• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

AAA / 10440

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been considering getting Richard to drop the level of high, maybe to 80% or so. I haven't built one up yet, but I'm concerned about the heat with such a small form factor.
I don't think 80% would make much difference with the heat. I wish there was a mode with four settings including moonlight, 2%, 10%, 50%, maybe even 5 settings with those and a DD. I've put off getting this driver for my Preons because they don't have a decent 4 mode setting, and I think the 6 mode would be overkill on a 10440 light.

AndrwTNT

Newly Enlightened
#11 (far right) definitely has my vote. #10 second choice.

I agree with @archimedes about the aspheric lens.

A nice slot at the tail end would be great as he mentioned as well where you could add a split ring for keychain or enough to get some gutter cord through for a lanyard.

Also a Nichia... with a moonlight option would be amazing.. No memory (now I'm just being picky!)

Can't wait to see what you end up with. Let me know if you need a field tester.. ;)

Last edited:

okluma

Enlightened
See instagram for a photo of the AAA. Looks great.

Sorry guys! It's still a little rough, but we're getting there. I'm thinking titanium and copper for the first round of these.

27948143855_bf65411f43_c.jpg

Last edited:

okluma

Enlightened
Any driver / emitter info you want to share yet ... ? :D
This one is running the Mtn 11mm FET and a 219c on a Sinkpad. I'll definitely be turning down the high quite a bit, this one gets way too hot. I'm hoping to go with 219b 92 cri emitters for the larger runs.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man this looks great Jeff, looking forward to getting my hands on one.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one ti and one cu with 2 trits in the tail of each.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one ti and one cu with 2 trits in the tail of each.

yellow and ice blue in the ti
yellow and green in the cu.
then a Damascus with ice blue and green trits

When can I have these 3?

Last edited:

okluma

Enlightened
yellow and ice blue in the ti
yellow and green in the cu.
then a Damascus with ice blue and green trits

When can I have these 3?
Hah, I'm not sure about the trit slots yet. That would require a machine I don't have at the moment.

We're still a ways out on having these done, since I've got to balance it with production on the TinyDC. And there is only one of me. 😉