• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam X45vn - ARK (25K Lumen)

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Acebeam X45vn - Flood Search Light (Pre-Order)

wait a second, i just noticed spec 3, shaved dome says xhp70 and not xhp70.2, is this a typo? If not, why cant you offer SD with the xhp70.2? im having second thoughts now if its spec 3 that i want.
if spec 3, really is xhp70, then can i just pay you now, so that i can reserve my spot for this batch, and just tell you which version i want when the specs come out?
but if spec 3 is using xhp70.2, then ill take spec 3.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Spec 3 is the old XHP70. It has a dome that can be shaved.
Specs 1 & 2 have the new XHP70.2 and cannot be shaved. It does not have a conventional dome, only a protective covering.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Spec 3 is the old XHP70. It has a dome that can be shaved.
Specs 1 & 2 have the new XHP70.2 and cannot be shaved. It does not have a conventional dome, only a protective covering.

+1

The XHP70.2 XHP50.2 XGP3 and XPL2 has domes that gives a nasty yellow tint shift when shaved.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah b8llzblue, what MAD says is correct, and what you need to decide is whether you want the extra lumens provided by the 70.2, or the extra throw provided by the shaved 70.0. I realize the temptation to go for the 70.2 is great because it's the new LED, but like I've said until I'm blue in the face :dedhorse: when you're outside with two lights of similar output, the one that reaches the furthest, like maybe your home (if you're standing back very far at all) and definitely objects like the trees at the end of my yard, will always be the more useful and more pleasing TO ME... and it therefore appears brighter, which in that area, it is. If a potential buyer knows that he or she will be confined to much smaller spaces when using a flood light, then by all means go for the most lumens. If that were the case for me I would be all over one of the MEGA FLOOD lights Vinh has showcased recently, but fortunately I have lots of open spaces available plus a sign in my yard that reads... no mules allowed!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Yeah b8llzblue, what MAD says is correct, and what you need to decide is whether you want the extra lumens provided by the 70.2, or the extra throw provided by the shaved 70.0. I realize the temptation to go for the 70.2 is great because it's the new LED, but like I've said until I'm blue in the face :dedhorse: when you're outside with two lights of similar output, the one that reaches the furthest, like maybe your home (if you're standing back very far at all) and definitely objects like the trees at the end of my yard, will always be the more useful and more pleasing TO ME... and it therefore appears brighter, which in that area, it is. If a potential buyer knows that he or she will be confined to much smaller spaces when using a flood light, then by all means go for the most lumens. If that were the case for me I would be all over one of the MEGA FLOOD lights Vinh has showcased recently, but fortunately I have lots of open spaces available plus a sign in my yard that reads... no mules allowed!

+1

MC408

Enlightened

But what about the xhp70.2 5000k tint vs xhp70 6500k? Hmmmm. Lol

btw- for what it's worth and if it has any correlation. The xhp50.2 beam on the tn32utvn and M25c2vn (the one I didn't fry) is awesome). Just tested in a dark warehouse so far, but as expected, it's an awesome blend of throw and flood. Huge bright hot spot. At 200k lux, they Might not reach as far as the big throwers but a fat useful hot spot that throws pretty well is something missing in my collection. Aside from the K60vn.

if the xhp70.2 is the big brother x 4, I'm tempted to do that! ..... and warmer tint is a new factor thanks to you wimmer!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also agree. I concluded this a while back ago when vinh first started doing his mtg2 p60 drop ins. I purchased both dome and dedome versions. And ever since, I always chose dedomed versions on all lights. And in other cases, I would go xpg2 over xml2. That extra throw and intense hot spot tricks the human eyes that it's just as bright, if not, brighter than the more lumen version.
But in this case, I think the lumen difference is gonna be quite dramatic. And the xhp70.2 might win me this time. I have a feeling it's gonna have like 4000 more lumens vs the shaved xhp70.

MC408

Enlightened

Has a class in between flooder and thrower been defined?

If not, I saw we start one find what lights are Flow-ers lol.

