After Christmas sales on lights?

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Target Closeout on LED lights

Here are some pics of the 4 pc light set of which I modded the 2C. First off, the booster circuitry is kinda wierd. I was able to get 300mA by adding another choke in the circuit. I removed the stock LEDs and reflector (if that is what you call it), installed an aluminum slug attached to a CREE hi-out white. Installed a reflector from a prolight purchase, epoxied a coverslide over the reflector. Then when testing, I remembered why I DONT like the cree whites when using a reflector. A nice white center spot, surrounded by yellow sidespill, outlined with a blue ring. OH WELL, this one is for the hallway door anyways.

ENJOY
Jeff

im0047512da.jpg

im0047548cj.jpg

im0047554do.jpg

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm headed to Target in a couple hours... I'll see if they have any ducks for you, Wits' End.

wink2.gif

colubrid

Enlightened

what section are the ducks in? I would like to get some to.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

I stopped by one Target this evening and they had no ducks. I asked for them in the holiday area, general lighting, flashlights and toys and no one knew what I was talking about.

I'll try to stop by two more Targets over the weekend.

Any chance someone that bought the ducks might be able to post the Target item number from the box or packing?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I just saw those ducks on Leno's show tonight! They were used as part of a holiday gift gag and they didn't light them up. At least I got a good look at the packaging so I'm assuming that they're located in the children's-bathtub-toys area.

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened
Re: LED Ducks

Hi, For everyone looking for the ducks, They were located at the end of an isle thrown in by the small alarm clocks and electronic gadget/gifts (The neon signs, swirling plasma thingy, LED clock that lights up on the swinging lever...) Near the bath area and not by the toys! I've only seen them at the Sunnyvale, Calif. Target and nowhere else. I'll take a look for them next time I go back.

COLOR CHANGING DUCKS by Lite F/X model 4230-X

UPC 7 8843242301 6 Item 42301

Manufacturing phone # 800-592-4026

website www.mmeworld.com

upc1bt.jpg

Above is the Barcode. (Here is a website you can look them up and create them) http://www.upcdatabase.com

Print it out and take it to any price scanner at Target. It will tell you if any Ducks are in stock or in the database. I tried scanning the above barcode at another Target and it indicated the price, $4.98 for the item (none currently in the stockroom and its current isle location, L32) I went to that isle and saw the same alarm clocks/gadgets but no Ducks! Pretty cool helper if you know the barcode. This is how employees use the scanners to restock as well.

I suppose dishonest folks can also use the program to create their own barcode stickers which they can swap cheap with expensive items. I told my GF, I should print out the River Rock AAA and stick it on an expensive Inova.

Last edited:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast

GeoScouter said:
They were in two sections. Near the Christmas lights and trees on a end cap and also near the auto and flashlight section. They are in a red box and have a clearance sign on them 50 percent off. The smaller ones use AA and AAA batteries. No button cells.

All four lights use a clickie on the end of the flashlight to turn it on and off.

Here are some pictures of the 4 piece LED lights.

target1.jpg

target2.jpg

Steve

I bought those!!! We got 'em the day after Christmas for $20.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I saw one set of those at Target today. I almost bought them but I figured that the closeout price might encourage someone else to pick them up and get into LED flashlights as a result. They make a good starter set for someone new to the technology.

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened

Wit's End, Glad someone found the Ducks for you. I went back to the Sunnyvale Target and the 5 sets of Ducks I left there were gone.

I did pick up two 60 bulb Phillips Multi-Color LED sets for $2.99 each. 75% off! Looks like they were returns! For $2.99 I can't complain.

DaveG

Enlightened
Target has the red gift boxes on sale 50% off.Just got a 8 led headlamp for $5.also spotted in red boxes,spotlight/radio,mini-table lanterns3-pack,t.v./lantern combo.In my store the red boxes were in the auto and mens dept.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moderator note: Thanks for the link! I removed it as I merged the two threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Newuser01

Enlightened
:huh2::huh2::huh2: Are'nt these threads spans 2 years? 2005 and now it is 2006? Or Did I just missed something?

Anyways, Here is what I found, 5 Different flashlights (AA, 2AA, 2D, Clip light, etc. Cheap stuff for $5. Good for the kids.
It's in the red box. <Lights are black and silver trim. Ok but not great.>

This one is good.
Micro LED table lanterns, uses 4 AA batteries in a carrier, 4 LED's. Not great quality but pretty good. 3 of them for 10 clems. 1/2 off. Very bright.
Sorry about the blurry images.
img1186akl4.jpg
img1187alj8.jpg
img1188awc3.jpg

Have fun.
<EDIT> Also picked up a 3AA Minimage from HD. Price sticker seems to be regular price for 16 some odd clems. Not sure if they will be this price after the 1st. Very bright but Green - compare to SL PP LUX. It is also as bright as SL PP LUX to my eye. Body seems a bit long for me. But I think I'll keep it. Ser # 30000436087
<EDIT:2> Also 5 pack Husky 2 AAA lights are 7.50 now at HD. I passed. These seems to be the ones that you can remove the sleeve and use AA cels in them. If they were $5, I might have just to let the kids play with them. :rant:

Last edited:

Latest posts