AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

turbodog

Flashaholic
Not that I have ever seen. I've got 2. One says USA and the other says MAG.

From the graphic and wording I figure that's a custom printing straight from mag or it has been reprinted afterwards by another shop.

Do the 'MAG' Flag Maglite's typically say, "America's Choice," on the reverse side? Off hand I can not remember what mine says, but I just bought the one shown below and so I thought I would share.

Sorry for the terrible pictures, I had to use the seller's as I have not yet received it.

FlagMaglite2.jpg

FlagMaglite.jpg

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a few Mini's this past weekend. The back of the package did not list the color so I will go to the experts here.
The first one. Is it purple or violet?
The second one. Fuscia, hot pink?

The third one looks like the one in turbodog's photo, post #1, bottom row, fourth from the left. What color is that?
My photo seems a bit darker than actual color.:oops:
Cats1008Small.jpg

turbodog

Flashaholic
I'm saying

purple, as there was no violet anyway

hot pink, if the photo's really darker than real life

dark blue maybe? I've seen more tint variance in blue/dark blue than the other colors.

I picked up a few Mini's this past weekend. The back of the package did not list the color so I will go to the experts here.
The first one. Is it purple or violet?
The second one. Fuscia, hot pink?

The third one looks like the one in turbodog's photo, post #1, bottom row, fourth from the left. What color is that?
My photo seems a bit darker than actual color.:oops:
Cats1008Small.jpg

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
dark blue maybe? I've seen more tint variance in blue/dark blue than the other colors.
It looks the same color as your photo. Bottom row, fourth from left.
BTW, I've seem some online for violet. TIA.

Update on the Violet/Purple.
I found 2 Mag numbers. M2A98L and M2A98H. Does anyone have some product code lists?

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
if they are from Wal*Mart

they had a blue that looked violet,
hot pink
blue shimmer

by the way - I seem to get the best color rendition by taking pictures with a gray background, and, something else in the picture. I have been putting some silk flowers towards the back. I have Kodak's easy share software, it's free. I sometimes have to use the enhance feature to get the picture to lighten up.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Will.
Now I know two of what I got. Your'e right on Wally World. That's where I bought the "Hot Pink" and "Blue Shimmer".

I'll try the grey background.:D

BTW, I see you have a separate Voilet and Purple.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is a blue - that looked violet, different shade than purple.

Robert15

Newly Enlightened
Hmm. My Blue Shimmer minimag doesn't look at all like the 3rd light in Sunspot's picture.

Sunspot's light looks kind of greenish on my screen. I would have guessed it's a darker shade of "Jade Green".

My Blue Shimmer doesn't have any green.

The package mine came in (several years ago) said "Blue Shimmer". Nowadays the Blue Shimmer packages in my local Wal-Marts contain Purple or Hot Pink lights.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robert15
My picture came out a bit dark. It really is a blue color. The package did not have a color listed on the back.

streetmaster

Enlightened
This is probably the wrong thread to post this in, but I couldn't find a D-cell Mag section. I apologize if I'm off topic. I was just wondering if any of you Mag collectors have one of these. It's a Mac Tools 2D Mag, I bought it back in '96 or so when I was a mechanic. I used it for performing safety inspections of vehicles. I'm just curios if it's rare, or just a really old Mag. :grin2:
Btw, the Mac Tools logo isn't painted on, it's etched.

2DMagLED015-1.jpg

2DMagLED005-1.jpg

2DMagLED001-1.jpg

Last edited:

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Went to target today found:

hot pink (newer hot-hot pink color- I've only seen this at Walmart)
blue/purple (only seen at Walmart in the past)

AND..........

GOLD ANODIZED! :wtf: Only one on the shelf and I bought it. WEIRD! Actually after inspection this gold is more yellow in color than the original gold anodized that I own. (The original is a real dull gold color/ontario bezel) As a color variation hunter this was a real find.

I'll have to check some other stores......let me know how your hunting goes!

Last edited:

KLC

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Great find on the gold anodized! I'll go check my local Target tomorrow and will report back. Thank you for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Went to target today found:

hot pink (newer hot-hot pink color- I've only seen this at Walmart)
blue/purple (only seen at Walmart in the past)

AND..........

GOLD ANODIZED! :wtf: Only one on the shelf and I bought it. WEIRD! Actually after inspection this gold is more yellow in color than the original gold anodized that I own. (The original is a real dull gold color/ontario bezel) As a color variation hunter this was a real find.

I'll have to check some other stores......let me know how your hunting goes!

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Every target I've been to in my area has the hot pink and blue/purple color. I haven't seen anymore gold anywhere......

I was sort of hoping when target brought in a "new" color it would actually be a new color! :huh:

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
No luck on the gold in my area. The purple/silver/pink rack was empty. Of course I looked in the other rack:mecry:
I'll look again this weekend.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Check out this collectable beauty!

finished-1.jpg

Details on this light:
This is a custom gold plated host as offered by fivemega modified and fitted with incredibly beautiful amboyna burl wood. The host itself was cut apart, rather than the wood creating a perfectly seamless look.

This light is insanely beautiful and the photo doesn't do it justice......a real gem to behold.

Happy hunting!

turbodog

Flashaholic
I know CPF and Marketplace are split up now, but perhaps the admins will let this slide since it's HIGHLY specific to this thread.

In any case, I have a real gold MM f/s. Light only, no box/etc.

Cash paypal, check, or MO.

$135 shipped in the US. Your choice USPS PM or UPS, both are insured.

First unconditional acceptance....

If I get no takers I *might* ship worldwide. I'm gonna wait a few days first.

GLOCK18

Enlightened
If its the original Mini Mag AA in 24k gold plate with brass body in Mint condition with no ding or dents I will take it.

Last edited: