AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag stopped making incan minimags and solitaires back in 2016 or something.

Wal Mart had bought millions from them under a contract with Maglite.

I think they still make them. They show on their web site as well as in the 2018 dealer catalog. They're on Amazon from a few different sellers too. Not nearly as much color variety as they used to have but it seems like all incan offerings are being slimmed down.

GasganoFJ60

Newly Enlightened
Either there are a lot more Mag collectors out there than I thought or $5 for a MiniMag, even an incan, is a hell of a good deal.
I stopped by 2 local WalMarts that I frequent pretty regularly and all the incans at both stores are gone. I had stopped into both less than a week ago(I always swing by the light isle) and both were stocked with the 10+ various colors that are always there and never seem to move. Today, all gone at both stores.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right, that's one of the reasons why they no longer carry the "Made in U.S.A." wording stamped on the barrel. I believe they have a 3rd party making all of their bulbs now that is outside the U.S. I don't think very many bulbs if any are made in the U.S. but I could be wrong.

I know Home Depot stopped carrying Incans too. They blew all of the bulbs out for $0.01 each about a year or 2 ago. I stocked way up!!! I don't think any big box retailers still carry incans but I do see them side by side with LEDs at small retailers. They are on Amazon and Z Battery also. As far as I know Mag is still producing them and they are available for order.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still making them or not, I picked up a couple this morning and two a couple weeks ago before the sale. I suspect the incans will eventually disappear as people continue to move over to LEDS especially if major retailers like Walmart stop carrying them.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
You wont find deals like that in Canada, that is for dang sure. Jungle sites cheapest price:

Solitaire Incan: $12
Minimag AAA: $12.71
Minimag AA: $13.25
Mag 2D: $23.29

You go to any of the bigbox stores and you can double or tripe the costs above.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a dude on a big auction site selling 2 incan Solitaires shipped for $5, brand new. He might ship to Canada.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
These lights are becoming rare no doubt.

Scored me something NEVER SEEN before! Anyone know they made a "holy grail" in 2aaa?! This is brass and heavy like the 2AA WOW! What a find! (if I do say so myself)

Happy Hunting!

MAG-Fan

Newly Enlightened
0129181818_resized.jpg
sry, cant get picture work.

Last edited:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
These lights are becoming rare no doubt.

Scored me something NEVER SEEN before! Anyone know they made a "holy grail" in 2aaa?! This is brass and heavy like the 2AA WOW! What a find! (if I do say so myself)

Happy Hunting!

A brass 2AAA Mini-Maglite? Are you sure it is brass and not just brass color? :thinking:

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Some of the gold plated were brass core. I had one for a few minutes and yeah... it was brass. Very weighty.
Later I ended up with a gold plated alluminum Brinkmann and the difference in weight was definitely less.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting and I would love to see a pic! I've not heard of a gold over brass 2AAA but I do have a couple of the 2AA gold over brass ones.

Mr. Fixer, I have an extra gold over brass mini mag now if you're interested.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice!! It looks like someone had that done custom. The AAAs always had laser etched bezels and yours is missing the laser etching most likely because someone gold plated over a standard light.