7 colour handheld laser

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Outstanding build, design and innovation.

I would gladly pay over $500 for something similar.

I have more money than time and little desire to start yet another project.

If you ever build any for sale, please put me on your list.

Would it be possible to add a microphone and a circuit so it could create music based colors and patterns?

rog8811

Newly Enlightened
Would it be possible to add a microphone and a circuit so it could create music based colors and patterns?
I tried that on a previous build and it was a lot of electronics:-
modified light organ
stereo audio amp
mic and pre-amp
it all ended up too bulky for a handheld laser.

Regards rog8811

The Light!

Newly Enlightened
Noice! :thumbsup:
I think that if the circuit for the patterns were added, they would make the whole assembly rather bulky and it would have to go, as rog says, into a project box, and be a dedicated party light... Mind you, I reckon that's what you'd want anyhow, since perhaps then you could also make the whole assembly rotate around and around like those special effects lights! :party: :sssh:

EDIT: seems rog got in just before me, saying the same thing. :)

concept0

Enlightened
Thanks for the advice, sadly I do not think there is anything in there that is patent worthy, all I have done is join together existing hardware in a new way..... anyway it is too late now because it is already in the public domain.

Actually, the US patent system is partially based on the date of invention. 35 USC 102(a) says that unless the invention was publicly known or used in the US, or described in an enabling publication (enables someone to build without too much experimentation) in the US or another country before the date of INVENTION, then the applicant will be denied a patent.

Additionally, 35 USC 102(b) says that if the device was described in an enabling publication anywhere or if it was on sale more than 1 YEAR BEFORE the date of application, then the person will be denied a patent.

This effectively gives an inventor a 1 year window from the date of invention to file for a patent in the US. Once this application has been filed, then the inventor has to file within one year of the initial US application in other countries. Of course, it's a bit more complicated than all this, but my point is that you should have a year from the date of invention to file for a patent, even though you have described the construction process online.

rog8811

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the information, I am in the UK and I know the patent law is a bit different here.
I may have a stab at it and see what happens..... although it is not the first white handheld to be built, Mecheng3 on PL did it over a year ago, his was more complex and did not have a spiro though.

all7colours.jpg

Regards rog8811

Last edited:

VillageIdiot

Newly Enlightened
LPF is laserpointerforums.com! It's where I came from! You have them to blame for me being here. :p

smflorkey

Newly Enlightened
I am pleased you like it.
If you want to have a go at this the tutorial is here:-

http://rog8811.webs.com/
I just took a quick look at this page while finishing lunch. I'm looking forward to accumulating parts and playing with your ideas. Thanks for publishing them. :thumbsup:

However, all the links seem to be broken. They all go to www.rog8811.com instead of www.rog8811.webs.com. When I edit the address and try again, at least the first one works fine. (http://www.rog8811.webs.com/whitelaserpointer.htm) Once I got to this page, the links all worked as expected.

rog8811

Newly Enlightened

instinct

Newly Enlightened
LPF is laserpointerforums.com! It's where I came from! You have them to blame for me being here. :p

I'm on the forums right now.. Where is that group buy? Is it already closed? All the ones I have found seem to be closed.

Last edited:

rog8811

Newly Enlightened
Where is that group buy? Is it already closed? All the ones I have found seem to be closed.
It looks like they are all finished at the moment. Keep looking though as there are bound to be more very soon.
Having said that this thread in buy/sell/trade has them in stock.
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1228038791/0
Another here.
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1227165353

I have never purchased from either seller but I would add that I have never been let down in any purchase made on LPF, read the threads and make your decission.
Regards rog8811

Latest posts