• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL SOLD! Slotted Nitecore pistons with vials installed ALL SOLD!

cerealkiller

Newly Enlightened
Re: Price dropped! FS: Slotted Nitecore pistons with vials installed

Payment sent ,9B570xxxxxxxx104P

RCantor

Enlightened

I'll take #5 with body. Is there anything else besides that that I need? (obviously an eneloop :)

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

"ALL SOLD"... Sounds good.

More "predator" pistons, please

okwchin

Newly Enlightened

Which ones are the "predator ones"? As far as I can remember, the predator marker was 3 round dots...

If you can put some together, I'm up to get some more of the one indicated!

TritiumDec2011-1.jpg

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're right about the one marked up. I wasn't refering to the weapon triple laser pointer but the arm control panel and its obvious tritium shape...

Frame from the 1987's first film

I'm editing this post as I don't want to bump a finished sales thread

Last edited:

okwchin

Newly Enlightened

Predator_24.jpg

I was thinking of these when you say predator...

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought I knew everything about D10/EX10 and D11/EX11 as I have a small collection of modded lights of this type. Well, I was wrong! Yesterday I got an EX10/EX11 new style piston and a D10/D11 new style one...

First I wanted to install the piston in my EX11, changed the spring and the o-ring which I lubed, popped the piston with the battery in the light and screwed it together. To my surprise, I was unable to screw it together completely and the piston was completely blocked, I couldn't shut the light off anymore. I got the piston out again and compared it to the one that was in my EX11 and the slotted one was about 3mm longer. Weird! Unfortunately I have no EX10 with the new style piston to compare, that one must have used longer ones I guess and the piston I got was from one of those?

Then came the D10, the one I wanted to get the piston in is a late D10 (and surely a new style). Again a surprise, the top of the piston was too large, impossible to get it in. To check I took the (slotted) piston out of my D11, same thing, too large. So, I guess that the D11 uses pistons that have a larger button top and the piston I got was from a D11?

OK, that meant Dremel time with my two left hands. For the EX11 I did a perfect job despite my two left hands, I shortened the piston and it now has nearly the exact size of the stock one. So, no problem I thought, got the piston in the light and was unable to shut the light off, the cell I used was an AW RCR123. After an eternity of sanding, polishing and checking I realized that the new piston must be slightly shorter inside, the light works normally with a slighty shorter CR123A. I'm thinking about trying to dremel some material off at the top inside the piston, dangerous operation I guess, same thing for shortening the positive contact on the light engine...

As for the D10, I dremeled the top a little thinner, we can call us lucky sometimes, that only the last 2 millimeters of the top of the piston are visible when it's installed. I polished around the button, so the look is OK, but the light didn't work neither, the piston was slightly too short! Again, there seem to be differences. I took my solder iron and tried to get some solder points around the button, so that it can't slip in th ebody that far. That operation was a success, the light works (didn't try with a 14500, there's an L91 inside) and the button is still high enough for normal operation. Don't ask how the piston looks around the button now, but as I said, that's hidden inside the light. Instead of soldering points (which I'm not sure they will hold on), some washers (like in Jeff's great lights) would have been a better idea, but I don't have any in the right size.

Perhaps somebody knows more about those differences? Has anybody had to do some modifications yet?

cerealkiller

Newly Enlightened

Just got the pistons and i like it very much! but i now have a noobie problem =.=...I assume now i have to get the original nitecore d10 /d11 to get the head lamps on?Or does the piston (body?) fit any nitecore D10/D11/EX11 head(lamp?) sorry for asking this stupid question....anyone can give me a hand?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got the pistons and i like it very much! but i now have a noobie problem =.=...I assume now i have to get the original nitecore d10 /d11 to get the head lamps on?Or does the piston (body?) fit any nitecore D10/D11/EX11 head(lamp?) sorry for asking this stupid question....anyone can give me a hand?

Strange problem indeed... :ohgeez:

You got pistons #1 and #2 I see, those should fit any new style D10 or D11. Please read my posting above, piston #9 fitted my D11 without a problem, but neither #6 nor #9 fitted my D10 new style, the top was too large. I don't understand this, but it's reality and so I suggest you buy a D11 and you shouldn't have any problems. Most dealers will have only D11 in stock though and V2 should be the same as for sizes.

A head alone is not everything as the piston is NOT the body. It's no surprise you don't know the system, no other manufacturer uses it, except the inventor (Don McLeish), but he stopped production of PD lights as well. As a noob you probably haven't discovered McGizmo yet, don't search for it, your wallet doesn't want you to find out about CPF's best kept secret. Oh, I forgot, there's somebody else who builds lights with the piston drive system, you just bought two pistons from him. If you have a chance to get a JHanko D10 (again, your wallet's very afraid...), you don't need any of your pistons however, Jeff's light come with their own VERY special pistons... :devil:

Please have a look here to see how such a light works :

http://www.nitecore.com/article.php?id=32