One Cell Extender for Surefire/Malkoff 6p/MD bodies (SF A19 replacement)

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a one cell (CR-123) extender available on AliExpress and Amazon for the Surefire 6P type bodies.

The original Surefire A19 extender is no longer available and I don't recall Malkoff ever producing one either.

I decided to bite the bullet and try one and I have been very pleased with it. The fit and finish match the original Surefire bodies perfectly and the extender is bored for 18mm batteries so I tried it on some of my Malkoff MD bodies and it also fitted them perfectly.

The anodised finish appears to be a Type 2 and matches the original finish of the early Surefire lights perfectly. It is a little bit more shinny that the Malkoff Type 3 anodised finish (see photo's below).

I ordered the Knurled version from AE and it arrived in Spain within 7 days, the extender was supplied with two 'O' rings, it is also available in a non-knurled version. It cost me less than $15 including shipping and VAT.

It's obviously a cheap way to extend a body to allow 9v drop-ins to be used without the expense of a new body.

IMG_6563.jpeg

Below showing the extender with a round body Surefire 6P.
IMG_6561.jpeg

Below photo shows the extender fitted to a Malkoff MD3 body compared to an MD4 body.
IMG_6562.jpeg

I'm ordering a couple more before they sell out! 😂

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Earlier today I was just thinking that I wish I'd bought another Solarforce extension back in the day.

Maybe I'll get two of these to put onto my 6P so it can run a P90 on two 16650 cells. Hmm.

thomas.r.briggs@gmai

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. Earlier today I was just thinking that I wish I'd bought another Solarforce extension back in the day.

Maybe I'll get two of these to put onto my 6P so it can run a P90 on two 16650 cells. Hmm.
I have some Solarforce ones laying around to trade fir a head and tailcap to fit solarforce