Advice on buying new batts for FM1794, FM 11V axial, and H1499

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was easy back in the day. Ya' bought AW protected for these bulbs, and you were good to go. Simple.

After MANY years of excellent service, it's time to replace them all. I'm way behind on current (no pun intended) info, and very little time to catch up. Seems like a lot of choices out there, and I could definitely use some help choosing stuff that won't instaflash the bulbs. I'd prefer no protection due to parasitic drain, but hopefully with about the same length as my old AW's so I don't have to use spacers. If I have to use protected to get the same length, so be it.

Needed are 2 X 18650 for the FM1794's, 3 X 18500 for the Axials, and 2 X 14500 for the H1499's. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading!

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the 1794 I'd grab the old Panasonic ncrb 3400mah cell. Those have a pretty high internal resistance and drop voltage like crazy when under load and should work great for your application if you are worried about instaflash.
I haven't used the axial bulb that you mentioned but the Panasonic 2040 mah has worked very well for me with a two amp draw bulb.
I can't help for the 14500. I have a pair of trust fire protected cells that I bought almost 10 years ago that are still doing well. But I don't use that size battery often

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Vic. I'll definitely look into those items. If memory serves me correctly, I think the AW's were Panasonics as well. 2200 mAh on those 18650's.

More suggestions welcome by all... especially from someone who goes by the initials FM. ;)

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to find the Amp draw on these bulbs again, and measure the lengths of my old cells. That'll help narrow things down at least a bit.

Thanks for the heads up, FM. I'm actually using your bodies. FM 2 X 18650 C series, and your 3 X 18500 axial complete light.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm about to buy some cells, and am looking at 3A discharge INR 14500's for the Carley H1499's in a Minimag mod. I suspect they'll hold voltage better than protected ICR's, and wouldn't mind a little less orange from the bulb as I remember (it's been years).

But, will these still provide still too much power? Anyone with their experience at driving the Carley?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I have to find the Amp draw on these bulbs again, and measure the lengths of my old cells. That'll help narrow things down at least a bit.

Thanks for the heads up, FM. I'm actually using your bodies. FM 2 X 18650 C series, and your 3 X 18500 axial complete light.
Hi Bimmer, I think I have the current draw on my sig linked testing charts. I'm still paying Photobucket to host all these pix. LOL

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bimmer, I think I have the current draw on my sig linked testing charts. I'm still paying Photobucket to host all these pix. LOL
Hey, Lux! Good to see you.

I'll be damned... I forgot all about that. I even downloaded it years ago and still managed to forget!... lol. Thank you!

As for battery testing, I think you might be talking about Silverfox (?). Come to think of it, I haven't seen him around in a while.

Edit: Just saw your latest post. HKJ is still doing a fair amount of testing.