Body for Surefire 6P parts

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Or, as it just fits in:
roll it on Your bench,
maybe use warm air from a hair dryer while ...
possibly could give the .001 mm "needed"
;-)
I placed the battery at a wooden table and rolled a plastic cutting board over it a few times. It really helped,no the battery falls out by itself from the body. It was just one place with double wrap where it was to big.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I haven't logged into CPF in over 10 years, I'm pretty sure, but I used to be a Surefire lego nut. I recently got back into the light hobby after a long hiatus. I had a guy in Michigan who used to bore my 6P bodies for $25 a piece.. he did a great job... I sold most of them but I do have a bored 9P that I run a Malkoff M61 in with 2 li-ion 18500s. Anyway, this thread got me looking for 6Ps... Geez, they're collector's items now. There was a period where I was buying them for $20 a piece (for the whole light), and would send out 9-10 bodies to be bored at one time. I would sell off a few to cover my costs... bored 6P bodies used to go for ~$100. I should have just sat on a bunch of unopened ones... I had brand new black M2s too.. a bunch of them... kinda sad now... Anyway, this may not be the best place to ask, but is Greta still around? Browsing around the forum, I'm happy to see some guys that were around when I was active. Hello to anyone who remembers me... I was a member when the very first Fenix light was new...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, I haven't logged into CPF in over 10 years, I'm pretty sure, but I used to be a Surefire lego nut. I recently got back into the light hobby after a long hiatus. I had a guy in Michigan who used to bore my 6P bodies for $25 a piece.. he did a great job... I sold most of them but I do have a bored 9P that I run a Malkoff M61 in with 2 li-ion 18500s. Anyway, this thread got me looking for 6Ps... Geez, they're collector's items now. There was a period where I was buying them for $20 a piece (for the whole light), and would send out 9-10 bodies to be bored at one time. I would sell off a few to cover my costs... bored 6P bodies used to go for ~$100. I should have just sat on a bunch of unopened ones... I had brand new black M2s too.. a bunch of them... kinda sad now... Anyway, this may not be the best place to ask, but is Greta still around? Browsing around the forum, I'm happy to see some guys that were around when I was active. Hello to anyone who remembers me... I was a member when the very first Fenix light was new...
I remember you. Welcome back to CPF.
Greta stops by rarely from what I've noticed. Short version:
Sold CPF awhile ago to Mr. Ed. Then a bit later on she apparently regretted it. Everyone who was a moderator lost that status. Mr. Ed is the only Admin. it seems. He's more laid back then Greta was. More freedom on the forums. Topics go off-topic a bit more often than in previous years. But Mr. Ed seems cool with that, just as long as everyone minds their manners and can express themselves properly. Like I said, members have more freedom to be who they are, but CPF proper is NOT the new Underground. From what I've seen, most members are doing a good job of regulating themselves.

Welcome Back. I recognize your avatar. (I Became a member in 2010 and had a 3-year hiatus from 2017-2020. I had to re-subscribe due to my old account being corrupted. I was formerly just "Voider" and only had 261 posts - many of which were sales of Surefire and Malkoff hosts and drop-ins.) The current CPF is pleasantly cordial considering we're no longer under the "civility at gunpoint" regime. There seems to be fewer innovators nowadays, but it's still a great place to hang out.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow great to read from you.
Greta sold CPF to Mister Ed.
Moderators and admin members were apparently not needed; not a good result but owner calls the shots. We lost a lot when that happened but we still keep moving along.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just noticed that the company selling the replacement 6P bodies and parts, on AliExpress, is now also selling the 6Z and 9Z bodies, the round body predecessors of the Z2 and Z3!

It doesn't mention if they accept 18mm cells or not, so I've ordered a Z2 body to find out! 😆

Replacement Surefire parts
Good news! The 6Z body does accept an 18650 battery, the battery can only be loaded via the tail cap end though.

SF Z2 18650.jpeg

The above photo shows the new 6Z body fitted with parts from a round body 6P and a set of Surefire grip rings installed.

rrego

Enlightened
Good news! The 6Z body does accept an 18650 battery, the battery can only be loaded via the tail cap end though.

View attachment 57328

The above photo shows the new 6Z body fitted with parts from a round body 6P and a set of Surefire grip rings installed.
Damn, that is really cool! Thanks for the info Dave D!

I followed the link and purchased a 6Z body and 9Z body (stated it was the last one?). Hopefully my parts are also bored for 18mm cells. I want to run the 6Z with my Malkoff M61WL SST20 high CRI and with a 3.7V incan drop in and the 9Z with a 7.4V incan drop in. However to run incan in these bodies, I will use the hex head (boro lens) so as to not ruin the lexan lenses. When I run the Malkoff, I can use the smooth head as the LED will not harm it.

I do have mint condition 6Zs in the two styles they had (one with the two flat rings and the flared ring, and another 6Z with the three flat rings and flared ring. Both of these classics are cool in that they are super short.

I also have two Z2s (one mint, one new in package) (both are hex heads, one is the lexan hex head and the other is the boro lens hex head).

I also have two Z3s. Both in mint condition. Both have hex head, but again, one is lexan lens, and the other is boro lens.

These new bodies that I will piece together, I can kind of treat them as light "users" (ha ha) while the others make appearances once in a while.

I'll also report when the bodies come in whether they are 18mm bored :^P

Last edited:

Alaskantinbender

Newly Enlightened
Damn, that is really cool! Thanks for the info Dave D!

I followed the link and purchased a 6Z body and 9Z body (stated it was the last one?). Hopefully my parts are also bored for 18mm cells. I want to run the 6Z with my Malkoff M61WL SST20 high CRI and with a 3.7V incan drop in and the 9Z with a 7.4V incan drop in. However to run incan in these bodies, I will use the hex head (boro lens) so as to not ruin the lexan lenses. When I run the Malkoff, I can use the smooth head as the LED will not harm it.

I do have mint condition 6Zs in the two styles they had (one with the two flat rings and the flared ring, and another 6Z with the three flat rings and flared ring. Both of these classics are cool in that they are super short.

I also have two Z2s (one mint, one new in package) (both are hex heads, one is the lexan hex head and the other is the boro lens hex head).

I also have two Z3s. Both in mint condition. Both have hex head, but again, one is lexan lens, and the other is boro lens.

These new bodies that I will piece together, I can kind of treat them as light "users" (ha ha) while the others make appearances once in a while.

I'll also report when the bodies come in whether they are 18mm bored :^P
The 18500's fit in the 9Z with no problem. And the LF grip rings and spacers work great. Now I need to order more rings and spacers.
IMG_6861[1].JPG

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Alaskantinbender, LF has both grip rings and the spacers? I only see the grip rings.

I just got my 6Z body in last night and have to put a light together but my initial impression is they did a really nice job this is a great Surefire 6Z on a budget.

Alaskantinbender

Newly Enlightened
@Alaskantinbender, LF has both grip rings and the spacers? I only see the grip rings.

I just got my 6Z body in last night and have to put a light together but my initial impression is they did a really nice job this is a great Surefire 6Z on a budget.

Edit to say that what I called spacers are listed as grip rings for the Surefire P series lights.

Yes, they are on the website in packs of three(different colors). Look in the flashlight body section. The spacers are a little big and will slide on the flashlight body but the grip ring will hold them in place.

rrego

Enlightened

View attachment 57328

My 6Z body came in today and as you stated, it takes an 18650!

Running a Malkoff M61WL on 18650GA battery.

I'm glad I came upon your post for these parts Dave D!