I typed flowers and it came out like the thing you give your wife when she finds out you spent $1000 on flashlights this month. Lol.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Blue you could be pretty close on your guesstimation of the gap in lumens. What we need is for someone reliable to get both spec 2 and spec 3 and then report the findings. I first thought of NL but then we'd have to sift through so many run-time graphs I don't know if it'd be worth it.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

But what about the xhp70.2 5000k tint vs xhp70 6500k? Hmmmm. Lol

btw- for what it's worth and if it has any correlation. The xhp50.2 beam on the tn32utvn and M25c2vn (the one I didn't fry) is awesome). Just tested in a dark warehouse so far, but as expected, it's an awesome blend of throw and flood. Huge bright hot spot. At 200k lux, they Might not reach as far as the big throwers but a fat useful hot spot that throws pretty well is something missing in my collection. Aside from the K60vn.

if the xhp70.2 is the big brother x 4, I'm tempted to do that! ..... and warmer tint is a new factor thanks to you wimmer!

So compare the beams of the K60vn with the TN32UTvn for us.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mike glad to hear you're enjoying the xhp50.2. Yes I remember back in '87 or '93 when I got my first 6XLvn from Wayne when he was still traveling with that wrestling caravan working as Koco's apprentice. They came through Kentucky on their way to Palookaville or maybe it was Evansville... I dunno don't matter... anyway Mike your oh so right about the oft overlooked gap between the big flooders and the high lumen throwers. When Wayne climbed off that purple and gold bus and handed me the "Six", I like to call it the Six because it sounds cool... anyway where was I? Oh yeah the "Six"... man I'm telling you it was like a miracle. I had never seen anything so perfect... It was just like naptime back in kindergarten when I always grabbed the spot right behind Cindy Parker. Twas the nearest thing to heaven I'll ever see.

MC408

Enlightened

So compare the beams of the K60vn with the TN32UTvn for us.

K60vn xhp70 shaved dome cool white
4600 lumens
242k lux

Tn32utvn50.2 xhp50.2 cool white
3900 lumens
200k lux

I'm thinking they will be pretty similar, no? Kinda excited to do a test.
Just in terms of flood / thrower combo.

I posted pics of the tn32 vs mm15vn in the lounge and you can see a much more defined hot spot than the flooder mm15.

MC408

Enlightened

Mike glad to hear you're enjoying the xhp50.2. Yes I remember back in '87 or '93 when I got my first 6XLvn from Wayne when he was still traveling with that wrestling caravan working as Koco's apprentice. They came through Kentucky on their way to Palookaville or maybe it was Evansville... I dunno don't matter... anyway Mike your oh so right about the oft overlooked gap between the big flooders and the high lumen throwers. When Wayne climbed off that purple and gold bus and handed me the "Six", I like to call it the Six because it sounds cool... anyway where was I? Oh yeah the "Six"... man I'm telling you it was like a miracle. I had never seen anything so perfect... It was just like naptime back in kindergarten when I always grabbed the spot right behind Cindy Parker. Twas the nearest thing to heaven I'll ever see.

Lmao! Always love a good wimmer story. Half fact half fiction half amazing!

Was it Koco-B-ware Vinh worked under, I thought he had a bird as a sidekick? Lol.

Thanks For supporting my theory, I know nothing still but I can at least fake it a little now!

MC408

Enlightened

So, is the xhp70.2 going to be similar throw to the xhp50.2 or will it be more output and less throw?

this may effect my decision on the x45. I like the xhp50.2 output and enough throw. But if the xhp70.2 is more flood, I'll probably go xhp70 SD.

>200k lux and 15k lumens im in!
<150k lux and 18k lumens in out!

i need some specs! Lol

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mike the 70.2 will have more output but with less throw than would a 50.2 under the same conditions. The shaved 70 won't even match the reach of the 50.2 unless it just had a lot more current behind it.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I have 3 more spot in batch 2. Thanks!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stock x45 cost $249. This vn came with driver vnx and custom led for $280. Five star!