• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph McClicky Mule + V10 glow powder + 2 Ton epoxy

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a result of several PM'ed requests I will be offering these up for sale. I am not sure what to charge, but I want to be cheap. I will have to have a proper Al mold made and I need to order more powder. I am curious as to how many of these I should make? I will need feedback on this!
Maybe you could start a feeler thread , so you have a better idea for peeps interested.BTW I also swapped my tailcap for a GITD one and the action is a lot smoother...Momentary switching is a la Surefire now.

Last edited:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the same thing when I got my mule. Trim about 4mm off the DX tailcap middle post. It's very good feel now, I can actually feel the clicky friction while pushing it, very good feeback. Also, the skirt circumference of the tailcap has to be trimmed so the red o-ring can fit around properly. Otherwise the black o-ring will not sit nicely.

IMO original mcclicky boot is a bit hard for the mule, it works wonderful for protruding tailcaps.

I am curious as to how you like the action of the GID boot in comparison to the stock boot? That looks like one of the DealExtreme units? Is the activation smoother and easier with it? I further assume you used just the boot and the black retaining O-ring on assembly?

Thanks.

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool input on the boots guys. Keep it coming. I have some sample silicone boots that were made in the same mold as the stock boots inbound. I want to check out the material and then likely proceed with a new boot that has a wider skirt. The idea is to avoid use of the red O-ring and just have a retaining O-ring used with this boot. The McClickie pak loads the switch from the rear which is not what the switch and original boot were designed for (front loading in a tail cap). Some of you have no doubt noticed the drive holes that I drilled into the main body of the McClickie switch for this application as well. If there is an additional run of switches made, these drive holes will be added to the switch in the mold itself.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too had a bag'o'tealites from Ikea.
So last night I mixed up some devcon and Ultra Blue. First time with the Blue all my other fun has been with green, my girlfiend likes it better. When I can't find this light I will look on her nightstand.
I lit it up with UV in the pictures.

Thanks Sgt.LED this process worked real great :twothumbs
Oh a pfmedic glow o-ring replaced the one under the lens, 3/4".
P1000056.jpg

UV LIGHT
P1000060.jpg

AFTER GLOW (longer exposure)
P1000062.jpg

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I got robbed today and my mule was one of the victims. Wendy lost alot of jewlrey and I lost alot of lights. The theif seemed to be a flashaholic as he left just a magled behind. Now I have to buy a bunch of lights and a new door and frame, and jewlrey..
Shitty day today

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got robbed today and my mule was one of the victims. Wendy lost alot of jewlrey and I lost alot of lights. The theif seemed to be a flashaholic as he left just a magled behind. Now I have to buy a bunch of lights and a new door and frame, and jewlrey..
Shitty day today

That F'ing sucks man. Time to hit up your local pawn shops tomorrow looking for the jewelry. At least you and your wife are safe.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
You mean he broke in and took your lights together with the jewels? He must indeed be a flashaholic.
That SUCKS !!!!
Are you at least insured?
bernie

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a horror story to my ears!!! I'm sorry for your loss, could you list the flashlights stolen? If they were some shelf queens then the appearance of looking valuable is probably why they were stolen. A flashaholic thief... not likely, were you open about your pocketlight hobby?

What a horribe feeling, just be happy that you and yours is safe.

Mayo

da.gee

Enlightened
First person I'd look at is the guy at work or the local pub you showed your shiny new Mule to.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
So yesterday I was going through my cabinet of stuff and I found some glow in the dark paint. Unfortunatly the stuff in the jars was HARD as A a arock!!
I added some aceatone and let it sit over night.
Today I rememberd the stuff and obened the jars up and found they they had turned to gel. great news. I stirred up the green and tested it out.
Once dry the stuff takes a lottle charging from a strong light and low and behold I got glo.

Now I have been wanting to duplicate the effect of the epoxy donuts for a while and just couldn't get it together to start mixing the stuff up. So what I did was paint the Mcpet disk which came with my Aleph Mule let it dry and I have a very good effect. The glow glows for 20 -30 minutes. Only problem is that it doesn't look quite as clean as the epoxy. Anyway I have made some progress.

Yaesumofo