• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam X45vn - ARK (25K Lumen)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second that. Sony vtc 5 , 5a , vtc 6 flat top works.. when u slowly bump to x45vn, u might encounter some lost connection to the light.. solder blop is recommended..

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sony VTC5A flat top in my X45vn.
That light must be pulling an unbelievable amount of amps. The VTC6 get too hot under very high load according to HKJ's tests.

Keitho

Enlightened
I really, really want to justify this light to myself. I'm hoping for some sane, level-headed feedback to let me know if this sounds plausible:As a cyclist, I know that a bike-specific Niterider "Pro 3600 Enduro" is rated at 3600 lumens, costs a (genuinely crazy) $549 MSRP, only lasts 90 minutes on "high", and weighs 839g. Granted, the X45VN with a burly handlebar mount will be a few oz heavier. But, I'm pretty sure that a lightly-driven X45VN at 30% power (at least 7000 lumens) will last longer, be WAY brighter, be more useful off the bike, can be "turned up to 11" if I need it, will guarantee that I find meaningful love and friendship, and make my enemies instantly perish from awe and envy. I can't afford to NOT buy this light!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^^^^
This is probably the easiest light to justify in the universe (since you can't buy the sun). I mean what could be the downside of 25,000 lumens? OK, you'll go blind if you look at it. Just don't look! LOL

Last edited:

gunmike1

Newly Enlightened
VTC5A flat tops fit snug and work great for me. So far the light has been flawless for me. We will see how it does for me when storms hit and I'm out all night looking for downed power lines. I could have used this light in January and February when I worked a couple 100 hour weeks looking for downed lines.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I really, really want to justify this light to myself. I'm hoping for some sane, level-headed feedback to let me know if this sounds plausible:As a cyclist, I know that a bike-specific Niterider "Pro 3600 Enduro" is rated at 3600 lumens, costs a (genuinely crazy) $549 MSRP, only lasts 90 minutes on "high", and weighs 839g. Granted, the X45VN with a burly handlebar mount will be a few oz heavier. But, I'm pretty sure that a lightly-driven X45VN at 30% power (at least 7000 lumens) will last longer, be WAY brighter, be more useful off the bike, can be "turned up to 11" if I need it, will guarantee that I find meaningful love and friendship, and make my enemies instantly perish from awe and envy. I can't afford to NOT buy this light!

Easy to justify: Nearly half the price, equal output at only 15%, Vinh will be there for repairs forever, driverVN progamability (key for me), have all of that extra power when you need it, you have a great light when you take it off your bike.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine will be at my door in 15 hours. Four purple Efest 35A 2500mAh imr unprotected button tops are charging, just for the occasion

It will be interesting to see what the tint profile looks like to me. I fully expect that tint will be all ok/fine with me.

I know that my eyes see tint differently from you eyes. How do I know? Because...

because.... Because one of my eyes sees tint differently from the other. This is true. I am not making this up.

-------------
I should see an ophthalmologist for a full eye examination. Because I want to... See More

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My XHP70.2 came in at noon today. Omg, this thing is super bright!

This is noticeably brighter than my Fenix TK75vnQ70 undiffused dome cw 16,700 lumens.

Tint is ok/fine. A wee bit yellow in center, a wee bit blue spill. I can barely notice it.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My XHP70.2 came in at noon today. Omg, this thing is super bright!

This is noticeably brighter than my Fenix TK75vnQ70 undiffused dome cw 16,700 lumens.

Tint is ok/fine. A wee bit yellow in center, a wee bit blue spill. I can barely notice it.

Congrats richbuff. Now save up money and order rc40vn 70.2. that light is impressive..

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Newlumen. The RC40vn 70.2 occupies a nice spot on the size/power/throw continuum, all to its self. To me, it is a more throwier X45. It is an item that would benefit from some less lumens and some more throw. I have thought about it at length, often, for the duration. It would be interesting to compare with the X65. It would not be fair to compare the RC40 70.2 with two X65s. But two RC40s, one in each hand would be an exciting prospect.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X45vn arrived today. This thing is insane! A clear jump up from the X7vn ( also a very impressive light) running on the first XHP70 version, although it's a bit bigger and more throwy. I threw some VTC6s in it for a sneaky look while I wait for VTC5As to arrive. When compared to a Niwalker MM25MB with a Vinh power boost, which I estimate to be around 9000 lumens, it really is a step up. It was the Niwalker that convinced me to sell my X7vn to help fund this X45vn. The performance was close enough to the eye that having both was unnecessary.

The CW tint is as described by others. The creamy side of pure white in the spot, and a purplish tint in the spill. It's not offensive at all, and the sheer output of this light offsets any concerns with tint shift. There's no reason not to purchase this light if the funds are available. [emoji4][emoji106]

EDness

Newly Enlightened
Even the stock version of the X45 out throws and puts out higher output than the X7vn. I'm actually trying to sell my X7vn...

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even the stock version of the X45 out throws and puts out higher output than the X7vn. I'm actually trying to sell my X7vn...

Have you thought of getting .2 LEDs swapped in instead? 21000 lumens from this light is well and truly on par with the X45vn because of the size difference. More flood, but at that output they both bulldoze their way to a bit of throw. [emoji4]

I may have considered a mod if not for the freight cost from Oz. I do like the form of the X7. Olight lights have such a quality feel.

Keitho

Enlightened
I asked Vinh the exact same question by email a few days ago--for a flood fan, which do you recommend, the Olight X7vn with 70.2's, or the Acebeam X45vn with a diffuser. His response: "Depends on how big you want to carry. If size does not matter then X45vn for sure....In this case bigger is brighter and more impressive....Acebeam diffuser is expensive but does come in handy if you like your light extra floody with no hot spot to spill transition....I recommend X45vn over X7vn as long as you can handle the extra size."

I haven't decided yet if the extra size, weight, and money are worth it to me for "brighter and more impressive." Better beam and purpose-built diffuser with 25k lumens vs smaller/cheaper 21k lumens, that's a real tough call for me.