Air travel barometric stress & SF

skypirate

Newly Enlightened
I can't imagine it being an issue. Flashlights get shipped from the retailers to our homes successfully.

Illum

Flashaholic
I can't imagine it being an issue. Flashlights get shipped from the retailers to our homes successfully.

I can't imagine commercial flashlight manufacturers shipped their products from one continent to another by air... that would be way too cost prohibitive. It would be way more cost effective to use a crate instead.

Empire

Banned
I can't imagine commercial flashlight manufacturers shipped their products from one continent to another by air... that would be way too cost prohibitive. It would be way more cost effective to use a crate instead.
They do ship some by air like say, Federal Express (FedEx) Air

Yamabushi

Enlightened
Consider this:

If a flashlight was sealed at sea level and then exposed to a perfect vacuum, the internal pressure would be 14.7 psi.

At 75°F, the pressure in a can of Coca Cola is approximately 55 psi gauge and the paper-thin aluminum walls handle that easily.

skypirate

Newly Enlightened

I wouldn't expect flashlight manufacturers to ship their products from one continent to another by air either. I was trying specify that domestic retailers will ship flashlights to our homes by air.

BTW, I've experienced the "freeze over" you mentioned in your previous post. Purchased an Apple computer in an Apple store back around 2006. When I opened it, there was a lot of condensation inside the box. Took it back and exchanged it for dry one. The store said Apple was shipping the computers to the stores by FexEx Air.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO your flashlight is capable of handling far greater pressure changes than the aircraft itself.

Norm

+1

A lot of my lights, if not most, got here by plane. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to take them on a plane after opening the cardboard box. I think the coke cans they serve would blow up long before flashlights would.