Announcing the flashlight/rechargeable battery compatibility chart.

CoffeeAchiever

Newly Enlightened
Did someone accidentally delete the text in The Rechargeable Battery Compatibility Chart's "discussion" tab? I had started a thread suggesting that we create a "Flashlight Components Compatibility Chart" based on the battery compatibility Wiki table.

In the discussion page, I had mentioned that I'd copied the code for the battery compatibility chart as a starting point and posted the new table in the CPW "Sandbox". I made a few small changes to the code reformatting the table headings. I then populated the new table with four examples of flashlight component inter-compatibility that came to mind.

In any event, take a look at the CPW Sandbox page when you get a chance. Click on over to the main CPW page and look for the category "Other". There you will see a link for the "Sandbox". I'm sure that some can suggest a better way to present flashlight component compatibility information than I've come up with. Now that we have a really useful battery compatibility reference, the next logical step seems to be sharing our experiences combining different manufacturers' bezel assemblies, body tubes, extenders and tailcaps.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased the new version of the "Striker VG by LedLogic" with the improved switch that has constant momentary-on function .

The newest version of AW's (smaller diameter) Protected 18650 Rechargeable Li-Ion's - will NOT fit in the battery tube of the Striker VG by LedLogic .

They are advertised by AW to be thinner-but they are still too fat to slide into the tube of the Striker VG.

Verified by CPF member "TooManyGizmos" - 4/1/2006 .

:awman: . :mad:
HOWEVER - PAPERWORK INCLUDED IN THE BOX OF A NEW STRIKER VG RECEIVED 4/1/2006.......STATES UNDER SPECIFICATIONS : SUITABLE FOR OPERATION WITH 3.6v RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM BATTERIES .

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
making slight adjustments to Pauls listing of the P91 lamp for safety concerns...

| SureFire P91 xenon lamp assembly (~2.4-2.8A)
| 2 x Wolf Eyes 150B/150A/168B/168A cells (1 click). Note that 2 x AW's original 17500, 18500, or 17670 protected cells will NOT light it. (Also note that if the P91 is used in a Wolf Eyes body, the head can't screw down completely.) edit: using cells below 1300mah capacity is not advised for this high drain rate lamp(for safety concerns). the *new* AW 17670 will light this lamp on the first click every time with no safety issues.
| CPF Member [http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/member.php?u=8812 Paul_in_Maryland] edited by [http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/member.php?u=11647 MDOCOD]

added

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)

Hey Flash ........

I've noticed a couple of items ' out of place' on the list.

Could you explain to us members who want to add to the list ;

HOW TO > ...... MAKE IT APPEAR IN THE CORRECT ALPHABETICAL LOCATION ON THE LIST ....after you add something to the list ....... so it's NOT just 'at the bottom' of the list .

Sure would help ........ thanks.

.:grin2:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Regarding the Streamlight TL3. Its runs on 9 volts or two LiIon cells. You should make that (2) 17500's. Reports are that protected will work with two clicks, and unprotected with 1 click. Dukester has reported on his success with 17500's in the TL3 incan.

Bill

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
my pm6 3w works with 3.7v 750mah r123s. About the same output, maybe a little more.... it gets a little warm after a while, but not hot.

-David

TiberiusBeeKirk

Newly Enlightened
I've put in 2 unprotected rcr123's (bought from LightHound, thanks lighthound) in a Nuwai 1 watt headlamp 712L
Works on all three levels.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
If somone wants to add:
Ultrafire 1AA light (from china) 1W type. is really only for alkalines, a Lithium primary at 1.7V pumps up the ultrafire to a 1.5W output, and increases the heat.
so Alkines for long life, and long runs, lithium for Short HOT intermittant use, that may eventually fry it.
Lithium-ion 3.6v WILL fry it quickly.

Fenix 1AA L1T 3w. will take about anything, on its High position.
alkalines it runs very low , almost to low,
lithiums it runs great, and with its 2 levels is a good matchup, but never really achieved a full 3W , which is good because it would get hot.
with Li-Ion it gets to about 2-2.5W with 4V, as high as about 3.5W with 4.30V which is a bit hot for how small and heat dissapating the light is.
EDIT:make that way to hot . good for intermittant short term use.

2 lights look the same, the light output can be made similar, but thier curcuits are completly different. but both curcuits VARY lots depending on the voltage (battery).
if i compared these cheap curcuits to a GEORGE curcuit, its all the differance in the world, Georges N-flex thing was very very stable at its usable voltages.

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coast 1AA David 15.
alkalines ok
lithium good, mabey a bit higher than it intended to run, but it needs em.
Li-Ion NO way, would jack it up to like 2Amps, enough to blow it out in a few hours of running.

RickB

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

Not sure if this chart is still considered "active," but I took a look and it's been hit by spammers. I would have rolled it back to a real version, but didn't want to step on any toes... Any thoughts?

-Rick

Latest posts