Acebeam L30 - some major issues??

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings to all, posting to see if I can get some input from any other group members on the L30 from Acebeam. I also do have an L16 which has been great. I did recently post on the L16 that it flickers and that it was the cigar ring which loosened up and made contact. After tightening, the problem went away.

The L30 which is the newer (for me) of the two is the version ii with the larger battery. It recently started to do a three flash sequence when on turbo. I read somewhere on the forums that this is a low voltage warning, however in my experience, the light remains on turbo.

Another issue I have is that the battery is too long and doesn't fit into the charger. (Which is a nitecore and says it will charge this battery type...) I have been using the usb to internally charge the battery, but I fear that somehow either the battery isn't getting the full charge, or there's a bigger issue.
Is there a battery charger that the L30 battery will fit into, or any thoughts on the matter?

Many thanks as always!
RC

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
IIRC, my Acebeam stays in turbo mode for a short period when doing the three flash blink, where it will then slowly throttle down to the lower modes as battery is depleted. I think yours is functioning properly.

Can't speak to the battery and charger too much, except that most 20700/21700 cells won't fit most chargers, and when you have a cell with a built in usb charging port, that really makes the cell too long.

SoCal5150

Newly Enlightened
Also have the L30, and use a XTAR ST2 charger. It has no problem fitting protected 21700 batteries, but only has two slots.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
I have the exact problem.

THE PROBLEM IS THE 21700 ACEBEAM BATTERY
I contacted acebeam and used the battery in various lights, it is not working properly anymore. Get a fenix protected or just totally unprotected button top 21700 instead.

P.S. I highly recommend against Acebeam 21700s. Their lack of perfection probably contributes to their total lack of multi-cell 21700 lights including the X70 and proverbial X100 or lack of a 100,000 lumen light. They need to get it together on their cells.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings and thank you all! The light is pretty new, and the battery indicates fully charged and still does this. If i flash on to turbo, it sometimes stays... still not trusty or dependable. @Bazar, I'll try the fenix batt to see what happens, based on your experiences, this is the problem. @socal, I'll check out the xstar charger. Too bad acebeam doesn't send us all batt replacements... thank you all!