Another F35 Down

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw an online news story about an F35 mishap. Apparently it was one of the B models making a vertical landing when things went bad. Bounced on landing then pitched nose-down, like the stability control went on the fritz. Pilot punched out after the plane floundered around a bit on the ground. Seemed like he couldn't shut down the engine so getting out was probably a good idea! Blue screen of death??? Don't think that ctrl-alt-del is going to fix that!

There's a youtube video if you search for "F-35B STOL Ejection". Might want to mute the audio so you don't get the enlightened commentary from the guy recording it :rolleyes:

Seems like it's been a bad year for F35s. Early in the year a Navy F35 crashed in a carrier landing attempt. Another went down in Utah a couple months ago.

A Youtuber named Ward Carroll, a former F14 Tomcat RIO, did a couple videos on the carrier crash. Just type his name into the YouTube search then search his page for "F35" if you're interested.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very surprised we still have humans in the planes
That change will be coming soon. I think the info on the new B21 said it has an un-manned option. I don't think that human pilots will be completely out of the picture though.

Based on events, obviously software can't solve everything!