A Tribute to Nitecore D10

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the lux more pronounced with these two emitters compared to the stock XR-E.

Bill

It's not a huge difference but it is noticeable. The XM-L2 beam pattern is similar to the original emitter in regards to the beam profile it produces. In the pics I posted you can see a bit tighter and brighter hotspot coming from the HI emitter. Definitely worth the upgrade for the improved tint and slightly better throw.

The original emitter actually was what prompted me to switch them, instead of a nice cool white one of them had a terrible purple tint to it! I'll try to get a few pics of the Nichia 219b I have in another D10. I'm considering getting a few 219C to upgrade them with but haven't decided yet.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome mods on your D10s! Now I'd like to get a XP-L Hi in a D10 as well.

Yes it's a great upgrade! Nice neutral tint, noticeable throw improvement and probably a few extra lumens too. For those who like the beam profile of the Zebralights, the XM-L2 in the D10 provides an identical beam shape and profile. I compared my ZL with my modded D10 side by side and couldn't tell the difference except the ZL was obviously a little brighter.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
My D10 Camo with Nichia 219b emitter. Not quite perfectly centered but close enough for me. I plan to upgrade it to the 219c at some point soon anyway.
CSC_1381_zpslgdfplfn.jpg

Brangdon

Newly Enlightened
I'm today retiring my D10. I'm not sure which version it is, except that it's old and doesn't have a strobe. I've been carrying it every day for about 7 years, so it's a bit beat up, but its only actual fault is that it gets a bit noisy on the higher settings. I came on here to find out more about my new light (a floody Zebralight SC5 Fw), and was gladdened to find this thread still talking about the D10.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does NE1 know if the BG Convoy clip fits on the D11.2 flashlight, i mean the nuts?

The BG Neitcore clip is fugly and does not come with nuts. For the D11.2 one needs to have M2.0 nuts.

I have the FT clip on order and it is taking ages to reach me and it's yet unclear if that clip is really M2.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, sounds promising.

And gunga, can you reconfirm that M2 nut fits in that tail groove of D11.2 flashlight?

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does NE1 know if the BG Convoy clip fits on the D11.2 flashlight, i mean the nuts?

The BG Neitcore clip is fugly and does not come with nuts. For the D11.2 one needs to have M2.0 nuts.

I have the FT clip on order and it is taking ages to reach me and it's yet unclear if that clip is really M2.

I tried both of these clips on my D11.2 and was unsuccessful in getting them to work. The shorter clip from bang good will work on the Ex11.2 but not on D11.2 lights. Neither will the convoy clip, unfortunately. The only other option I have found is a snap on clip that works decently well but not that great.

LedTed

Enlightened
I have never had a d11 so cannot comment on the clips. I have used m2 nuts and bolts with a lot of lights but never a d11.

I believe the "Stainless Steel Clip Attachment Add-on" from FastTech will directly bolt on to a D11. Of course, you'll need a micro-bit set for the bolts. But one of the flats of each of the nuts will rest against the flashlight's body.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. Today i received the FT clip. The nuts fit easily in the tail groove (and i am sure that a flat M2.5 nut would not fit!), the M2.0 is just perfect for this application, thanks FT for the wise choice of parts!!

20160125_151811ugs2n.jpg

Here some detail shots, i really wanted to share the happy ending:

20160125_151633qhs9w.jpg

The following 2 pics show well the angle which the 2 screw lines form with each other:

20160125_152704dvsrc.jpg

20160125_151502bqs3z.jpg

The total length of the screws were 6.00mm, so i had to file them down to 5.75mm:

20160125_153556zeso7.jpg

20160125_154500cms5g.jpg

20160125_1543197ns8y.jpg

It is possible to tighten the screws with full force, only the 1 FT allen key is needed for the tightening. No need to be afraid that the screw male threads (or nut female threads) would strip:

20160125_152956cgs5i.jpg

Sorry for the redundancy in the pics but better safe than sorry :nana:

jimtesla

Newly Enlightened
And have Gunga modify yours

Here is his version The Gunga D10

Note the unique color, trit piston, afterflow green

Not sure what the LED was, Gunga?
xMq7d5c.jpg

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still think the Nitecore D10 was one of the best lights they ever made.. They had some quality control issues that were never really dealt with but the ones that worked as intended are tough to beat. Even today put a Nichia 219 in one and you get a great little light with an intuitive UI, compact and simple design and ~140 lumens.

benlg

Newly Enlightened
I loved my D10 but sadly it crapped out in under 6 months, with very light usage too. After that, I just avoided the Nitecore name because reliability is most important to me. They just do not seem to be on the level of Surefire or Fenix, or even other less known but more reliable brands.

Rawk

Newly Enlightened
It's nice to see that people still use this great little flashlight !
I'm still very happy with my D10 Tribute, from all cool white lights I own, it has the best tint.
Most of my other lights have higher output but can't match the tint quality.

I like the idea of using Nichia 219B with it...but cause of everyday usage, the body doesn't look flawless anymore...
Can you recommend any other light, similar to the D10, that can be modified with Nichia 219B and tritium ?

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gosh...thinking back to lights past I might miss the Nitecore D10 the most. Perfect size to output ratio. Great construction, nifty switch mechanism... what a light!