500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

th8tredude

Enlightened
After spending some time with it, I can't wait for everybody else to get theirs! I'm feeling guilty! It is just an amazing thing to hold in your hands! I don't believe anyone will be disappointed!
Th8tredude
P.S. I guess there's a new branch in the tunnel 'cause THERE'S A UNICORN IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!!!;) :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
[...]
Torpedo's inbound, multiple directions ;)
[...]
Tgwnn

Would have been nice to have live satellite tracking with GPS... might have loked like Tokyo is starting a global war :D

Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow Tribe members, I'm happy to say that my Torpedo landed today! What a beautiful piece of workmanship! I took photo's of the whole opening process and will post them for all to enjoy in a little while. Congratulations Guy, you have done it! All the details are flawless! Guy has included a few extras that just make the package a whole lot of fun. Hat's off to you Guy. The rest of the flashlight industry has nothing on you. I am honored to be lucky enough to be the first to get one! I'm thinking I better go buy a lottery ticket!

Pic's to come soon!

Th8tredude

Congtatulation on being the first to receive the item of a 2.5 year legend! I don't want spoilers, so I won't look at those pics before I get mine and I barely made batch #4. This will be hard! Nope... I failed within a minute :ohgeez: Gotta love that tag, though :twothumbs:

I can't eat my popcorn fast enough!

Gmmff mummum bobgorn goo?

After spending some time with it, I can't wait for everybody else to get theirs! I'm feeling guilty! It is just an amazing thing to hold in your hands! I don't believe anyone will be disappointed!
Th8tredude
P.S. I guess there's a new branch in the tunnel 'cause THERE'S A UNICORN IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!!!;) :)

Don't feed the Unicorn until everyone gets theirs!!! (and please tell him to wipe his feet)

Guy, I can feel your relief! The very first (pre-)MBI project is now getting in the hands of the followers! You deserve the biggest congratulations of all.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Th8tredude,

Thanks for sharing the awesome unpackaging of the Torpedo-X. Congatulations to all the tribe members who have and will be receiving their Torpedo-X lights.

A truly epic light... Congatulations, Guy!

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing, looks awesome!
+1

This is purely awesomeness!

First impression: This is an awesome little light. It seems just as bright as my HF's on high. The UI does exhibit the funkiness Guy warned us about, but is very easy to figure out. When I first put in a nuke to turn it on for the first time, It didn't turn on...uh oh. I then decided to put on the long tube and try with an e-fest 10440. Worked perfectly (phew)! Replaced the short tube to try again...nothing. Then I extended the tube to try the e-fest. It worked, but was just a bit flickery. Looking into the tube, It appeared to have annodization on the sides towards the bottom (but not on the bottom), so I decided the spring wasn't making good contact with the un-annodized part of the tube. I pulled it out and bent the bottom end of the spring in and down so it would, and it works perfectly now!
Before I took the spring out, I e-mailed Guy to let him know it had come, and my problem, and he responded while I was working on it. In the bottom of the cardboard tube the torpedo came in, Guy had put a small zip-lock back with a tiny magnet to put on the + of the nuke to extend it. Apparently, the workshop had shortened the + contact for reverse polarity protection as the current circuit don't protect for that, and the button-top on a nuke doesn't stick out very far, if at all. Problem solved!
This is a truly awesome light! I think everyone will be extremely happy when they receive them!

Thank you again, Guy, for making such cool stuff!

Th8tredude

P.S. Now I just need one in Ti and one in Cu!!!;)
Thanks very much for posting and sharing th8tredude :twothumbs

+1

Th8tredude
hehe,
let me know if the:
1x intense feeling of pleasure
on the spec sheet works as expected.

Soon ;)

Excuse the armature question lol.

These are the x run, right?
/QUOTE]
Hi NM08SRT8,
Yes, these are the X's from the X run

Would have been nice to have live satellite tracking with GPS... might have loked like Tokyo is starting a global war :D

Congtatulation on being the first to receive the item of a 2.5 year legend! I don't want spoilers, so I won't look at those pics before I get mine and I barely made batch #4. This will be hard! Nope... I failed within a minute :ohgeez: Gotta love that tag, though :twothumbs:

Gmmff mummum bobgorn goo?

