• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Anto's fully potted & heatsinked 1.4A XP-G R5 P60 Dropin SALES THREAD.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the new Anto drop in yesterday and I am really likeing it so far. :twothumbs It easily out throws my M61, and the beam and tint are really nice. Spill beam is a little narrower than the M61, but not too much. Has a medium sized, tightly focused hotspot. It definitely has alot of throw going on for a xpg module. I would say that throw of the Anto module easily compares close to a TK11. Also, IMO, it is definitely at the 300 lumen OTF standpoint. I look forward to Big C's results with the R5 module. Im glad I got in on this run, it is definetly a keeper.

pwatcher

Enlightened
:oops:Fortunately for someone else, I also need to remove myself from the list. Maybe I'll catch a future run - sorry for any inconvenience! :sigh:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I been doing some more testing on the Anto R4 since my R5 replacement is not ready yet....

If you recall your XP-G R4 in my personal 10.5in IS Sphere did a bit less than in MrGmans 6in Sphere, but overall about the same performance. I re-tested it just now and I got the same OTF readings on my personal sphere:

No matter the turn-on lumens both my IS Sphere and MrGmans = 280ish at 4 minutes:D

1 sec =286.2
30 sec = 286.9
1 min= 298.5
1.5 min = 296.9
2 min = 292.3
3 min = 288.5
4 min = 283.1

Then I wrapped it with a ton of Arctic Silver 5 because I noticed considerable heatsinking while testing my MC-E and SST-50 drop-ins.

After the AS5 was applied:

1 sec =326.9
30 sec = 310.8
1 min= 304.6
1.5 min = 300.8
2 min = 297.7
3 min = 294.6
4 min = 291.5

Now imagine what will happen when I put the AS5 on the Anto R5 drop-in:candle::candle::candle:

Anto

Enlightened
Got the new Anto drop in yesterday and I am really likeing it so far. :twothumbs

Ben - Thanks for the kind words!

I've got to take myself off the list. Sorry and Thank you.
No problem.

Got mine yesterday. It's very well made, very bright and well focused. Thanks Anto. :)

No problem Chris! Put it to good use :).

Can I have Flashfiend's spot?

Sorry, no can do. Stay tuned for the 2nd run!

I did not get a PM. Thanks,

Bill

Bill - I'm going in order off the list. Next run soon.

Wrapping up the next set of dropins. Switched to a black epoxy as well.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 sec =286.2

After the AS5 was applied:

1 sec =326.9
Hi BigC,

While thermal paste will certainly help maintain lumens as opposed to no paste, the heat at one second would not have had enough time to reach the outer surface of the drop-in for the AS5 to make a difference. I suspect the 40 lumen gain is probably due to something else changing during the testing.

That being said, I like the idea of thermal paste in conjunction with copper tape. A bit of a pain to clean up every time if one changes drop-ins frequently, but great otherwise.

Looking forward to vids of the R5 version of this drop-in outdoors!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi BigC,

While thermal paste will certainly help maintain lumens as opposed to no paste, the heat at one second would not have had enough time to reach the outer surface of the drop-in for the AS5 to make a difference. I suspect the 40 lumen gain is probably due to something else changing during the testing.

That being said, I like the idea of thermal paste in conjunction with copper tape. A bit of a pain to clean up every time if one changes drop-ins frequently, but great otherwise.

Looking forward to vids of the R5 version of this drop-in outdoors!

I have tested 5 drop-in high current modules and I re-test right before I apply the AS5 just to make sure I get as scientific as possible. Sure enough I keep getting the same awesome results. It is super messy and I would hate to clean up afterwards, but at this point I don't know why the lumens rise.

R5 will be tested both ways with and without AS5:thumbsup:

supergravy

Newly Enlightened
I have tested 5 drop-in high current modules and I re-test right before I apply the AS5 just to make sure I get as scientific as possible. Sure enough I keep getting the same awesome results. It is super messy and I would hate to clean up afterwards, but at this point I don't know why the lumens rise.

R5 will be tested both ways with and without AS5:thumbsup:

AS5 is electrically conductive too. Perhaps it is helping to lower resistance and bring the output numbers up?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I got my Anto R5 today and tested it. The numbers are amazing too:thumbsup:

AntoR5.png

Latest posts