth just requires an extra half turn when lowering modes (I'll explain with a video when I catch my breath).
I am very very excited though to finally transform this into a real product!
Of course, I've been evolving all my other products too based on feedback and the Torpedo will be no different in that respect.

My only question is, that overseas trip isn't to our side of the world is it? I hope it is!
I'm heading your way-ish in a couple days for a short TDY. Kadena is one of our destinations. (Along with Guam and Hawaii)
Thanks Alex :D
wow, Kadena!
If you can fly to one of the bases closer to Tokyo, I can most definitely meet you.
My August plan is of the resort kind (family summer holiday) and things being as they are, the Torpedo's will likely be ready whilst I'm away but planning to be back by the 2nd week.

M y . P r e c i o u s . . . :drool:

Nice work, Guy. :thumbsup: The light looks just like expected and it is good to hear that it functions well, too. Conga rats!

(click the pic for music)

Unfortunately, due to financial and some other reasons, I think I will "have to" skip the X run (some 50 applications this year, still no regular/full time income; luckily my expenses have never been big either and I like to keep it that way). Still following the threads regularly, even though I haven't posted much. I am anxiously waiting for the regular bare metal runs and of course, the mysterious new flashlights too. :thumbsup:

Thanks Esko :thumbsup:

50 Apps! and I thought I was busy :sweat:
Wish you good fortune and thanks for following.

That's about 3.3 inches.. What about the short stubby version for us older guys?

Hi Windy,

The shorter version is about 67mm (just over 2.5inches).

Tgwnn

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a few drop tests today (unplanned).
3 drops onto a wooden floor from a height of 70cm.

The Torpedo survived well.

I'm greatly overstretched for time this week but a video of the latest Torp will come in the next few days.

Hi sassaquin,

Thanks for the very kind post. :mecry:
Finally, we are at the first version or at the very least now have a real timeline towards it.

The mode changing is not 100% as I'd like yet but for the most part, that is the only thing.
Its now very stable and smooth just requires an extra half turn when lowering modes (I'll explain with a video when I catch my breath).
I am very very excited though to finally transform this into a real product!
Of course, I've been evolving all my other products too based on feedback and the Torpedo will be no different in that respect.

Thanks Alex :D
wow, Kadena!
If you can fly to one of the bases closer to Tokyo, I can most definitely meet you.
My August plan is of the resort kind (family summer holiday) and things being as they are, the Torpedo's will likely be ready whilst I'm away but planning to be back by the 2nd week.

Thanks Esko :thumbsup:

50 Apps! and I thought I was busy :sweat:
Wish you good fortune and thanks for following.

Hi Windy,

The shorter version is about 67mm (just over 2.5inches).

Tgwnn

I've found the larger reflectors tend to do a better job, all else being equal.

I've searched this exhaustive thread but not sure I'm reading different revisions etc.

Would you mind posting the specs of both as far as expected lumen output, Kevin etc?

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want X! That photo is absolutely gorgeous... *drool*

Hi sticktodrum,

Thank you :D

I've found the larger reflectors tend to do a better job, all else being equal.

I've searched this exhaustive thread but not sure I'm reading different revisions etc.

Would you mind posting the specs of both as far as expected lumen output, Kevin etc?

Hi Windy,

The Torpedo diameter is 14mm, reflector about 12mm.
It comes with both bodies short and long and the output will be the same with both as its a constant current driver.
In the X, the current draw is fairly high and so the 10250's can sustain high for a shorter period of time than a 10440 but I still need to test the exact numbers on that.

Tgwnn

BVH

Flashaholic

Speaking of rough edged tails, My 4 7's Mini123 has cut many a hole in many left pockets of Levi's brand jeans. Starts out as a small white spot in a couple months or so then becomes a hole in 4-5 months. It's the small lanyard extension that does it. Guy, do you think the Torp will put holes in my jeans?

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of rough edged tails, My 4 7's Mini123 has cut many a hole in many left pockets of Levi's brand jeans. Starts out as a small white spot in a month or so then becomes a hole in 2-3 months. It's the small lanyard extension that does it. Guy, do you think the Torp will put holes in my jeans?

Hi BVH,

Holes in your jeans...?

Most definitely :D

Tgwnn

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe it will be 2 years in a couple of months. Following the torpedo development sure has made time fly by. Congrats, Guy!

[...]

So, what are you doing on the ground? get back up there!

Speaking of rough edged tails, My 4 7's Mini123 has cut many a hole in many left pockets of Levi's brand jeans. Starts out as a small white spot in a couple months or so then becomes a hole in 4-5 months. It's the small lanyard extension that does it. Guy, do you think the Torp will put holes in my jeans?

It'll drill a hole in your pockets and burn one in your wallet (after buying 100, of course ;) ).
For some reason, I always had problems with my keys making holes in my jeans in a similar time frame. I switched to cargos for more legroom and flashlight space and they're holding fine. I'm not saying you should do the switch, I just had to say I had the same problem.

BVH

Flashaholic
For some reason, I always had problems with my keys making holes in my jeans in a similar time frame. I switched to cargos for more legroom and flashlight space and they're holding fine. I'm not saying you should do the switch, I just had to say I had the same problem.

Thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.