6 XML flood light with active cooling

netprince

Enlightened
Thanks! The heatsink is big and heavy, I didn't weigh it though, it was just a left over part I had laying around.

Yup, they are boom reflectors, these are smooth spot ones. I have another flood light with wide angle ones so I figured I would try the smooth spot on this build. They make a good beam pattern with the XML in my opinion.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! The heatsink is big and heavy, I didn't weigh it though, it was just a left over part I had laying around.

Yup, they are boom reflectors, these are smooth spot ones. I have another flood light with wide angle ones so I figured I would try the smooth spot on this build. They make a good beam pattern with the XML in my opinion.

What's the throw on those like? How far out do you reckon this flood light would reasonably light up?

netprince

Enlightened
I like the throw of the smooth spot with an XML. Its a relatively small reflector, and it is designed for a smooth, artifact free beam pattern, but it does still throw a nice soft spot. This light throws quite a ways, but honestly I haven't tested it for distance. Everything under 50 yards lights up like daylight.

gabtrac

Newly Enlightened
Netprince amazing!!!
I am a film-maker. I've been researching making my own LED lights for about three months (off and on).
I need 12V, big punch lights for shooting in remote locations. You seem to have the answer to my dreams.
I'm new to LED tech and therefore don't know as much as I wish. Wondering if you could help me out.
Thanks,
ak