A Nice Light for Wives/Girlfriends

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife doesn't like that I should have a hobby or that it should cost money (it's in part of her girlfriend/spouse/significant other contract, so it really is her job). So, I don't tell her what they cost and I never take her with me when I go shopping for lights.

She has appropriated a couple of lights and I have given her a few more (never as a gift for an occasion 'cause I'm not totally, completely, utterly stupid). Mostly 1 watter led's from PrincetonTec, Dorcy, etc.

But I could get a nice L2 or L4 for her, so that would be a good trade, right?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I tried to get my wife "into" good lights, she didn't care too much though - UNTIL - the day she needed (in her words) "...a decent flashlight", when searching for something under the bed!!

She still doesn't appreciate expensive ones - but really likes the purple AA/AAA Mags with the MJLEDs!! At least she does appreciate having light when one needs it (not a sickly yellow beam full of artifiacts!).

She knows if she needs a "Thor" or something that's more capable than her little Mags where to go though! Gotta say that it was a good feeling though when she came to me and said, "I need a decent flashlight"!! Made me feel all caveman like and that I could "provide" for the family unit..../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You know - safety, security from the wild beasts, food (well at least macaroni - you know you can really fix that a lot of different ways!)...

randman

Banned
Some time ago I gave my wife a E1E and she loved it. She began to appreciate a quality light, although I did not tell her at the time how much it really cost.

The E2D is my next choice. She may think it is too big for her purse though. Those teeth are dangerous and the lumens are blinding.

Cheers

luxlover

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Gotta say that it was a good feeling though when she came to me and said, "I need a decent flashlight"!! Made me feel all caveman like and that I could "provide" for the family unit....:D You know - safety, security from the wild beasts, food (well at least macaroni - you know you can really fix that a lot of different ways!)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't stop laughing at the above quoted part of your post. You must be quite an aficonado with macaroni. Are you willing to post any of your world famous recipes? I like macaroni dishes as much as the next guy!!!

pero

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dg said:
I think could be a girls best friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

37491i0.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

forgive my newbiness... but torch is this? poop it looks damn good