AA Battery chargers any recommendations?

af0h

Newly Enlightened
I've been very happy with the Powerex MH-C9000 Battery Charger/Analyzer/Tester. It does everything from Charging to Breaking-In new cells. The Discharge and Cycle features are nice to have as well. One charger does it all.

I don't recommend the fast chargers, as it's harder on the cells. Of course you can crank up the charge current on the C9000 if you really do want a fast charge.

Last edited:

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have LOTS AND LOTS of AA batteries, then there's always this:

TN160_FB_450-700x500.jpg

If you feel like you need a fast charger because you have more than four batteries at a time you have to charge, this would be a MUCH better idea than a fast charger.

Wrend

Enlightened
Yeah, don't get one of the 15 minute chargers.

I use Eneloops and also have a couple of the mentioned MH-C9000 chargers. I leave extra sets of cells charged up and ready to use, so I never have to wait for them to charge. Works great.

AFearlessBirdOfParadise

Newly Enlightened
What's your budget? People can recommend you the best one based on that. Otherwise you'll be recommended the C9000 or BC700 which are both well regarded and have a lot of added features.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
The BC-700 and MH-C9000 are the two best you can ever find/use. Subject to debate which one is better, so on and so forth.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
The BC-700 and MH-C9000 are the two best you can ever find/use. Subject to debate which one is better, so on and so forth.
Over many years , I have bought lots of chargers for AA and AAA batteries ... I have wasted lots of money by getting chargers "that would do" instead of getting a proper one initially ... As I got "better" chargers , I gave my cheaper ones to relatives and friends (along with my non-LSD batteries) ... If only I had bought one of the best ones , I would have saved a lot of money.

Eventually , I did go for a more xpensive charger and I am delighted with it ... I bought a C9000.

If I had bought a C9000 when they first came out , I would have had more cash to spend on other things ... Great shame.

If you can afford (or justify) a C9000 , I can highly recommend it even if you don't need to use all its facilities initially ... I bought mine from Amazon.

lwien

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, everyone who responded.
I think I will go for the BC 700. Amazon has it for less than $40.

Good choice. I have a BC700 as well and it has charged my Eneloops flawlessly for years. Highly recommended.

Groovy

Newly Enlightened
I just used this pic in another post. This is the BC 1000, comes with bag 4 AAA and 4 AA and 2 D & 2 C cell adapters. I got this last year on sale on amazon as a combo deal with 2 4pk of eneloops the first or second week of Dec. Great charger it ended up costing less than the BC 700. If your not in a hurry they may go on sale before Xmas again this year.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Groovy_GI/P1000458.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Billspider

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I changed my mind after going to utube and watching some of the reviews on chargers.
I ordered a Powerex MH-C9000 Battery Charger/Analyzer/Tester from Thomas Distributing.
They threw in 4 Maha Imedion AA 2400mAh Batteries.
Thanks again for all the help.

mccririck

Enlightened
Accupower IQ328

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

af0h

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Powerex MH-C9000 Battery Charger/Analyzer/Tester from Thomas Distributing.
They threw in 4 Maha Imedion AA 2400mAh Batteries.

A fine choice, Sir. Those batteries are pretty dang good too, at least they have been for me.

Verndog

Enlightened
mccririck,

Have you been using this charger? I read a bunch of reviews on this and they all seemed favorable. Even 2 guys that came from dead Maha 9000's had good things to say. And for $29.99 it seems like a great value. Other then a few limitation of independly charging and testing ect at the same time, I see no real reason to spend over double the $$.

Billspider

Newly Enlightened
The Maha C9000 came in the mail today with 4 Imedion batteries.
Plugged it in and started the new batteries on the break-in mode.
Results to follow in approx 40 hours.

Billspider

Newly Enlightened
I ran a break-in on 4 new Eneloop 2000 AA batteries from the 10 pack from Costco the final result on a Powerex Maha C9000 was

1 1993 mah 1.45 volt

2 2021 mah 1.45 volt

3 1991 mah 1.45 volt

4 2024 mah 1.45 volt

I'm happy with the results but a little surprised at the mah spread although within specs.