AM-Ti1 handmade Titanium CR123 flashlight -part II

StanTeate

Enlightened
Would it be possible to slide in a slim pwm in or possibly increase to fit a pila A150?
Just throwing out wishlist ideas.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it's June now & I've already got my first titanium flashlight, albeit a CR2 one to boot, so sadly I have to drop my interest in this project & hopefully I can get some money back on the light I traded Jochen with in anticipation of the AM-Ti1 a few months back. :( Hope things work out for Jochen soon.

StanTeate

Enlightened
Eric,
Since you have a way to contact Jochen, could you relay a request? He is not making any friends by shutting out the very people who want him to succeed. I hate to see fellow CPF'ers like Flashlight get so dispondent that they give up. Jochen may have come upon some hard times, in that case I feel for him. We all bounce back from adversity. It would seem to me that for those people who have a vested interest, those who have either traded or paid in advance, would appreciate SOME form of update if not refund. Summer has arrived and this thread has gone a LONG time without any input from its CREATOR. Posting an update only takes a minute of one's time. It would be nice if you could relay this message. We are not mean, judgmental people, we just want an update.
Thank you.
Stan Teate

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Stan, flashlight, and others I sent an email quoting the thread. Thanks

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
:whistle:

Yoooooooooooo......Hooooooooooo, Jochen, where are yoooooooooou ?
:popcorn: :rant: :mad: :awman: :huh2: :candle: :scowl: :dedhorse: :huh: :toilet: :poke: :thinking: :wtf: :sleepy: :mecry: :nana: :poof: :tsk: :( :whoopin: :sigh: :hairpull: :knight: :sick: :confused: :twak: :banned: :duh2: :banghead: :tinfoil: :shakehead :rolleyes:

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just heard from Jochen & he's ok but really busy with work & getting on with the demands of life as we all are. Looks like the AM-Ti1 will be put on hold for the time being. He's graciously squared things with me though. :eek:

Last edited:

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Hi there - I am back ;)

Sorry for the very long delay, it is close a year now from my last post, but there were some serious things happening to my life that kept me away from reading and writing at CPF.

Some do perhaps know that I was self employed in a computer business, that was running very well.
Then I got the offer for an interesting job, which will probably be for lifetime, but at much less money and much more work to do than I was used to...
For me a very hard decisison, especially in these days of bad economy...
As this was a become decision for the rest of my life with absolutely no way back the theme was stuck in my head for 24 hours a day - no interest in flashlights or other fun stuff at all...
But finally I decided to go this way with new job but also took the possibility also to keep my old business in a reduced manner.
This does finally mean that I am working every day 8 hours for the new job and then continue working for my own business...
You can imagine that there is not a lot time remaining for wife, dogs, house and hobbies.
For the first month there was very few beside working and sleeping - the weekends I needed to recover...

But now I am slowly getting used to my new life and am finally getting interested in fun things again.
I already started the work again on my vintage cars and during the last weeks I feel again a big interest in flashlights ;)

Beside from these personal things I now believe that I startet my flashlight project too enthousiastic.
The fist light was done quite quickly and it looked so phantastic, that I was sure it will be easy to come to a production.
But I did not have to wait a long time for the first hits taking me big steps backwards. Titanium is much harder to work with than I expected from my fist contacts. Around every second case I started to make was damaged on the lathe...
There were and are still some design problems which have to be solved and I am also not happy with all the tools I am using, even I spent a lot of money on them... Then there were problems with the wooden case production and also the engraver destroyed me 2 cases - all things which gave me the feeling that I really need a break to think about how to go on...

Finally I still want to make this light and I can promise you I will make this light!
I already spent too much money on tools and material to stop it now, and finally I still believe there is a need for this light!
But I will not and can not do it the way I first intended to do...
This will stay a completely hand made light and so the process must and will be different from the one for a CNC produced light.
I cannot make some prototypes and then start a production like it is normally done - for me every light I make will be a sort of a prototype!
So unfortunately it will be impossible for me to take orders and start a production as I first intended to do, I will have to produce and offer one light after another whenever I have time and fun to do so.

I cannot promise you a concrete date when things will start to move, but I believe it will happen during the next few months.
At the moment I do not even have one of my lights for my personal use, and this will need to change ;)

Here again my apologies for the too long delay.
I can promise you, that I will keep you informed better from now how things are going on!

All the best! Jochen

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear you are well and back. If they are available one at a time, they will certainly add to the enthusiasm of watching and they will most certainly become collectors. Lots of fun down the road it would seem. Take your time, we can wait!

Karl

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jochen wrote:

I cannot make some prototypes and then start a production like it is normally done - for me every light I make will be a sort of a prototype!

So unfortunately it will be impossible for me to take orders and start a production as I first intended to do, I will have to produce and offer one light after another whenever I have time and fun to do so.

Heh, heh--seems to me that you now have another job for life! :lolsign:

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
Glad to see you are back Jochen ! :grin2: :buddies:

It sounds like you have your hands full, but please keep me on your interest list when one of your flashlights becomes available.