Don't feed the Unicorn until everyone gets theirs!!! (and please tell him to wipe his feet)

Guy, I can feel your relief! The very first (pre-)MBI project is now getting in the hands of the followers! You deserve the biggest congratulations of all.
Hi Cataract,
I was debating with myself (as I often do) about whether to ask people to hold off on some details for another week or two but figured it would be good therapy for those waiting to just see it all :)

Gotta hand it to Alex (climberkid) though as he amazingly picked the "Detach before launch" thing from the subscriber update camouflaged photo a couple of months ago.

Hi Th8tredude,

Thanks for sharing the awesome unpackaging of the Torpedo-X. Congatulations to all the tribe members who have and will be receiving their Torpedo-X lights.

A truly epic light... Congatulations, Guy!
Thanks jonwkng and actually to everbody for helping to make this happen.
You all deserve a huge congratuations for baring with me on such a long long long adventure.

Expecting to be able to send out all other Torpedo X's about the end of this month.

btw, the recommended song for unpacking is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI

I was hoping to make a video and use it for the BGM but getting the approvals etc. was going to take a little more time than I had to spare.
In case you don't have speakers/headphones, the main point of the song is....
"its not about the money, I just wanna make the world dance"

Tgwnn

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
And Dance We Shall! Kudos! Great big sigh of relief and one helluva party! :)

Nicely done, we all knew you'd do it! :twothumbs

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance of a pic next to an HF and UTT?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
And Dance We Shall! Kudos! Great big sigh of relief and one helluva party! :)

Nicely done, we all knew you'd do it! :twothumbs

Thanks Dale,
for all the support and encouragement along the way :bow:

Any chance of a pic next to an HF and UTT?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Hi Tixx,
Of course, there's always a chance :)
nearly sunrise again but will get one up by tomorrow.

im ready to order..
Thanks neutralwhite,
Appreciate the enthusiasm and vote of confidence :D
Please hold your horses, unicorns and chequebook whilst we get the production version ready.

Tgwnn

th8tredude

Enlightened
Here's the requested pic!
smugshot_1945851-M.jpg

The more I hold it, the more I like it. Guy, you definitely get significantly more than "1x Intense feeling of lasting pleasure". You get that every time you lay your eye's on it!!!
-Th8tredude

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the requested pic!
smugshot_1945851-M.jpg

The more I hold it, the more I like it. Guy, you definitely get significantly more than "1x Intense feeling of lasting pleasure". You get that every time you lay your eye's on it!!!
-Th8tredude

Nice shot! Can somebody post a couple of outdoor beamshots. And a whitewall shot too? :popcorn:

th8tredude

Enlightened
I'll try and get some tonight.
As far as white wall, I can maybe do a yellow wall...until I go back to work after the holidays, then I can do one on a movie screen. But, for what it's worth, I think it will be virtually identical to an HF-R UTT if you have one. Same tint, and the reflectors appear virtually identical. I think the difference is XM-L T6 vs. XM-L2 T6.
Th8tredude

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care what anybody says, that little black and red light is sexy! :)

Agreed 100%. Guy will have a hard time surpassing that look to come out with the "Bombshell". (For some reason, militaristic names keep popping up.)

th8tredude

Enlightened
Hey again,
So, I was only able to get a couple pictures tonight, and only with my iPhone. But something is better than nothing?!?

First, a control:

i-8vRmXq7-M.jpg

Next, a shot with my HF-R UTT XM-L T6, Fresh Nuke, on high, shot taken about 15 seconds in:

i-VWWj2P9-M.jpg

Finally, the MBI Torpedo X XM-L2 T6, also on a fresh nuke, on high/turbo, also about 15 seconds in:

i-Nm4XvZf-M.jpg

The shed and tree are approximately 75' from the point the camera and the flashlights are at. They both have a nearly identical, nice, neutral tint. These tiny lights continually blow my mind. If I get a chances, I'll try and get a shot on high with an alkaline tomorrow night.

For all who are awaiting this light, you will not regret your purchase.You are in for more of a treat than you can imagine. Until it is in your hand, you can't possibly imagine the fine details on this light. Look at it with a loupe or at least a magnifying glass, as that is the only way I can even see the fine details.

Guy, I really can't praise you enough. Your dedication to not getting it done, but getting it done right, what ever it takes, is simply second to none.

You have a supporter for life in me. Please, keep it coming!!!

Thank you again for the opportunity to be part of such a great project, with such a great community! Thank you Guy and thank you Tribe!

Th8tredude

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.