keep-calm-and-shiver-in-anticipation.png

New Tactical Flashlight Announcement
in the
Next 48 Hours!

Teaser

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-23%20at%203.12.31%20PM_zpsf2xus2uu.png

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
1hr 10min @ 1K lumen. No real heat sinking. That thing must get hot enough to fry a egg on it. I guess they are counting on liquid cooling via the blood in your hand?

kj2

Flashaholic
1hr 10min @ 1K lumen. No real heat sinking. That thing must get hot enough to fry a egg on it. I guess they are counting on liquid cooling via the blood in your hand?
It will probably step-down after 3-5 minutes. Wish they mention that, like Olight does right now.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's like 2014, it's five minutes before first step down, then 30.

Nice looking, want to see beam shots with new led.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
That, kj2. Always a step ahead. (We can't announce new products until we are given the FENIX OFFICIAL GO-AHEAD. Kevin, did you get the official word from Fenix?) :oops:

Capolini

Banned
Is it just me?!!! What is so special about this? 40 more lumens/ 800 LESS cd's than the PD35 2014 Edition!

I will always LOVE my TK75[vn],,,,,,,,come on FENIX,,come out w/ something brand new instead of basically the same light that has a MINIMAL increase in lumens and actual DECREASE in LUX!!

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
That, kj2. Always a step ahead. (We can't announce new products until we are given the FENIX OFFICIAL GO-AHEAD. Kevin, did you get the official word from Fenix?) :oops:
Nope. Saw the release on their webpage, during lunch-break :twothumbs

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new PD35TAC has other features apart from the lumen increase. The features added were at the request of those in the tactical field, such as law enforcement. The Tactical Mode allows those individuals faster access to modes they need in a critical situation. In the Tactical Mode, there is no memory and the light's priority is getting to the Turbo and Strobe modes, those required most often by law enforcement. There is also a more seamless integration with the AR102 Pressure Switch. The light is moving into the tactical line with these additions: tactical bezel and improved side mode button for glove operation.

I hope this helps clarify the reasoning behind this new release. We surely hear what you are saying. There is a high demand for newer, more creative lighting products. Our design engineers welcome any requests or suggestions to have. Of course, we always have to be considerate of patents so sometimes that limits what we can do.

Thanks again for your input.

Is it just me?!!! What is so special about this? 40 more lumens/ 800 LESS cd's than the PD35 2014 Edition!

I will always LOVE my TK75[vn],,,,,,,,come on FENIX,,come out w/ something brand new instead of basically the same light that has a MINIMAL increase in lumens and actual DECREASE in LUX!!

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stainless button in my opinion will be harder to locate with or without gloves due to low friction when passing over it with your thumb.
This is not a complaint but simply an observation.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
The focus on the stainless button is durability. The design was also requested by users. You will notice the button is in a indented area to help with the location of the button. We definitely understand what you are saying though.

The stainless button in my opinion will be harder to locate with or without gloves due to low friction when passing over it with your thumb.
This is not a complaint but simply an observation.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The focus on the stainless button is durability. The design was also requested by users. You will notice the button is in a indented area to help with the location of the button. We definitely understand what you are saying though.
Thanks.
With that said,
It's still going in to my hands when I can get it.

gclyn

Newly Enlightened
Hmm...wish it had a moonlight/firefly mode. Nothing on this light that would replace my TN12 2014 or Nitecore P12

mc84

Newly Enlightened
From a regular joe / a guy who just like to shine bright things in the dark / caver / this light is kinda meh! It does have brighter modes vs the 2014 edition pd35 but with lower run times (even with the tac version run times based on the ARB-L2 3400mAh cell). Not sure on the tint but I don't mind the tint on my pd35. Nothing really crazy compare to old pd35. However for its intended use and target crowd, this light is it and I quote "the whole squad needs one asap". No single flashlight does it all perfectly and this is no exception. It does however suit the needs of field tac operators. Paired with a pressure switch this will be their go to rifle mount light. While they conduct their operations they are not worried about moonlight mode or mode spacing or if it can tailstand. Most carry a side light for all other purpose. They want super burn your retina bright or strobe asap! To be clear I'm not in any law enforcement or military field but have a few friends who are and to them this is "tacticool" and are looking forward to get this torch. It does have the feature they want, need and use and the bonus "civilian" mode is ok too. For me I will pass on this maybe the next PD35 will be a PD35F for flashaholic edition lol with all the mentioned feature posted here ie tailstand, moonlight mode, deep carry clips, and all that other jaz:D

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I'm not part of the target market for a tactical light, so it won't be surprising that I prefer my UC35. I even like having 15lm as the lowest mode, because I have no night vision to speak of, so an 8lm mode is already into very short range territory for me.

I do like the fact that Fenix are producing variants of the design, though, because it gives everyone a better chance of finding a variant that works for them.