Surefire parts on E-bay, fake or?

Alaskantinbender

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the surefire madness. I see lots of lights and parts advertised as the real deal but who is to know? many look brand new just like the ones on Ali Express. Unfortunately, many of the reference threads are very old and the pictures show up as a big red X.
And to add insult to injury Surefire changed many things over the years making it difficult at best to spot fakes. I ran into the same problem with Benchmade knives.

Sorry, a bitt of a rant.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe fake, maybe not, totally depends on the seller, EBay is not a store, it is a marketplace. there are legit sellers and there are scammers.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Maybe fake, maybe not, totally depends on the seller, EBay is not a store, it is a marketplace. there are legit sellers and there are scammers.
I'd say more like the online equivalent of a giant outdoor flea market with numerous "booths" or "tables." But, you're right. varying levels of legit sellers, unintentionally rubbing shoulders with somewhat shady sellers; all the way down to con-men trying to rip people off. Ya rollz UR dice, takes Ur's chances!

eBay is worth it for certain things. For others? Not worth taking the risk.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really that bad, there is ebay protection that refunds you if seller sends you something that does not match description. works every time., out of 602 purchases i made over a decade or so, I had issues only a dozen of times or so, in every case i resolved it by either replacement or a refund. Just read the description, sellers profile, and you'll know what you get 99% of the time, i usually buy from usa sellers. so shipping is quick.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some sellers found a way around it, the listing says usa, but the items come from china anyway. they just redirect with local guy. You need to look at seller location, click on sellers name, then click about.
When the listing says California without city, or US, or multiple warehouses in US, it is a red flag, check sellers location. It usually takes 3 days for a package From California to get to NY, if they mail it out quick, but some items may take few weeks, however tracking will be already provided, the status in my ebay will say shipped.